Photo

Screenshot of the Week 492

Shane DaviAwesome Demonlink Avataro joelmacool12 Octorockoncrack Mudkipz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 492 (61 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

Shane

Shane.png

☮

DaviAwesome

DaviAwesome.png

A screenshot from my Princess' Amethyst quest. Enjoy.

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

What hidden secrets does this forest shrouded in darkness hold? Coming soon... (And no, this isn't Hylian Legacy :P )

Wow, it's been a while since I submitted something to SotW.

joelmacool12

joelmacool12.png

To your left you will find yourself at the mountains, to your right you will find yourself at a town, if you head up you will find yourself at the forest of wisdom.

Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack.png

On the border of Arbor Field and Gale Pass.....

Mudkipz

Mudkipz.png

This doesn't look like Hyrule anymore...

... why does the map say Zebes?

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

My vote goes to Demonlink this week! I'm a sucker for forest screens similar to classic THP. KELLY CLARKSON!
  • Demonlink likes this

#3 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

Definitely Mudkipz this week. I love his use of a sideview screen! :D

#4 CDi-Fails

CDi-Fails

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

Voted for Shane because his screen, while not as visually advanced as the other screens, has a certain charm that comes with these mysterious blocked entrances reminiscent of Minish Cap.

also he's a real ape

• Shane likes this

#5 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

Voted for Shane. The only thing that bothers me about the shot is the double road block. Good turn out!

-Strike
  • Shane and coolgamer012345 like this

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:09 AM

Double road block? Are you referring to the switch behind the gate? I agree that it doesn't look like a switch due to its size and whatnot. I hope to tweak the graphics a little.

Thanks for your support.

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

This is actually very close and everyone did a brilliant job this week. I'm probably going to have to vote for Shane because of the really cool design. It also gave me a sense of MC with the shortcut.

• Shane likes this

#8 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

Shane : ~ Firebird.

DaviAwesome : DX the game.

Demonlink : He seems to have the light beam almost going, but is still too dark and muddy looking of a screen.

joelmacool12 : ~ Firebird.

Octorockoncrack : Is that a Frog in the middle? !0~0! is kinda interesting. The Octorock Statue blocked entry.

Mudkipz : Perhaps .. , *

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 26 January 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#9 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

Could you please elaborate on this? I would enjoy some constructive criticism and honestly I don't even know what you mean when you say that. Could you clarify? Also, I feel like the other submitters would enjoy some clarification from your post if possible. Of course, if you don't wish to provide constructive criticism or elucidate what you were saying, that is completely fine. It is just that I would understand what you are saying more if you explained to me (and to the others) what you meant by the quoted phrase. Thank you. :)

• The Satellite, Shane, Eddy and 4 others like this

#10 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

Double road block? Are you referring to the switch behind the gate? I agree that it doesn't look like a switch due to its size and whatnot. I hope to tweak the graphics a little.

Thanks for your support.

I would say that the button thing should be only 1 or 2 pixels tall (and right now it is 4 or 5 pixels tall).

That would help out and make it look like an actual button and not a pillar thing.

• Shane likes this

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

I personally liked it when you had it as a hole and a rock, instead of the fence and switch. There's a script to keep it permanent too, Shane. :)

• Shane likes this

#12 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

This is actually very close and everyone did a brilliant job this week. I'm probably going to have to vote for Shane because of the really cool design. It also gave me a sense of MC with the shortcut.

Yeah, this week is really good. I'm glad you like my shot and got a huge vibe from the Minish Cap. It has some of my favorite overworld design. :)

Thanks! :)

I would say that the button thing should be only 1 or 2 pixels tall (and right now it is 4 or 5 pixels tall).

That would help out and make it look like an actual button and not a pillar thing.

Yeah, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

I personally liked it when you had it as a hole and a rock, instead of the fence and switch. There's a script to keep it permanent too, Shane. :)

Yeah, I agree. I will use the hole and rock shortcut often, but in this case, it looks weird alongside a brick wall, you know? Thanks for pointing out the script however. :)

• Jared likes this

#13 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

Could you please elaborate on this? I would enjoy some constructive criticism and honestly I don't even know what you mean when you say that. Could you clarify? Also, I feel like the other submitters would enjoy some clarification from your post if possible. Of course, if you don't wish to provide constructive criticism or elucidate what you were saying, that is completely fine. It is just that I would understand what you are saying more if you explained to me (and to the others) what you meant by the quoted phrase. Thank you. :)

It's where you manually replace all the old NES Tiles with Zelda DX/Snes in their place yet keep the original design formats of all the land-maps exactly the same order as in original Nes format or add brighter coloring to bland looking pics.

An example of this is - First Quest remake.
https://www.youtube....h?v=Y4BcGxYsl74

However i personally applaud 8-Nes style over DX/Snes/Firebird anytime: Only if those take the time to even modify the simple 8-bit Nes tiles to their very own unique designs and recoloring.

(In otherwords - designing completely new parts to build with.)

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 27 January 2015 - 03:17 AM.

• David likes this

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:37 AM

So are you asking people to "DX the game"? Or is DX the game just a genre you use to define the modern Zelda Classic tileset? I'm still confused. :/
  • Shane likes this

#15 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

Demonlink : He seems to have the light beam almost going, but is still too dark and muddy looking of a screen.

joelmacool12 : ~ Firebird.

Octorockoncrack : Is that a Frog in the middle? !0~0! is kinda interesting. The Octorock Statue blocked entry.

Mudkipz : Perhaps .. , *
no thanks.
Can you please stop being rude to people? I mean some people want to hear stuff that makes their pictures look better, not things that annoy them. Just give some tips next time! Just sayin'.

And also just so you know, saying the tileset i used in the shot is not good criticism... its not a good compliment too.

Edited by joelmacool12, 27 January 2015 - 11:57 AM.

• Twilight Knight, Shane, Eddy and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, DaviAwesome, Demonlink, Avataro, joelmacool12, Octorockoncrack, Mudkipz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users