Photo

The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Wizard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (7 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this quest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

The Dark Wizard by Pheonix

Download here: the dark wizard - 0.89 MB

Play on 2.5 build 693.

#2 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:40 PM

Sorry for the absence of information, so here's some:
Story: The Dark Wizard has created mass havoc over a kingdom. The only thing that can stop him is the Triforce of Wisdom, shattered into three parts and scattered over the kingdom. As the kingdom's only resident hero, you must go and collect the Triforce shards and slay the Dark Wizard.

Info:
Three large main dungeons and one smallish final dungeon
Four sections of overworld to traverse
One final custom boss
Custom dungeon maps (HoD/Trinity Worlds style)

Tips:
Be sure to go around the overworld and collect the heart containers you can reach after getting an item. This will help you immensely.
The difficulty steps up in Level 2. Be sure to stay on your guard.
The hammer's power has been weakened to 3.
The best sword you can get is the White Sword.
You need all the items found in the quest to defeat the Dark Wizard.
You can go through most of Level 4 without getting all three Triforce pieces. You can't access the boss room though. Push every block in every room in Level 4. Who knows, maybe you'll find something!
Screens:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

I'm giving it a four.

It was really enjoyable, the snowy area is a miracle and the 2nd and 3rd dungeons are astounding. It's funny that I thought Center of the Storm to be a secret dungeon until I saw the Triforce piece... *gigantic LOL*
However, the last area and dungeon is just plain nonsense. Even the armageddon quests are built in a way so you can beat them somehow, but here it seems that you placed hard enemies randomly. The final boss was very good for first, but then... the mirror part was just an annoyance (and sometimes the mirror shield didn't work) and there were two rooms... the wizzrobe+gap room and the darknut room... they simply shouted "I don't want to be in this quest!". You could make this quest better! There were such a great ideas, like the surprise fire cascade, the needle storm and the surprise flame beam... I didn't know what that red circle was, so I went close and then barely could jump away from the beam... Those parts were so excellent... Why couldn't those parts be so good?

Nevertheless, making such a quest in 2 weeks is a perfect accomplishment.

#4 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

Sorry about the final area. I designed it to be ridiculously hard. That's why you bring potions.
Did you get the red mail? It's in the first Wizzrobe room of Level 4, in an item room accessed by pushing one of the blocks on the left-hand side.
About the final boss...
Mirror Wizzrobes: Just be glad that there's only a max of two in each room...
Hookshot+Wizzrobes: It was previously Bat Wizzrobes. I changed that right after I got to that point playtesting.
Darknuts: Use the hammer. Please. It will save you.

If you need more heart containers, you can get two extra in Level 4 by getting rid of the enemies in the rooms left and below the boss door room.

#5 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:12 PM

five stars, excellent dungeons (especially level 3), considering the time budget. and as a bonus, could this quest be the birth of a new internet meme?

IPB Image

well then, let me say...STAFF!

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:22 AM

Pheonix: [rap]I never got a red mail and got only two extra heart containers, but I had two potions and used the hammer![/rap]

I didn't start pushing blocks in a room until all enemies were cleared. And I didn't want to kill that wizzrobe bat in that rom, wizzrobe bats are far too annoying unless they are on an open screen with a floor colour that completely differs from them and you have L4 sword.

#7 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:36 AM

Who gave it a one!?!

#8 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(Akkabus @ Dec 18 2007, 12:12 AM)  

five stars, excellent dungeons (especially level 3), considering the time budget. and as a bonus, could this quest be the birth of a new internet meme?

IPB Image

well then, let me say...STAFF!

Whoops. Wrong string. I'll fix that when I get around to it (probably Friday).

#9 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:06 AM

Can't find the item to hit the blue crystals in level 3. Magic Rod I guess, so far I've found the hookshot and the hammer in that level though.

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:13 AM

If I remember well, you need only the sword for those crystals... And the candle for one icy crystal.

#11 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:18 AM

I'll go check again, but I've been using all my items on them and nothing's happening.

EDIT: I guess reseting the ZC player helped. Thanks CC.

Edited by Plissken, 19 December 2007 - 11:19 AM.

#12 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

Done, and once again my love for GB has been satisfied. This quest was a great joy to play, the last place was about 50 times harder than the 3rd place. That was kinda weird feeling. Nevertheless this gets a 5/5 for me.

4 down, 1 to go. Here I come miniquest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users