Photo

Screenshot of the Week 363

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 363 (30 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

IPB Image
Space Adventure?

Dragonite
IPB Image
I was too lazy to make a new screenshot. icon_deformed.gif

Jared
IPB Image
Don't mind me...just playin' my harp.

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Avataro - It's pretty boring, but then again, space-age tech tends to be pretty repetitive. icon_deformed.gif The idea looks unique, but the shot itself is kind of... uninteresting. Good job of varying the stars, but I feel like you either need to use more or less, but nothing needs to be that accurate in a game. Maybe it just depends on one's location in space.

Dragonite - Very well-designed shot, no issues at all that I can see. It's very pretty. I just feel like I've seen too many a winter GB screen by this point.

Jared - I've seen way too many of these as well, but I voted here. Not really a fan of the grass color, but as ugly as the GB-style ALttP mountains are, they don't seem as bad in this shot. Maybe it's those two slanted ones that make it appealing to me. icon_heh.gif That little block with the staff on it looks nice, too. Although Link looks more like he's playing a wind instrument than a flute. And about to die. icon_razz.gif

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

A flute?! He's playing a harp!!! icon_razz.gif

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

I know, what I'm saying is, his posture and sprite look like it's a wind instrument. I took a closer look and can see the harp now, but it kind of blends into the background. icon_razz.gif

#5 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yes, that it does. :3 But it still looks awesome!!!

Critiques will come later. icon_smile.gif

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Avataro: Nice little space screen.

Dragonite: Ah, I know this one! The perfect GB screen. I see it occassionally. Makes me wonder if GB can used badly at all. Somehow don't strike me as new, but that doesn't substract from it's value, it's good to look at, probably good to play and has great ice tiles.

Jared: Wow... I'm REALLY not the one demanding all kind of curves everywhere (I am like, the only one who don't?) and I love the chunky and the other blocky mountain tiles in DoR, but I don't like the blocky versions of these kind of mountains at all. Without that, and with more ground detail, this screen would reach a "nice little MC <- DoR screen" at me. I also don't like the detailed SD3 grass tiles just as base ground, this just further increases the need for more real ground detail (flowers, etc.) with some regular base SD3 grass and the detailed one used just sparsely, I might wouldn't even have noticed the low amount of ground detail. Looking at it more, I really like the 2x2 bush formation there on the ledge.

...I voted for the pokémon.
("Drag drag? icon_eek.gif Nite nite! ^^")

#7 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Avataro: hmm okay... but it could look better, but it's okay for a space screen maybe? 3rd

Dragonite: (y) Looks really good i like the color mixture and the snow trees Voted for you. 1st

Jared: Looks good but i don't like the bushes and the enemies seem cluttered, i do like the grass though placement. 2nd

#8 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Honestly? What are wrong with the bushes?

And don't talk about the enemy placement. Because you can't control where enemies go. You'd think someone here for almost two years would realize that. But I guess not.

#9 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Apr 18 2012, 11:52 PM) View Post

And don't talk about the enemy placement. Because you can't control where enemies go. You'd think someone here for almost two years would realize that. But I guess not.

What ever happened to flags 37-46?

Also, dude, no need to be so harsh.

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(Gouanaco)
Jared: Looks good but i don't like the bushes and the enemies seem cluttered, i do like the grass though placement. 2nd

QUOTE(Dragonite)

What ever happened to flags 37-46?

He might of used them but don't forgot Link is in the middle of the screen, meaning the enemies might have moved locations.

And Gouanaco, don't forget they don't just stand there in-game.

Edited by Shane, 18 April 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Avataro- Seems pretty cool, very original! Not sure if it should be in SoTW, however. The rocks kind of stick out a bit, but at the same time they don't. So...great job. icon_smile.gif 8/10.

Dragonite- Wow, Yoshi...just wow. I can't really say much about it. It's just so perfect! icon_biggrin.gif 10/10.

Edited by Jared, 20 April 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#12 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for the comments about my shot. I agree, this might be unfitting for Sotw (as well as my entry for the next sotw), but I though it would be refreshing to have something that has not been seen so often, where you can't say something like: "Oh look, another DoR screen/ Pure Screen, etc."

Nice job, Dragonite. I always like to see well made GB overworld screens.

That screen looks great Jared! I like the squary mountains and the subscreen. Personally I think that these squary mountains look much better than the standard DoR mountains! It's hard to see the harp, by the way.

Edited by Avataro, 23 April 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

I like the idea, and the choice of graphics. It's certainly going where few men have gone before. I think there is more potential for a screen like this, as I feel it sells itself short on detail, but it is something to build from.

Dragonite - A-
A very nice winter shot you have there. Very good detail, both in quantity and quality. No criticisms from me.

Jared - A-
Very nice screen, as well as the subscreen portion. No complaints about this one either.

Hard choice between Dragonite and Jared this time. My vote went to Dragonite, as I feel it has a very slight (and I mean very slight) edge in the detail department.

#14 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Apr 18 2012, 08:52 PM) View Post
And don't talk about the enemy placement. Because you can't control where enemies go.

One thing you can do is put a single enemy sprite into the combo list, and place it via FFC.
It's not like anyone will know it's not a "gameplay" shot

Edited by Cukeman, 23 April 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#15 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

It was sure a good contest this week, I really like the screens, guys icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users