Photo

Can't get music going..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zalomar

zalomar

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

I've had 2.10.2 for a while now, and never had problems or anything, but starting today I can't get music in any quests. even under the quest creator and the little lost midi trick isn't working.. I tried deleting and redownloading everything, and so far no avail.. I haven't changed anything with my system recently either.. anyone know why this would happe? or know how to fix it?
edit: I tried the reset MIDI also, forgot to mention that. icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by zalomar, 10 May 2007 - 04:56 PM.

#2 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

Have you checked in the Control Panel Sounds Menu? That was what worked for me..

That or the speaker's not turned on. icon_razz.gif

#3 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

Or it could be your sound card is not supported! When installing zc make sure to select the proper sound card!
and yes be sure to check out your sound setup in control panel too as taco_chopper said.

#4 zalomar

zalomar

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:05 PM

Yeah, I checked both of those too... this is bizarre, never had any problems until just now. icon_frown.gif

#5 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:31 PM

well All I can say is update to something a bit newer, just not 278 thats riddled with bugs.
b254 is pretty good I haven't found to many bugs if any of them are bugs, and you can do what ever with the midi's
2.11b16c is a good one also.

#6 zalomar

zalomar

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:49 PM

Oh, I figured the betas were out only really for like... testing and the like. I feel stupid icon_razz.gif But i'll try them out, hopefully that'll fix what's going on.

#7 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(zalomar @ May 11 2007, 05:49 PM) View Post

Oh, I figured the betas were out only really for like... testing and the like. I feel stupid icon_razz.gif But i'll try them out, hopefully that'll fix what's going on.

No need to feel stupid! Because basically they are for testing. But they are past the b254 now, just don't use 278 it has too many bugs

#8 Sprite

Sprite

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:47 PM

The exact thing's happening to me. The music has worked fine, until recently, when it just stopped working. This is really strange. I even updated to 2.10.2, but it still doesn't work...

#9 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:38 PM

I know why! For some reason our SW Synth gets mysteriously turned down! I dunno why but it does. Everytime I turned it back up and closed it then opened it again the SW Synth is turned all the way down again. It really frustrated me. I dunnow why it happens it just does. If the MIDI's aren't working it's probably because the SW Synth got turned down.

#10 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:31 PM

SW Synth? Don't follow ya there... What does that mean, and where can i find it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users