Photo

Of Light and Shadows: Demo 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (12 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Forum Moderators

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:09 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Of Light and Shadows
Demo 1!

USE BUILD 1074

That's right, demo 1 is finally out! It's a fairly short demo, but should still be enjoyable. It goes through the following:
The Eastern Ruins (a small overworld area)
The Eastern Palace (the first true level)
And the boss of the Eastern Palace.

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ejdmeomozz2

There's one known bug where the bowling balls don't hurt you. I'd fix it, but this submission's being made about an hour before the due date already, so I don't have enough time. But rest assured, it will be fixed by the next demo.

And if you could please report any bugs the beta testers missed, I'd really appreciate it.

If you want information on the quest as a whole, look at my QPF here: http://www.purezc.co...hp?showforum=63

Have fun!

#2 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

The demo was okay. There were a lot of bugs and a lot of problems that need to be fixed. For example, those blue boulders don't hurt you. Also, please turn off the smart screen scrolling and just use real barriers. It drives me insane. Also, in the first room, Komali can't go up. If you don't want him to go up, then put pots in the next room so he can't go past. The spike jumping thing was way to hard for the first dungeon, I gave up after that.

I did like the creativity that went into the dungeon though. Nice job. icon_thumbsup.gif

8/10

#3 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

I liked this quest demo. It could get frustrating at times, though. But I'm not talking about smashing your head off a wall frustrating. Still, this was great so I give it 9/10.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

Ya, I know the demo's a little buggy, but I didn't have enough time to fix all the bugs. At least there was a demo though.

So you gave up at the spike jumping? People giving up at level 1 definitely isn't a good idea. Maybe I should change it...

And what's wrong with smart screen scrolling? If I make a mistake and put a solid combo that you can walk onto, don't you want something to stop you from walking onto it?

#5 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Nov 9 2009, 12:37 PM) View Post

Ya, I know the demo's a little buggy, but I didn't have enough time to fix all the bugs. At least there was a demo though.

So you gave up at the spike jumping? People giving up at level 1 definitely isn't a good idea. Maybe I should change it...

And what's wrong with smart screen scrolling? If I make a mistake and put a solid combo that you can walk onto, don't you want something to stop you from walking onto it?

Yeah, I'm glad there was a demo.

The spike jumping was pretty difficult, but mostly because I kept on jumping off the edge of the screen and that it was buggy. I think you should put down more platforms without spikes.

I got really confused when there was an open area and I couldn't move to the next screen, so smart screen scrolling would be a good idea.

Anyways, it was an overall good demo, and I can't wait until the next one. icon_smile.gif

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

Thanks! I'll be sure to fix some of the SSS and makes the spikes easier.

And part of the reason the SSS is there is because those "open" screen lead to screens that haven't been made yet. So they'll eventually be fixed. icon_razz.gif

Oh, and I forgot to say, there's one Heart Container Piece hidden somewhere in the demo. Congrats to whoever can find it first. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users