Weird Bug

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:49 PM

Ok for some reason midis wont play but all of the sounds still work. I have two zelda classic launchers, one is 210 the other is the lastest build. For some reason it wont work on either one. I also tried to play midis in zquest and i wasnt able to play them there either. If someone can help me solve this problem that would be great.

Edit: I just redownloaded 210 and it still doesnt play midis.

Edited by randy, 19 June 2007 - 11:52 PM.

#2 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:00 AM

Try control panel, and check your sound thing. That's what worked for me.

#3 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

I still have sound and midis play in my media player, the problem is that for some reason midis wont play for any of my zc programs even though sound effects still do. My volume is turned up for midis too but i still dont get any.

#4 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

Make sure that absolutely nothing else is playing a MIDI. If you are playing a MIDI in some other program, and pause it, MIDIs won't play anywhere else.

#5 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

I dont have midis playing anywhere else, but i do have a question is it possible that a quest could mess it up? I recently downloaded and played The Legend of Zelda: Origins quest and it had some music bugs in it but is it possible that it could completly mess up zc even after i redownloaded 210?

#6 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

2.10 is notorious for MIDI errors. It's proabably not anything wrong with the quest, or anything that you did incorrectly, it's just that 2.10 has several bugs in that department.

#7 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

Try downloading the new, updated version of 2.10. I'm pretty sure it fixes the midi bugs. I don't have a link, but I'm sure you can find it via a search function. icon_wink.gif

#8 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:06 PM

NO! Open Windows Media Player, Play a Midi, but DO NOT PAUSE OR STOP IT! Instead, just push ''cross'' up in the corner to close WMP. THEN open ZC and check if the sound works. This usually helps for me. The reason is that (I think) ZC is using your deafult midi playing program to play the songs. Just like ''Anvil Studio''(A midi making program).
Hope it helps.

#9 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

Hmm didnt work.

2.10 is notorious for MIDI errors. It's proabably not anything wrong with the quest, or anything that you did incorrectly, it's just that 2.10 has several bugs in that department.

Perhapes but why would it affect my other zelda clasic player which is one of the latest builds.

Try downloading the new, updated version of 2.10. I'm pretty sure it fixes the midi bugs. I don't have a link, but I'm sure you can find it via a search function.

I tried it and that didnt help either. This problem is very odd icon_freak.gif

#10 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:53 PM

Hey! Listen!

Open your Volume control and turn up the SW Synth. icon_wink.gif

#11 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

Migokalle your idea worked sort of...I just decided to do your trick but with real player (dont know why zc uses it when my default for midis is wm) and it worked. Thanks for everone helping me fix this bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users