[2.53] Clocks Stay Permanent After F11 Cheat Was Used Once

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 24 August 2021 - 08:48 PM

I noticed a new bug in 2.53 when I used the "No Walls" cheat. After I disabled it and also disabled the invincibility that comes naturally with it, I picked up a clock two rooms later and stayed invincible even when I entered the following room, so I had to press "i" again to make myself vulnerable again. That definitely hasn't happened in the 2.50.3 RC1 version.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 August 2021 - 08:55 PM

I can confirm this. Having access to the invincibility cheat seems to be enough to trigger it.

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 August 2021 - 06:24 AM

I noticed a new bug in 2.53 when I used the "No Walls" cheat. After I disabled it and also disabled the invincibility that comes naturally with it, I picked up a clock two rooms later and stayed invincible even when I entered the following room, so I had to press "i" again to make myself vulnerable again. That definitely hasn't happened in the 2.50.3 RC1 version.

I don't think this is new. Ever since 2.50.2; when you activate the ability to walk through walls it automatically gives you a clock via the cheat menu.

So if you turned off the ability to walk through walls but didn't remove the clock via the cheat menu, it would still be there.

• ShadowTiger and Bagu like this

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 August 2021 - 09:07 AM

I don't remember a time when turning off no-clip mode also turned off invincibility. :shrug:

EDIT:  So, the bug here is that after doing the cheat-related stuff,  after picking up a clock, it still lasted into the next room, yes?

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 25 August 2021 - 09:52 AM

I don't think this is new. Ever since 2.50.2; when you activate the ability to walk through walls it automatically gives you a clock via the cheat menu.
So if you turned off the ability to walk through walls but didn't remove the clock via the cheat menu, it would still be there.

Nah this is different - read the post again.  He's already disabled the cheat invincibility.

#6 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 25 August 2021 - 03:50 PM

Did you happen to disable the invincibility from the menu, instead of the "i" key? I seem to see a possible bug if that were the case...

Also, probably shouldn't compare anything to "2.50.3 RC1", as that wasn't a functional released version. 2.50.2 was the last proper version before 2.53.

#7 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 26 August 2021 - 09:59 AM

Yeah, I mean in both 2.50.3 RC1 and 2.50.2 the invincibility worked flawlessly. I noticed that the bug happens only from the menu, but not from the shortcut "F11" or "i". What was your observation, Emily?

#8 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 26 August 2021 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, I mean in both 2.50.3 RC1 and 2.50.2 the invincibility worked flawlessly. I noticed that the bug happens only from the menu, but not from the shortcut "F11" or "i". What was your observation, Emily?

Given that. the bug should be fixed for the next build.

• ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users