ZC build 278 RELEASED!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:48 AM

All those people out there who were waiting(not many, I know) Build 278 is released. Enjoy. And for those of you complaining about too many bugs in the betas, MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR PART AND REPORT THEM! Otherwise, no bug gets fixed, and we still complain about buggyness!

Changes build 278

* FFC scripts that carry over should now also carry over their runtime parameters.
* I've recompiled the binaries with additional optimization flags to try to eliminate the sluggishness observed on some machines. ( DarkDragon, 2007-05-06 05:19:00 )

Build 277
* Fixed the text of the Longshot and other newer items in the subscreen. ( DarkDragon, 2007-05-06 00:43:59 )

* Item Class in item editor is now a drop down box containing item class names. ( DarkNation, 2007-04-27 15:31:47 )

* New equipment: Peril Rings (increase defense when HP is low), Whimsical Rings (to be completed with Enemy Editor changes), Stomp Boots (jump onto enemies to damage them - also to be completed with Enemy Editor changes) and the Stone of Agony (Link vibrates when standing on secret combo flags).
Furthermore, the Lens Hint symbols are now determined by searching through item data for the matching item.
Also, ring colour is now determined by a Ring's misc1. ( _L_, 2007-04-27 07:07:28 )

* Fixed a bug where Fire Gleeok neck tiles would be displayed wrong.
* Fixed a bug where Link would not be animated while waking and charging his sword. ( DarkNation, 2007-04-16 15:29:36 )

* Added the following flags to the Item Editor: 'Remove Item When Used', 'Upgrade Item When Collected Twice', 'Don't Keep Lower Level Items', 'Uses Rupees Instead Of Magic' and 'If Possible, Use Slash Tiles'.
* Item names can now be edited. ( _L_, 2007-04-11 06:55:37 )

* Added the following variables to the Item Editor: power, wpn, wpn2, wpn3, wpn4, pickup_hearts, misc1, misc2 and magic.
* Removed the Item Properties menu item.
* Removed 16 quest rules.
* Changed the implementation of nearly every item for compatability with the Item Editor. (Note, however, that the weapon power functionality '0 = stun', and boomerang damage related enhancements, won't be functional until I finish the Enemy Editor enhancements.)
There is, however, one bug to solve: when using Din's Fire twice, the second up-rocket won't have any sparkles. I suspect this is because certain wPhantoms aren't being properly disposed of. ( _L_, 2007-04-11 06:37:52 )

* Slightly fixed the 'Smart Screen Scrolling' rule.
* Enabled the Quake hammer's quake effect.
* New equipment: Heart Rings (regenerate hearts), Magic Rings (regenerate magic), and the Light Force (infinite magic). ( _L_, 2007-03-29 11:29:58 )

* Custom item Link Tile Modifiers have been implemented.
* Added \'Pickup Script\' and \'Edible\' boxes to item editor.
* Discontinued the \'Like Likes Eat Small Shield\' quest rule.
* Finished implementing selectable custom items. ( _L_, 2007-03-29 03:42:03 )

* Small shield is no longer 'displayed' in pre-2.11 quests' subscreens. Also half-implemented selectable custom items. ( _L_, 2007-03-27 10:47:50 )

* Added a quest rule, "Correct Bomb/Darknut Interaction" that causes Darknuts to react to the position of bombs in relation to themselves instead of the direction that Link was in when he placed the bomb. ( DarkNation, 2007-03-26 10:07:59 )

* Fixed bug where the max keys and max rupees text boxes were too short in the Init Data dialog.
* Fixed the bug where the Magic and Max Magic text boxes would change values higher than 255.
* Added the ability to custom number of heart container pieces required to complete a heart container.
* Added the ability to set sword beam power to higher than 100%.
* Fixed a misspelling of rupees (rupies) on the Init Data dialog. ( DarkNation, 2007-03-21 10:39:09 )

* Have done the final touches for ZCL which has now been versioned to 1.5 RC1. Expect a release soon on purezc. :-D ( Sean, 2007-03-18 18:46:15 )

* Fixed the default Fire Octorok so that it sprays fire correctly.
* Initial unification of Vire and Pols Voice code. New default Pols Voice enemies will work correctly. Older quests will need to cut the step variable of the pols voice enemies in half.
* Fixed the bug where traps would sometimes push enemies into solid blocks.
* Fixed the bug where Bombchus had a delay in their explosions.
* Fixed the bug where enemies were spawning at the wrong times.
* Fixed the bug (via a quest rule) where jumping enemies would be obscured by the subscreen if they went off the top of the playing field.
* Fixed the bug where grid values of 0 in the subscreen editor would freeze ZQuest.
* Fixed the bug where changing the title screen type and then immediately trying to exit (while the menu is still on) would reset ZC instead of exiting.
* Fixed the bug where enemies were not being saved correctly when saving as a 2.10 version quest file.
* Fixed the bug where strings would not be written correctly when saving as a 2.10 version quest file.
* Fixed the bug where eyeball combos were not looking at the mouse in ZQuest.
* Added a flip screen/map feature to ZQuest. Shift-H key will flip the screen horizontally. Ctrl-H will flip the map horizontally. Ctrl-Shift-H will flip both. The V key works the same but vertically. There may still be some glitches. When flipping a screen, remember that only the combo positions are flipped, not the combo tiles, so the screen will probably look strange until you either flip all of the combos that the screen uses (and cause other, unflipped screens to look wrong) or until you replace the combos with flipped versions. This isn't so much a tool to flip things for you but to make the process of flipping something a lot faster. ( DarkNation, 2007-03-19 12:25:44 )

* Random direct warps should now work. ( DarkDragon, 2007-03-15 23:44:15 )

* Fixed the rendering code so that ghost enemies display correctly. ( DarkDragon, 2007-03-15 23:25:32 )

* Entering a screen with Zoras should no longer randomly crash ZC. ( DarkDragon, 2007-03-10 06:26:35 )

#2 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:46 AM

People are actually bug testing their asses off on this one! I saw like 5 reports within 3 minutes!

#3 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:00 AM

Yeah, and I've found and reported quite a few bugs, like the default MIDIs are broken.

#4 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:51 AM

a link to the armageddon games forum page please... can't find it

edit: *finally notices the top box*

Edited by Dorian, 07 May 2007 - 10:56 AM.

#5 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

Wow this so cool. I wil try this later. If I find any bugs I will tell you guys about them.

#6 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:51 AM

Can someone give us the link for 278 please?

#7 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:03 AM

SHOOP DA WhOOP TIMES TWO

#8 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:16 PM

Radical, it's about time.

Doesn't build means each time they compiled it into the program, even when not released to the public?

#9 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:09 PM

MoP your link doesnt work...

#10 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(Silly Cat 2 @ May 9 2007, 07:09 PM) View Post

If the link doesn't work, try going to AGN to download Build 278. It can be found in Beta Discussion.

#11 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(Silly Cat 2 @ May 9 2007, 08:09 PM) View Post

Works fine to me...

#12 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

:/

It has that stupid ass bug in item's pickup thing, the item class thing.
the f*cking box keeps changing each time you open up to edit the item.

#13 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

Ahh!!! It's about time they released a new build! I won't be using it though. Stuff's always being erased in quests when you're working with the builds (e.g. ALL THE MAP DATA ON LINK'S AWAKENING ZC icon_razz.gif). I really hope they get all the new bugs ironed out soon... We may have ZC 2.5 by the end of the year! icon_deformed.gif

#14 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE(Silly Cat 2 @ May 9 2007, 07:09 PM) View Post

They worked fine for me yesterday and yes... .now it seems that it doesn't work for me. Is Shardstorm down?

#15 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE(Master_of_Power @ May 10 2007, 06:23 AM) View Post

They worked fine for me yesterday and yes... .now it seems that it doesn't work for me. Is Shardstorm down?

Looks to me it is. For now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users