Photo

Fall 2017 Expo Interest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Fall 2017 Expo Interest (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you interested in seeing an Expo this year?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you submit something to the Expo? (Basically, do you have something to submit?)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Hey everyone!

It's almost the time of year for another Fall Expo! If anyone is unfamiliar, the Expo is an event showcasing the hard work people have been putting or have put into their ZC projects, be it a quest project, a new tileset, a script header, etc. If you are looking for an example of PureZC's Expos, please take a look at the Fall 2016 Expo.

As of right now, the staff is unsure of whether there is enough community interest this year to hold another Expo. Please vote in the above poll, and feel free to discuss anything pertaining to the Expo in your posts. If there is enough interest, the staff is happy to host one this year!

Thank you! :)

• Shane, Eddy and Lightwulf like this

#2 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

I don't have anything myself, but I'd love to see what other people have in the works. I mostly like seeing the screenshots and watching others stream the expo entries. I may see about trying some expos out myself, but no guarantees.

• David likes this

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

I am definitely interested in another expo! It's been quite a while since we've had one. I'm working on a project now, so hopefully I could enter as well. And thus, I picked the unsure option. Leaning towards yes, if everything goes right! (I hope!)

• Shane and David like this

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

I feel that the Expos are one of the few things that have kept the community alive. What I would suggest, is to have a longer period for this one. Some things are quite literally just around the corner that may induce new types of creativity, so an extended expo might help ensure that the userbase can utilise new toys.
  • Anthus, Jared, David and 2 others like this

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

I love the expo, but just to be fair, we don't need one every single year. Expo delays were never a thing that bothered me. It actually added to the hype when an expo is announced when least expected. If we start making expo timing too predictable, that hype will be lost for me. 

• David likes this

#6 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

What? You haven't started planning this yet? Inconceivable!

In all seriousness, I've been anticipating the advent of the Fall 2017 Expo with bated breath.

2 extensive projects which I had hoped to have complete in time for last year's Expo are now at a stage where I feel they're ready for this year's Expo.

While they are somewhat available for users to see and experiment with, I believe that having the Expo would give them a larger venue where more people might become interested in them.

So... please, please, please hold a 2017 Expo! (Pretty please with sugar on top?)

• Anthus, David and Zagut like this

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

Yes, I'd love to see one, no I don't think I'd submit to it. I have not touched ZC in close to two months. Expos are a lot of fun, and yeah, we haven't had one in a while.

• David and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#8 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

I'm totally down for an expo, especially if there's a lot of playable demos.  There's a slim chance I'll have something out in time for the expo, but I really doubt it.

• David and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#9 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:38 AM

The current Beta of Hyrule Fantasy is still in testing. I'm hoping to get all the bugs in it ironed out before we release a more official public demo of HF and the upcoming expo would be a good time for a public demo actually, I just don't know if my team and I will be ready in time.

• David, Dark Ice Dragon and Zagut like this

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:31 AM

I'd definitely love to see another expo this year. I'm unsure if I have anything to submit though, but I'll see what I can come up with. Maybe I could get a different quest project of mine to share...

...or I could just go with AR3 for a second time :P

• Shane and David like this

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Maybe we could even skip the Fall Expo and do the Winter 2018 Expo around January? So everyone has more time to prepare?

• Anthus, David and Zagut like this

#12 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

Maybe we could even skip the Fall Expo and do the Winter 2018 Expo around January? So everyone has more time to prepare?

Yeah, that would give everyone more time to get their entries ready, so we would have more entries than we would during the fall.

• David likes this

#13 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

The draft plan was most likely to open submissions around mid-late November. Would people prefer having the Expo even later than that?

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

The draft plan was most likely to open submissions around mid-late November. Would people prefer having the Expo even later than that?

I wouldn't really mind either way. I imagine having the Expo later would allow more people to get stuff ready, so it could be a good idea if everyone else wants it that way.
  • Shane, David and Zagut like this

#15 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

And here I am thinking earlier would be better. Say, opening submissions soon through late October, then open the Expo in early November? I look at this more like people showing off what they're making, not spending a lot of time to prepare specifically for the Expo.

• Anthus, Jared, David and 2 others like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users