Photo

Screenshot of the Week 412

Mr. Z Anthus Franky

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 412 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

I think you did a pretty good job with mine, which brings up a question: What if someone submits a classic shot? Will you remake it in Pure? :P

I need to recolor/ edit the pillars, and bird statues to make them more consistent (cause believe it or not, there's some art direction here :heh:). The fact that they use a different number of colors, and shading schemes makes them clash against each other, and ultimately leaves the birds looking flat.

Also, Moosh, are those overhang/ tree tiles you used on the demake of Mr. Z's original, or were they added to Classic? They look nifty either way.

#17 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

And even though Mr. Z has a nicely detailed shot there, it is missing a subscreen,

It's all about the subscreens, eh?

I voted for Mr Z with Anthus following second. Franky, your shot was good but maybe a little too... icy blue? Moosh's demake makes it even more monochrome-like. D:

#18 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

As much as I love those Moosh demakes, I think a screenshot is what it is, and that graphics are an important part of it.

#19 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

I think you did a pretty good job with mine, which brings up a question: What if someone submits a classic shot? Will you remake it in Pure? :P

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :P

Also, Moosh, are those overhang/ tree tiles you used on the demake of Mr. Z's original, or were they added to Classic? They look nifty either way.

They were just something I bullshitted together at the last minute when I realized that 80% of the screen was overhangs. If you want the tiles I can send you them.

Moosh's demake makes it even more monochrome-like. D:

Am I my palette's keeper, Shane? Am I? :P

I tried to recreate the palette in Franky's shot initially but it didn't look great in Classic so I made my own, once again bullshitted together at the last minute.

As much as I love those Moosh demakes, I think a screenshot is what it is, and that graphics are an important part of it.

Honestly, I value how the graphics are used more than the graphics themselves.

#20 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Honestly, I value how the graphics are used more than the graphics themselves.

I see. They are two different: graphics and placement, and you value more the second (in fact, you're valuing ONLY the second, since you extract the graphics).

In my opinion, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, so what matters here is the overall feel, the mood, or whatever you want of a particular screenshot. The substraction of one of the parts changes the result, so the final perception doesn't remain intact (as it should be). You're valuing, then, one part of every screenshot, and not the screenshot as a whole. That means your appreciation is based only on technicality, and also that you're voting for a different piece of the original, since you've changed them.

Anyway, I still love your demakes xD they show an in-depth focus on your point of view.

#21 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I see. They are two different: graphics and placement, and you value more the second (in fact, you're valuing ONLY the second, since you extract the graphics).

In my opinion, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, so what matters here is the overall feel, the mood, or whatever you want of a particular screenshot. The substraction of one of the parts changes the result, so the final perception doesn't remain intact (as it should be). You're valuing, then, one part of every screenshot, and not the screenshot as a whole. That means your appreciation is based only on technicality, and also that you're voting for a different piece of the original, since you've changed them.

Anyway, I still love your demakes xD they show an in-depth focus on your point of view.

Actually, I do value the graphics themselves. I make the demakes so I can view the screens from multiple perspectives. When a screen uses fancy graphics, it's hard to look past the graphics. So when I say I value the graphics less than how they're used, I don't mean that my ratings ignore the graphics altogether. This week, my favorite classic demake and my favorite screen overall lined up, but last week my favorite demake was actually Dawnlight's screen which I didn't vote for.

#22 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Demake SotW once, shame on you. Demake SotW twice, I punch your face!

Lol, I got the Regular Show reference. 

All in all, I liked Anthus' the best, mainly because I like  LOVE the classic tile set. Now some of you are going, "WHAT!? HOW U LIKE DAT TILE SET! IT OLD N' CRAPPY!" Yes, it is old, and can sometimes be crappy when used wrong. That's right, I'm talking about you, DayDay. Really, I just personally think the tile set is the best mainly because it brings nostalgia and it can make great tiles without having to use about a bazillion colors in the C-Sets. Great works there Anthus.

• Anthus likes this

#23 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thanks, jetbox, that means a lot :)

#24 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

With 71.43% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 412 is Mr. Z!

MrZ.png

Congratulations!

• Anthus likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mr. Z, Anthus, Franky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users