Photo

Screenshot of the Week 187

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 187 (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screenshot!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:56 PM

ennonfenom
IPB Image
Link navigating Mystic Woods of the Dammed.

Linkus
IPB Image
Just a regular guest room in a palace.

Shoelace
IPB Image
Welcome to Catarrhini Village

Trimaster001
IPB Image
What will Link find in this secret cave?

And let the voting begin! icon_razz.gif

#2 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

Ennonfenom, looks like an amazing painting. *votes*

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

They're all great shots, honestly, but I go for ennonfenom's. It needs a few touchups in blending, but it still looks great.

#4 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:04 PM

Well this is going to be a close one I am sure, I love the guest room Linkus, and shoelace those houses/or huts are very nicely Made icon_thumbsup.gif mine is well 89% custom so we'll see what happens icon_wink.gif

#5 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:08 PM

Can't decide, I'm gonna null.

Edit: Ennonfenom, that really looks like a fight background from Paper Mario, I have to point that out. xD

Edited by gray0x, 02 December 2007 - 03:09 PM.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:09 PM

I voted Shoelace.

ennonfenom has astounding new living graphics... but it's like a flat painting! I don't know wher can Link go and where not... It's really like Link were hanging on a painting... Might be, this is too good for ZC?

Linkus has a wonderful SNES-ish NZTS interior. It's a pity that I got used to this kind of SNES-ishness, so it doesn't amaze me as much now.

Shoelace... well, I voted here, but I don't really know why. Maybe because the palette and overall feeling is somehow so full... despite that the ground is almost empty (lots of walkable space) and that I already saw the houses and we see now only little part of the transparent water. The tall grass seems new, I'd like to see it in animation with those coloured dots over it.

Trimaster: I don't know what to say... Every of my planned comments are either seem rude or makes me Captain Obvious.

#7 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

I voted Linkus, but it did take me a while to decide between his and Ennonfennom's.

I thought we got to see Link's face this week Shoelace?

#8 Zelda fan gamer

Zelda fan gamer

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:19 PM

Shoelace:
that shot is beatiful, good use of details.

Linkus:
Also nice but i miss the Zelda house feling of it.

Trimaster001:
Very nice shot, but is someone living down there? icon_blink.gif

Shoelace gets my vote.

#9 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(gray0x @ Dec 2 2007, 12:08 PM) View Post

Ennonfenom, that really looks like a fight background from Paper Mario, I have to point that out. xD
Humm.. Actually I got my inspiration from "Rs3" (Romancing saga 3 for the snes)
QUOTE(CastChaos @ Dec 2 2007, 12:09 PM) View Post

ennonfenom has astounding new living graphics... but it's like a flat painting! I don't know wher can Link go and where not... It's really like Link were hanging on a painting... Might be, this is too good for ZC?

Yes its a little flat, I am still working on that icon_shrug.gif Too good for zc? No its in 8bit mode is all icon_wink.gif

#10 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:51 PM

A great tunout nothing worge in any but i have to vote for one so tirmaster001 come on down

He demstrats how a normal cave can look great and where can i get those rats

#11 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

It's not NZTS, Cast. This is way different from that.

Let's see here, where to start...

ennon--Way too busy, and too much outline. And this is in 8-bit mode? Tell me, is it all composed of browns and greens? Put some other colors into it! Also, check my palette below yours--you'll be surprised that it's mainly composed of low-contrast colors and uses a purple fadeout into black in order to conserve color space, and yet I didn't use all 48 level colors. Also, it'd be best to separate grass greens with foliage greens, and make them different hues of green; that way, if you want red foliage with purple grass, you don't need to make entirely new tiles with the palette just to reflect that; not to mention, you need to find the light source for those trees in the background and keep that accurate. Finally, lighten up the clouds--they don't need an outline, since they're puffy and white and mix into the background. In short, you've got a long way to go, so keep practicing!

Me--Can do better. Needs... Bookcases, dressers, wardrobes--more furniture!

Shoelace--I have to admit, it's a little too dark. It's like someone took a bite out of the sun. A few contrast fixes needs to done as well--I can barely tell that the default grass is detailed, thus creating unnecessary color use for something very hard to notice the detail. Make note: Detail is something to clearly see, not to squint at in order to do so.

TM001--It's dark, but you're in a cave, so of course it will be. Oh, and you'll have to adjust the Level Csets if you want to get rid of those bad blues from the transparency--They're being used from Cset 4.

(I think I'm starting to catch NoeL's "graphics jerk" virus...)

#12 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Dec 2 2007, 12:58 PM) View Post

ennon--Way too busy, and too much outline. And this is in 8-bit mode? Tell me, is it all composed of browns and greens? Put some other colors into it! Also, check my palette below yours--you'll be surprised that it's mainly composed of low-contrast colors and uses a purple fadeout into black in order to conserve color space, and yet I didn't use all 48 level colors. Also, it'd be best to separate grass greens with foliage greens, and make them different hues of green; that way, if you want red foliage with purple grass, you don't need to make entirely new tiles with the palette just to reflect that; not to mention, you need to find the light source for those trees in the background and keep that accurate. Finally, lighten up the clouds--they don't need an outline, since they're puffy and white and mix into the background. In short, you've got a long way to go, so keep practicing!

Yeah it is quite busy, And yeah it is 8bit mode. browns and greens, yes it is, I am not so great with palettes soo..Thats something I need to work on. Um the clouds have no outline, I guess I made the last gray highlight too dark so I will lighten it up..But I will keep working on improving my graphics and prospectives icon_wink.gif

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

I vote for Enon, it gives me that Twilight Princess feel.

#14 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, I wanted the detail to be barely noticeable in the grass. I don't want it to stand out, in my opinion, I didn't like when it was noticeable in the grass so I toned it down. The way it animates makes it a lot more noticeable also. Also, I probably will make the main field a lot brighter. I wanted the forest to be a little dark. icon_razz.gif

And, you know, I don't know why I didn't show Link's face yet. I will have to show it next time, I promise. lol.

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

I saw Link's Side Face from your Photobucket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users