Photo

Screenshot of the Week 454

Demonlink Avataro NewJourneysFire

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 454 (68 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hey, the transparent water is not bad, I think it looks really awesome! It would look even better if the water level were higher.

I was being sarcastic there :lol: And thanks man! The reason the water level couldn't be higher might be due to the ALTTP mountain water tiles, there is one particular tile that I can't seem to find how to make suitable water for it, and after a bit of research, that's how high water should be in ALTTP (I consulted my ALTTP Guide :lol: ) Yeah, I tried to make the water higher, but as said, there is one particular combo that screws the rest XD. 

About the pits in my screenshot, it's just that I don't like the MC pit tiles at all. :(

WHY U NO LIKE MC PITS??? Either way, at the end it's up to the Quest Designer, if that's your choice, then there is no problem at all :D

#17 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Really NJF? Really? I get it is a joke image, but I feel it is wasting space on SOTW. :(

#18 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Really NJF? Really? I get it is a joke image, but I feel it is wasting space on SOTW. :(

Perhaps, could you recreate it? Could you draw an entire scenery entirely out of the letters "SOTW" alone? Did you even look at it long enough to even notice it is a scenery image?

• Demonlink likes this

#19 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

I don't think it's wasting space at all.  In fact, I'd personally be interested in seeing a quest built like this.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, The Satellite, Avaro and 3 others like this

#20 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

It got SotW going. That's something at least.

#21 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

I don't think it's wasting space at all.  In fact, I'd personally be interested in seeing a quest built like this.

I wouldn't. It'd be a pain in the eyes to play. It's fine for a joke shot, but I wouldn't touch a game with graphics like that.

#22 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

You do indeed know some things, Jon Snow. (I was tempted to find the opportunity to make a Jon Snow comment.)  I'd consider NJF's screen to be a partial joke shot.  Sure, I probably wouldn't play a quest with screens that look like that, as it would be too straining on the eyes after a few minutes at most.  I do think it required a serious enough effort to not be completely dismissed, thus I do find it a legitimate enough screenshot for SotW.  I'll add that it reminds me of pop art to some degree.  I can certainly understand why some people would react to it the way they did.  Thankfully we have remained civil about it so far.

So while I think it's worthy enough for SotW, I still don't think it's the best of the three screenshots.  Demonlink's is decent.  It's not really flawed, but it isn't the most interesting screen I have seen in SotW.  It works well for an everyday quest screen for sure, so I do see something like this being made of use in a quest.  My vote went to Avataro.  It's an excellently put together dungeon screen, and I love those graphics.  Those are some awesome stalagmites too.  The palette really gives it a great cavern feel.  Dark, but not too dark.

• Tree and Demonlink like this

#23 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

I like Demonlink's shot, but the bushes close to the edge of the screen bothers me. That's more of an issue with the mechanics of ZC compared to the visuals of one screenshot though.

Actually, I'd like to correct you. NJF's shot is not actually wasting any space at all, because it did not take the place of another screenshot. One could however argue that you are wasting space for not submitting a shot this week. Just saying. :P

• Demonlink likes this

#24 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

NJF actually incorporated a lot of detail in his shot; it's just that the presentation was unconventional. Either way, I'd rather have a shot like that than one like this in the competition. :shrug:
  • Demonlink likes this

#25 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Wasting space by not submitting? If you hadn't noticed, I moved on due to real life. I barely have time to complete the last few remaining projects I do have left! Let alone spend time each week doing a screenshot in ZC. Eitherway, I like looking at what other people have done.

#26 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

I moved on due to real life.

Damn... Real life! You found the Holy Grail.

#27 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Wasting space by not submitting? If you hadn't noticed, I moved on due to real life. I barely have time to complete the last few remaining projects I do have left! Let alone spend time each week doing a screenshot in ZC. Eitherway, I like looking at what other people have done.

I don't think you got my point. There's not a finite number of spots for SotW, at least not a number that really matters on a week to week basis. It could be said though that every one of us 'has' a spot reserved, that we could choose to fill in with a shot, if we so choose. By not submitting a shot, both you and I are 'wasting' our spot. I thought my joke would be obvious. :P

#28 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

It's okay to not like a screenshot, I mean, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  But calling it a waste of space just because you don't like it is honestly uncalled for- how do you expect anything good to result from that?  What does anyone (including you) gain from that?  Do people have to adhere to anyone's standards when they submit to SotW?  No, they absolutely don't, so there's no need for this to go on any further.

I voted for Demonlink.  I really like the palette, and it's overall a nicely laid out screen.

• Dawnlight, Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, The Satellite and 1 other like this

#29 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

Eitherway, I like looking at what other people have done.

The Screenshots section on the site or the Official Quest Screenshot Critique thread may be better places to do this if that's what you are looking at Screenshot of the Week to accomplish. While one of the reasons Screenshot of the Week was started was indeed to showcase things currently in development and it's still a good way to see some of that stuff, that isn't the only reason it's here and people are free to deviate from that so long as it follows PureZC's rules. In fact, you may even be surprised because there are people making quests that don't enter screenshots into Screenshot of the Week.

Just throwing that out there as a possibility. ;)

• David likes this

#30 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

I should probably clarify what I meant.  I said I'd be interested in seeing this kind of quest.  I agree that after a few minutes it would become somewhat annoying, but while it lasted it would be pretty funny, much like The Darknut Within.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonlink, Avataro, NewJourneysFire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users