• Please log in to reply
2293 replies to this topic

#31 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

Really! I have only beaten the game in 9 hours. But was getting 100% of everything.

I meant beating the game the first time will get you 20-30 hours. I don't think anyone can do even 4 hours or '0' this game.

#32 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:22 AM

icon_wacky.gif I've been walking in circles in level 1. I've gotten the boss key, boomerang, compass map and the raft. I've found a warp and a gold staircase that won't come down that on the right side of the map that I think will lead me to a few rooms I'm missing on the top right side of the map What am I supposed to do now in order to get the staircase down and the warp to show up so I can finish the level?

Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

#33 barefootguy

barefootguy

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:29 AM

What's the solution for the music bug? It really makes the game unbearable, sounds like someone's playing the piano while holding the pedal down, all the notes are sounding at the same time. I'm using 2.10 btw.

Edited by barefootguy, 28 March 2006 - 12:30 AM.

#34 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

Get a screenshot to help, go here to upload your screenshots very fast:
http://www.dohgames.com/myimg/

What do you do on this screen Shoelance?
http://www.dohgames.com/myimg/1437.bmp

I see this broken-out eye statue thing, what do you do with it, bomb it?

[edit]
What's the solution for the music bug? It really makes the game unbearable, sounds like someone's playing the piano while holding the pedal down, all the notes are sounding at the same time. I'm using 2.10 btw.

Sadly, I just turn my volume off. icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by Zemious, 28 March 2006 - 12:35 AM.

#35 linkdude81

linkdude81

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Mar 27 2006, 09:30 PM)
I see this broken-out eye statue thing, what do you do with it, bomb it?

Yep, you bomb it. What else woud you do with a horribly cracked statue. icon_razz.gif

Great quest so far Shoelace, I'm hooked. Now back to the game! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by linkdude81, 28 March 2006 - 02:01 AM.

#36 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:38 AM

I've been walking in circles in level 1. I've gotten the boss key, boomerang, compass map and the raft. I've found a warp and a gold staircase that won't come down that on the right side of the map that I think will lead me to a few rooms I'm missing on the top right side of the map What am I supposed to do now in order to get the staircase down and the warp to show up so I can finish the level?

Okay, you are at the end of the level then. Go to the right side of the level. You will see a couple of blocks and drains. Push the blocks over the drains and then the switches will go down in the screen below like Zemious needed help with. Step on the switch and it will rise the water. Go on the raft spot and follow the path to the main boss.

#37 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:45 AM

Ok, love your quest, love zelda, but I suck. I can't find the key to the island sorrow, or I am just really really stupid.

#38 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:58 AM

Like Donmore said, the key is on the side of the mountain. When you get out of Donmore's cave go down and there will be a ledge with a tresure chest. That is the key.

#39 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:02 AM

I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying this quest. There are a few things that I'd of done differently (like your OW lock blocks, Link tiles, etc) but that doesn't really matter. icon_razz.gif

I'm through level 1.. Wandering around the forest right now, post Donmore.

One thing I did wanna ask.. Do you use "real" music in every dungeon? When I heard Dream On in level 1, I was like, ".. wtf?" But, it works in a weird way, even thought it's too short for the length of level 1.

#40 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:13 AM

Thanks. When I first started this game I will using the first pure tileset. I was added to the tileset the Puretileset V2. I then edited the Link Tiles. After my hard work on the Link tiles, I didn't have the heart to change them. Plus it would have been a pain because of the cutscenes. And since it was two years ago I made Palm Island and Island Sorrow, you will notice that the design gets better as you go through the game.

No, I didn't use real music in every dungeon. I think only for the first level. I thought the midi of "Dream on" worked really well. Anyways, glad you are enjoying the game.

#41 bigboylink

bigboylink

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:19 AM

<post copied from AGN forums>

Shoelace,

This is a fantastic quest so far (just finished Frodo's Hideout). I'm really impressed at the level of detail that has gone into each screen. The intricacies of the dungeons must have taken you a long time to design. After hearing the midi for "Dream On", I was expecting each dungeon music theme to have some significance with the word "dream", but oh well. I intend to give a full review on PureZC after I complete the quest.

I have found a very nasty continue bug playing in 2.10. I just barely started up the trail to Death Mountain. After slashing that very first switch with the white sword, I decide to call it a night and go to bed. After saving, I re-open my file to find myself in the upper-left corner of the first Death Mountain screen. I can move left, then up, but that's it - I'm stuck. Even after closing ZC, and retrying, that upper-left corner is where I start. I'm VERY discouraged right now and am hoping there is a quick fix to this. Please advise. Thanks man.

#42 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for the solution Shoelace.

ms_zelda_lady

#43 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:47 AM

http://www.mbwonline...o of Dreams.zip

ATTENTION EVERYONE. bigboylink, found a stupid continue bug I made right before I released the game (That is what I get for changing something at the last minute). Please redownload the game. I don't want anyone else to get it. Don't erase your file, just redownload it with the link above and you can continue playing with no worries. I sent in an updated version to PureZC, and it will uploaded soon. For now download it with this link!

#44 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:52 AM

Thanks shoelace. But Revfan9 can't play it right now, as Revfan9 has clearly lost his mind. He hasn't gotten a wink of sleep in days and he is starting to shout random phrases like "FAP!" and "NOI!" and keeps babbling on about someone named Clippy. Revfan9 will however continue playing the game when he is more mentally stable.

#45 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:19 AM

I can't get through the lost woods.
Could you post a walkthrough for it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users