• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#16 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

2622o2u.png

That switch can be triggered from Link's position.

And I finished the miniquest (4 hours 30 minutes), a really cool little gem =) I would love to see a more serious project with those new items and ideas. Moosh has an incredible ease to do funny dungeons layouts.

That's strange. I tried to do this very same thing and it didn't work. Maybe my script is just a little broken...Anyways, it doesn't really disrupt anything if you choose to shoot the switch from there. I'll put some more block all combos in the way anyways, I suppose...

As for a more serious project...What exactly IS a serious project? I always thought I took my stuff pretty seriously. Unless you mean a serious story which I'll probably never do again. Humor is more for me.

#17 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

As for a more serious project...What exactly IS a serious project? I always thought I took my stuff pretty seriously. Unless you mean a serious story which I'll probably never do again. Humor is more for me.

Nonononono... No misunderstand me. You are my hero. I was referring to a more ambitious quest, more long and with more time of development.

The shocking truth is that this quest feels like a 3-month project at least o_O

I love your style and your humour, it is your hallmark. Your humour adds a lot of charm to your quests. Also I love how your dungeons flow, it's quite fun.

Making this quest in two weeks is one of the most impressive things that I saw in my entire life. Simply, I want more Moooosh... I'm egoist, yeah. But I love your stuff, what can I do?

Edited by Air Luigi, 12 March 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Nonononono... No misunderstand me. You are my hero. I was referring to a more ambitious quest, more long and with more time of development.

Well, Moosh and I have planned colab quests before that are more ambitious than this. But they've kinda fallen through. But hey, we got this done, and people seem to like it, so maybe we'll churn out another sometime. Not right now though. I think Moosh needs a long vacation from ZC after all the work he put into this.
  • Moosh likes this

#19 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

I might as well have crammed three months of work into two weeks. :dead: I'll probably make another lengthy quest some time in the future and it might even be as ambitious as this one, but I probably won't work nearly this fast ever again. But hey, hopefully I made up for how rushed and simplistic Tales of Christoph was. :P

• Air Luigi likes this

#20 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

So, am I supposed to be immune to all of the final boss's attacks?

#21 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

So, am I supposed to be immune to all of the final boss's attacks?

No, this sounds like a pretty serious bug. Could you explain what happened before you fought the final boss?

#22 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

The first two phases were pretty normal. I was in Moosh form, Mooshin' it up, defeating the boss the only way I knew how: flameshitting. I could hit the boss even when it had the dark aura up, which I thought was a little odd. Then cutscene happened. I was dodging attacks for a while, but I noticed at some point that none of them were harming me. First two phases could definitely still hurt me, as I entered with full life and ended with about half.

#23 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

So it seems what happened was the cutscene before the final boss's final phase, which was supposed to clear all effects of the Moosh abilities, forgot to take away the temporary invincibility effect of the haribo tech. Whoops. I guess for now that's one way to completely cheese the final boss. :P

#24 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hey :D. Sorry, i wasn't able to stream yesterday, but today it will be ;). In about 4 hours from this post.
http://www.twitch.tv/avvatro/

Edited by Avataro, 14 March 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#25 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

I got 151 on wtf mode and got a tech. Is wtf mode like the beginner mode? It was way slower.

EDIT No it seems to change each time you play haha.

Edited by Hoff123, 14 March 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#26 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Assuming I can get through Tower of Winds ( I've gotten to what I hope is the last jumping sequence on the third floor, far right side) then will there still be a heavy use of jumping in the rest of the quest??  Jumping skills are definitely not my forte ( probably a good reason why I never got into all the Mario games).  Can I expect to see more jump sequences??  Great game and great sequences, I just suck at this sort of thing ...so I'm looking to save myself from some aggravation if the quest will require these jumping skills throughout.  Again, great quest so far ...I wish I could be better skilled so I could see and do more.

#27 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

There are still jumping areas, but not nearly as much. Levels 2 and 3 both have one jumping sequences that require some precision. The rest of them are more or less trivial though.

#28 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

I finished this quest :)
Now all I got left to do is the boss rush, which I might or might not do sometime soon.
It's a very neat quest with lot's of great stuff. Easily the best quest of the Random Theme Quest Contest too.
The downside is enhanced music, which is said to be removed in an update.

#29 RiaJ

RiaJ

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

I finished this quest today and I'm really amazed with it. Russ, Moosh, you did a pretty good job with this game, still don't believe you made it in just two weeks, so congratulations.

Now, I'm reporting two bugs I found.

zelda001.png

When I enter this room from that spot, Link gets stuck trying to walk upwards.

zelda002.png

I was diving and then tried to come out to the frozen water, then Link got stuck again =(

#30 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

Huh... Both of these are a result of the way ZC works. The top one can be fixed by moving the ice block to prevent the situation where ZC throws a fit and doesn't know what to do with Link, but the bottom one is basically just unfixable; anywhere there's ice and water, it has the potential to break and there's nothing we can do about it. Thanks for bringing that to our attention though, and I'm glad you liked the quest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users