• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

...is here!

After many, many delays, I've finally managed to complete the demo for my quest, A Lost Tale of Adventures. Now, a few things to note before starting...
  • Firstoff, it only covers a small portion of the overworld, and all of Level 1. It will pretty much end abruptly after that
  • It is very short (really shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.)
  • It is beatable. That doesn't mean that it is without glitches. If you find any, it would be nice to tell me (although I won't release an update if no game-breakers are found.)
  • There is no boss. I didn't want to make it yet, seeing as I have no idea what it would be yet. (And I'm lazy.)
  • Many things enabled in the demo will not be the same in the final release. Most notably, sword beams are in for the demo, but won't be later on. Not really sure why I did that...
Well, without further ado, DOWNLOAD IT HERE.

IF YOU HAVE A MAC, USE 2.5 BETA 1101. IF YOU HAVE A PC, USE YOUR OWN DISCRETION. THE DEMO WAS MADE ON A MAC, SO ANY CRITICAL BUGS FOUND MAY HAVE TO DO WITH THE BETA YOU'RE USING. TAKE CARE WHEN REPORTING BUGS NOT ON BETA 1101.

Edited by Sir Evan, 29 July 2010 - 09:56 PM.

#2 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The Giraffe

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

I played it and I liked it, the cave system was cool. Only thing I didn't like was the awkward screens with the black around them. The black is good, but those screens need more room for walkies.

#3 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

Someone... actually... played... this? icon_freak.gif

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Although I'm not sure what you mean about the screens with black around them. Do you mean in the overworld, the caves, or in the dungeon?

#4 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The Giraffe

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

The overworld. With the...I don't really know how to describe them. But the screens with only a bit of walkability need a little more.

#5 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

Yeaaah, those screens were just there to mark the boundaries for the demo. I just thought they looked better than just placing rocks or something. In the actual version, they are normal screens (particularly, forest screens. An area I didn't want to show off.)

#6 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The Giraffe

• Members

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

Oh okay, that makes sense now. icon_razz.gif

#7 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:44 AM

Just played it. It's pretty enjoyable! I liked it. It isn't the greatest quest I've ever played, but the greatest Classic one for sure. It's quite hard at times (the Aquamentus with the quicksand was rather hard, but fun, too), but it's beatable.
I'm stuck at the little grey pillar looking out of that pool after you take the stairs in front of the boss door. I'd bomb it with my bombs, but due to using a higher build than recommended (using 1313), I can't equip them.
I will definately play any further demos / the final version of the game. Great music in L1 btw!
I would've liked to get at least some sort of intro or some direction, but well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users