• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#76 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:24 AM

An Enemy Editor flag to disable the enemy's hitbox

In 2.54, you can move the Hit X/Y offsets off-screen.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#77 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

πŸ’›

• Members

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

If I accidentally hit "Retry" instead of "save" that's a goner right? Is there in fact any kind of autosaving?

#78 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

If I haven't said so before, a "No Link" flag for combos (unwalkable for Link, walkable for enemies)

#79 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

If I haven't said so before, a "No Link" flag for combos (unwalkable for Link, walkable for enemies)

It's not a universal solution, but enemies can walk through combos whose top halves are unwalkable, even though Link can't.

#80 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

In my case I'd be trying to keep Link from interacting with the properties of the combo in question, so that wouldn't apply if Link could stand on any part of it

#81 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:19 PM

An item editor flag for boomerang to do no damage on return trip, and a flag to not pick up items

#82 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:31 PM

If I accidentally hit "Retry" instead of "save" that's a goner right? Is there in fact any kind of autosaving?

No auto saving :(. Retry reloads your save from the last point you saved. It was useful in the NES game if, say, you grinded for a bunch of bombs, but then die at that part in Level X. You can hit retry so you wouldn't have to grind the bombs again, assuming you saved after grinding.

#83 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

πŸ’›

• Members

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:15 PM

Say, could you please post a list of what NOT to ask for @ZoriaRPG?

• ShadowTiger and LΓΌt like this

#84 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:03 AM

I think something that would be neat is an addition to the enemy spawn flags. Having an "Enemy (Random)" flag would be nice. That way you dont have to force the same enemy into the same spot all the time for a screen. 

• Jared likes this

#85 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

πŸ’›

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:46 AM

Hey, what if the Amulet 2 made Ganon visible? This would go well with a rewrite of that boss finally. Not to mention that since Ganon in ZC is random changing him wouldn't even break any old quests

#86 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

πŸ’›

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

Another idea I got is for gasping for air sprites during the cooldown when you can't dive after diving.

#87 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

Maze paths with more/less than 4 movements.

#88 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

πŸ’›

• Members

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

More ideas (sorry, can't find the spoiler button):

Ganon class

Size

HP

Weaknesses

Projectile

Visibility: Only when hit, only when room is lit (inspired by Parallel Worlds), or always

Vulnerable only when room is lit (inspired by Parallel Worlds) checkbox

Fighting style: Z1 or Z3 (for Z3, a combo for the falling blocks should be added that animates then changes to preferred combo)

Candle class has duration added (how long the room is lit)

Candle, wand, and hookshot have diagonal usage added (not something that I feel I'd use but since hookshot is being added...)

Lens of Truth class

Cost

Radius (for Lantern, set to infinite)

Reveals: turns on lights (inspired by Legend of Link's lantern), shows LOT combos, or both

Usage: hold button or toggle (press button to turn on then again to turn off, IDK if it should reset in screen transitions)

Drain style: once (when the button is pressed, it only drains magic once until you release or press it again) or constant (keeps draining when button held or lens is turned on)

Duration: When only-drain-once is used, this is how long you can use it until it turns itself off and you need to press the button again, using more magic

Aquamentus class: Freeform checkbox (when checked, the Aquamentus turns to face you, left and right only even in expanded animation because forward and back facing ones would be skinny or look weird if 2x2. Only makes sense with my boss placement quest rule idea)

Gleeok class: Left, Right,and Upward facing directions

8-way push blocks (only usable in 8-way movement, comes in normal and ice flavors)

Diagonal 4-way push blocks (with ice)

Here is how diagonal push blocks would work (e as empty, b as block, d as diagonal push block)

b e

d b

Link runs into it from lower left hand corner

b d

e b

Trust me, I HATE block puzzles, I'm just suggesting this as an extension of what's already in ZC (block puzzles and 8-way movement)

New Quest Rule: Bosses Spawn on Placement Combos (off for old quests, this means that Aquamentus, Gohma, and Gleeok do not spawn in only one area)

And most importantly...

Screen Secret is Perma-Solved

I found this in Glory Squad, and it's so great. This means that if you have to kill all enemies to push the blocks, or have to solve a block puzzle to open the door, or both, this means that if you solve the puzzle once, you don't have to re-solve it or kill all the enemies again every time you go through the dungeon. Blocks would be pushable, staircases would show, and the doors would be open.

#89 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

Burn > Next combo type. That way we can have multiple burn objects, but just one secret burn object.

• Jared likes this

#90 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:30 PM

You can kind of do that by making a burn trigger that's also Trigger > Self Only. Though I do like the sound of burn next.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zquest, Ideas, Concepts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users