Photo

Will someone please..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:27 AM

Explain to me what in the **** happend that made the boards kinda turn on each other? It seems like we're going head to head with ZCU because of Ben... Or something.

Why is Ben banned? When did he turn into a guy that flames?

Fill in the blanks for uncle Teilyr, please. He's missed alot.

#2 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(Teilyr @ Jan 27 2005, 05:27 AM)
Explain to me what in the **** happend that made the boards kinda turn on each other?  It seems like we're going head to head with ZCU because of Ben... Or something.

What the.... ZCU?...

Do you mean ZCN? There hasn't been anything going on at ZC Underground.

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:23 AM

icon_heh.gif Yeah, it's the truth. icon_biggrin.gif icon_lol.gif ... icon_rolleyes.gif

Apparently, Ben has managed to find cracks in various things by both looking at them, for them, and enlarging the ones he found, into some actual "potential" cracks in the Pure foundation. Many others don't see said cracks. Ben believes that the chat operators are crooked, twisted, and corrupted. He believes he is neglected, ignored, and various other bewildering adjectives. He begun to flame-battle with various individuals, including a large amount of staff members. He even begun flaming in Derisory Substance, (DS, or DeriSub) and causing chaos where there was already too much chaos of the wrong type to be found there.

The flame topics were just too much.

They were locked, and ben was warned quite a few times for flaming. He claimed he would never return, being absolutely, totally sick of Pure and its corrupted ways.

A few days later, he returned. icon_biggrin.gif

... Only to flame again, with the shutting down of DeriSub due to some flaming by OTHER members, two of whom were given a brief one-day ban fairly recently to calm things down a bit, and to hope to restructure themselves and show them that the rules ACTUALLY have to be followed. (Spamming for post count, off-topic posts, and flaming, specifically.) DS's closure was "blamed" on Ben, and he thought that he was the reason DS was closed, and he threw one heck of (another) hissy fit sort of thing, and left for good, with some rather brash remarks in his signature, which were edited out for obvious reasons. You can now find him posting at ZCN.

Of course, we can only wish him success at his new, permanent location, and can only hope that he doesnt get disgusted with ZCN as well, finding some little crack upon which to expand to the point of disgust. There are still those who will wish him happiness in life regardless of past actions. I encourage as many people as possible to take on this attitude to "forgive and forget," as it were, regardless of Ben's attitude problems. He's still on AIM, and if you were smart, people would speak to him nicely, rather than reminding him of past incidences. It really couldn't hurt.

#4 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:58 AM

Makes me wonder what happened with Ben? It almost seems like he went psycho overnight. On a side topic, it's great to hear from you again, Teilyr.

#5 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:12 PM

Ben is usually depressed, so he gets sudden explosions of anger due to hormones. I used to be the same way.

Ben will get over it in time. icon_shrug.gif

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:01 PM

Bah. Stop blaming stuff on hormones. Not that they don't have anything to do with it... just that they're not always a suitable excuse.

Basically, it went like this:

* Ben bawls out forum because of people in chat.
* Forum members tell him chat has nothing to do with the forum and tell him to give up chat.
* Ben admits this and lets it drop for the moment.
* Ben gets angry again, posts "chat sucks" topic and leaves.
* Apologizes; comes back.
* Gets MORE angry; posts "this whole forum sucks" topic; leaves.
* DS is closed for 3 days, so this time gets angry again immediately; posts final "you ALL suck" topic and leaves.
* Staff says "enough" and sets a ban.

Note: I don't dislike Ben. I just dislike his current behavior.

#7 Guest_TheZeroOne (Guest)

Guest_TheZeroOne (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:41 PM

NOTE: I am Ben, so just pretend this post was made by Ben. Thanks.

QUOTE(Radien @ Jan 27 2005, 03:01 PM)
Bah. Stop blaming stuff on hormones. Not that they don't have anything to do with it... just that they're not always a suitable excuse.

Basically, it went like this:

* Ben bawls out forum because of people in chat.
* Forum members tell him chat has nothing to do with the forum and tell him to give up chat.
* Ben admits this and lets it drop for the moment.
* Ben gets angry again, posts "chat sucks" topic and leaves.
* Gets MORE angry; posts "this whole forum sucks" topic; leaves.
* DS is closed for 3 days, so this time gets angry again immediately; posts final "you ALL suck" topic and leaves.
* Staff says "enough" and sets a ban.

Note: I don't dislike Ben. I just dislike his current behavior.

If you're wondering why I thought that Radien should not have been a mod, this is why. His negative additude towards everything in general and the way he phrases his stuff is very unappealing in his posts. Also, I only posted one topic, Radien. You're overreacting more than a wee bit.

Anyway, yes, I know I have a second account, but I feel I must explain why I left...

First of all, yes, I did get sick of chat... and yes, I did post a topic about it... and yes, I did relate it to PureZC as a whole. However, I do not think the chatroom should even be linked with the site anymore. Also, I'm rather angry at the way people treated Zemious... as well as a few other members. Granted, I have done this once or twice... but I don't recall doing any serious flaming in DS. I just read the topic that Zemious posted, and my god... IaN, Zemious, and Sean could all have handled it better. Just a quick "ok bye zemious ill miss you" is enough to suffice. Do we really need to have arguments just because certain forum members cannot keep their mouths shut about how they feel? Yes, I fall into this category as well sometimes, but I don't recall doing anything besides the cause of anger. I'll admit, I've learned a lot about the way I act and how it affects others a lot... and I really have learned not to take anything so seriously, and just to ignore anger.

However, one of the ways I can deal with this is by avoiding PureZC's chatroom, because it sickens me... people (won't name names) treat each other like crap because they think they're God, or something like that. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of seeing bickering and all the "I don't care"s being thrown around. Tell me something: if you don't care, why the **** are you saying anything? That's why I avoided chat. Now as for why I've left PureZC's forums... it's mainly because Wild Bill chose to ban me because he was angry at me. The flaming can be cited as a reason, but I do believe his anger contributed to the ban a lot.

Basically, I've learned that anger is nothing. It's just an emotion that you have to deal with. Just... go flame an IM bot like ZolaonAOL or something. I had to learn to deal with anger without taking it out on other people the hard way -- several times, might I add. Now... if you guys could learn how to do it the easy way, then there would be much less problems on the forums. Also, if you have ANY doubts that you shouldn't post something due to the negativity, then don't post it!!!! Don't give me any "I don't care" crap either. You do care, otherwise you wouldn't even bother to be reading this post. There are several people who fall into this category. I won't name names; you know who you are. icon_glare.gif

Those are just my words of advice... and a quick story of how I had to learn all of this. I'll probably get banned for this post (multiple accounts rule), but I felt this NEEDED to be said... for PureZC's benefit. If no one cares to listen to me, then oh well -- PureZC can fall into a state similar to AGN's or something.

Oh, I must add: Avoiding discussion of people who have left is best. It's best to just shut up and move on and say a "bye ill miss you" if you care. Otherwise, you're going to end up hurting feelings. You should also learn to take people like Nick seriously, because they're the authority. icon_sigh.gif

Edited by TheZeroOne, 27 January 2005 - 06:42 PM.

#8 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:55 PM

Please.

Admins, mods, do NOT close this topic. There are serious issues that need to be addressed, and not simply waived off as nothing. From what I see, the staff isn't even listening to what Ben says. I feel that we should at least take this into account and discuss it. Becuase I'm not at my own computer (router probem) I can't type well and I'll have to save any points I have for later.

#9 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(TheZeroOne @ Jan 27 2005, 05:41 PM)
Now as for why I've left PureZC's forums... it's mainly because Wild Bill chose to ban me because he was angry at me.  The flaming can be cited as a reason, but I do believe his anger contributed to the ban a lot.

As I have told Ben at least once, the effective final reason for his ban is the continued disturbance of the community. He won't stop losing his temper, and normally it's for no reason at all. Several members and staff voiced that they were getting sick of it, and I'm sure everybody else was too; I know I was. We let this go on time and time again without banning Ben, for we feared that to ban him would only make things worse. Of course, we eventually gave him a ban, and he prompty apologized for his attitude and promised to cut it out.

Did he keep his promise? No. I'm sorry if it seems unfair that we stray from our banning schedule, but I cannot see him as learning his lesson for a long time. As the ban says, it is for an indefinite period of time. Perhaps he will be unbanned sometime, but it won't be in the near future.

And let's not forget: Ben stated that he was done with PureZC, too.

#10 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(TheZeroOne @ Jan 27 2005, 08:11 PM)
I just read the topic that Zemious posted, and my god... IaN, Zemious, and Sean could all have handled it better.  Just a quick "ok bye zemious ill miss you" is enough to suffice.  Do we really need to have arguments just because certain forum members cannot keep their mouths shut about how they feel?  Yes, I fall into this category as well sometimes, but I don't recall doing anything besides the cause of anger.

Ben, you know me, well, you know I'm a pretty nice guy. I don't get angry easily. Sure, I can be an ass, but only if there's a reason, or if I'm in a bad mood. (And honestly, I doubt most of you've seen me in a bad mood. If anything, it's just my lack of smilies sometimes on the fourms)

I can't exaplin why I'm an ass to ZCA. He just annoys me to no end. Honestly, I've written 3 different posts by now. All of them would put me through a greater extent of being a dick as I already have. I won't exaplain why he annoys, and why I'm glad he's leaving. There's people in chat who've said their true feelings months back when he was still active. I could've hanled the situation better, sure, but honestly, you would have done the exact same thing. And besides, it's not like there's much initiative to not do it either.

I guess it brings me to my next point. PZC used to be cool how it wasn't strict, you know, let peopel off here and there, not banning many people. But I mean, you people need to put your foot down. A bit of the reason this stuff is still going on is that nobody cares after. Oh my, not a warning. It's not like the disciplinary system is upheld anymore. Which is compeltely backwards, becasue this is the time we need it most. If someone breaks the rules, a friendly reminder is nice. But in the past month, I've seen people breaking te rules almost every day. Take after Nick, and draw the line in the sand. That's the only way your'e gonna get people to stop being unruley.

Anyways, I'll end off the night with at this. I really want to explain myself, but it'll only provoke people more. Everyone has a bad side, mine's being an ass sometimes, but in the 2 and a half years I've been here, I doubt many people have seen mine. Most people here know me as a nice guy, I hope I haven't changed their opinions. But...I can't finish this sentence. It's a wierd time for a community. This is when you'll all see everyone's true colors.

#11 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(Stungun @ Jan 27 2005, 06:55 PM)
Please.

Admins, mods, do NOT close this topic. There are serious issues that need to be addressed, and not simply waived off as nothing. From what I see, the staff isn't even listening to what Ben says. I feel that we should at least take this into account and discuss it. Becuase I'm not at my own computer (router probem) I can't type well and I'll have to save any points I have for later.

They are serious issues, and they do need to be addressed. However, we've already had some rather lengthy discussions over these issues, and the general conclusion is Ben isn't going to be unbanned any time soon. That was before he decided to break the multiple account rule. After that, I probably won't be satisfied with any ban less than a month. We have that rule for a reason.

But if you have a concern about the issue, go on and tell us, be it by PM or in this topic (if somehow it's not already locked... these topics tend to end up that way somehow). I promise to take what you have seriously and try to respond to it or bring it to the staff forum if I think it's valid. I don't believe that the opinions of non-staff members are worthless, especially if they're active and have shown themselves to be mature.

IaN mentioned that at one point you just have to put the foot down and enforce things when things get too wild. That's exactly right. It's my personal belief that people are responding to things in this way because we haven't been strict... haven't had the NEED to be for quite awhile, so you've gotten used to all the leniency. As a result, things started to become chaotic. So now we're a little tighter to keep things running smooth around here. Since, as I said, people are used to the leniency... well, you probably get the idea now.

#12 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:36 PM

I notice that if I yell at you about saying this that it would not help...
IaN am sorry I annoy you so...

I am leaving forever and I dont want to leave with enemys, please forgive me IaN, gashin..and...sean..

#13 Guest_Omega-Rev (Guest)

Guest_Omega-Rev (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:54 PM

It's me, Ben, again.

Okay.... instead of trying to listen to me, you ban me again. Proves that the staff cares more about upholding pointless rules instead of listening to their members.

I give up; at this point, the only way I'll be happy is if these forums completely cease to exist As in, is completely deleted. I hope someone hacks this, because these forums AREN'T going to get any better anytime soon.

By the way, since DS was partially my doing, I wish to have it deleted. If you don't want to, oh well, but I'd rather see it gone. It not existing would really fit in with the rest of these forums: Bland, critical, and uptight about everything.

Bye.

Edited by Omega-Rev, 27 January 2005 - 08:55 PM.

#14 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:08 PM

Ben... I tried but you wont stop, this was like your second chance man and it looks as if you blew it... icon_cry.gif

I tried, I did not know why you got banned at first, infact I just found out today you were banned...

I am not here to often.

Oh well, I guess it was all down hill for you from the start.

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:21 PM

Ben, I think your actions are far too immature to justify my having to spend 10-15 minutes reading another tirade. Not to mention, it's pretty bold of you to talk about negativity in the light of the past few days. At least I think this is actually a pretty darn good forum.

Take it up with the other staff, because I don't want any part of this. I've been free from the everyday melodrama of high school life for eight years now, and I don't fancy being dragged back any more than I already have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users