some help

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#16 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

Okay, I give up for now looking for a regular key or boss key in level 5. I will wait on my friends for help. Artistic is outstanding by solving problems. If she can´t find the keys I think the author have forgott to add them :nerd:

Thanks for the kind words. :D  But , I get stuck sometimes too. I'm in level 4 now. I'm running as fast as I can! :eyeitus:

#17 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

Is it possible to us the keys in the wrong order? I am having the same problem. Here is where I have been.

zelda151_zpsekbnwybf.png

#18 canaan

canaan

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

I have the same map completed. I think its the button in the first column, top room in your map.

#19 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

I have the same map completed. I think its the button in the first column, top room in your map.

It will not depress

#20 canaan

canaan

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

yeah, i think its a bug, or im missing something

#21 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

i think we can all agree on a bug

I sent the author a PM

Edited by Mister Snooze, 02 March 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#22 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

I'm stuck where you all are at. The button will not depress. I'm thinking what you guys are thinking.

#23 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

Edit:

Ywkls has uploaded a update won't be needing this.

Edited by Artistic, 03 March 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#24 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:00 AM

I think I may have broken level 4... After the teleport, in the top left, go go down 1 screen and then left for a key. I back tracked and got the big key from the door I missed... but now have no key to proceed to the boss..

There are two easy to miss keys there. There's a bombable wall near the beginning of the dungeon that hides a key. Another can be found on the far side of the warp in the map room. I counted the doors and keys and there are the same number of them. I hope this dungeon isn't broken, cause I'd hate to have to remake it.

Additionally, I've loaded an update to fix the bug in level 5. There may be other similar problems in other dungeons, I'll check on them tomorrow. This was caused by my switching those floor switches from step triggers to block triggers, then not going back and making certain that all places where they showed up had been edited appropriately. 

Thanks for letting me know about the bug and be sure to report any others that are found!

• Artistic likes this

#25 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:12 AM

There are two easy to miss keys there. There's a bombable wall near the beginning of the dungeon that hides a key. Another can be found on the far side of the warp in the map room. I counted the doors and keys and there are the same number of them. I hope this dungeon isn't broken, cause I'd hate to have to remake it.

Additionally, I've loaded an update to fix the bug in level 5. There may be other similar problems in other dungeons, I'll check on them tomorrow. This was caused by my switching those floor switches from step triggers to block triggers, then not going back and making certain that all places where they showed up had been edited appropriately. 

Thanks for letting me know about the bug and be sure to report any others that are found!

Thanks for the update. Didn't want to stop playing, it's a fun quest.

#26 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:48 AM

I downloaded the update. But I can't push the block onto the trigger (level 5). Is this another bug?

#27 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

I downloaded the update. But I can't push the block onto the trigger (level 5). Is this another bug?

Im having the same problem after downloading the update...  http://postimg.org/image/huo5704vn/

#28 canaan

canaan

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

heh.

same thing here.

#29 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:22 AM

Its a block that won't move!

#30 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

Note to self: don't mess with quest when half asleep. That block should have a push flag on it but I forgot to put one. I'm updating the file to reflect this. Sorry for forgetting to do it last night. I went ahead and checked the rest of the dungeons and made certain that this problem isn't going to crop up again. Don't know how long it will be before the update is processed unfortunately.

Edit: Somehow this particular bug has slipped past all of my testers. I've no idea how that happened, but I hope that people can now get through the quest. Of course, there's always a chance something else will pop up. Stay tuned...

Further Edit: I know most people that have posted to this haven't gotten to level 11 yet, but I was forced to resubmit the quest to correct an error there caused by the dungeon not being set to the proper dungeon type (in this case Interior). I got to it before the update I posted this morning had cleared, but that means that this will only further delay this update becoming available. Now I'm beginning to think i should just go through and make all of the dungeons Interior type, but that would take a lot of work and since the game is still playable without this; I'm not going to bother right now unless there are further problems. We can only wait and see...

Edited by ywkls, 03 March 2015 - 12:51 PM.

• canaan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users