A new rule?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

but Happyman's new ultra-strict rule is going to butcher everyone's. Before it's too late, I'm going to make a suggestion: remove any personal beliefs from your signature now. Otherwise they will do it for you.

Is this really true?

Sorry if this is SPAM, I just wanted to know for sure... icon_neutral.gif

#2 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:01 PM

If thats the case then, I'm done with this site. Its not right to take away someones belifs like that. I mean we should have the right to show our belifs!

#3 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:24 PM

I mentioned this in my sig, but I was taught that people are entitled to their own opinions, and they are entitled to be wrong.

I will listen to the arguments and beliefs of other people, but I will never deny them the right to state their beliefs.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

You guys are right. They shouldn't totaly take away our freedom of speech.

I am an Athiest. I accept others beliefes for what they are. It is thier choice to believe that. I may not entirely agree with them, but I will not bash you for your beliefes. We are all entitled to our opinions, becuase of this free country we live in. I have chosen my path, and you have chosen yours. We should not try to change each other, and we should not let ours be changed, unless we have weak principles, or have truely been pursuaded. This is all I will say on this matter. I have nothing personal against any of you.
You can choose to like me or not.

I will accept you for who you are, not what god you worship. That doesn't make you any less of a person.

RULE IDEA: Hey whoever, instead of totaly taking away our free religion, why not make it againat the rules instead, to not bash other members.

#5 OMEG

OMEG

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

I thought this site's orientation was Zelda Classic, not religion... I dunno.

*shrugs*

#6 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

Nothing has been decided. Many aspects of this are being discussed currently, so don't jump to any conclusions. If/when a new rule is made the public will be informed. Please do not speculate about something that we, the staff, don't even know for fact yet.

#7 Dr. Mutagen

Dr. Mutagen

Even in the future, nothing works!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:45 PM

*sigh* Why is it when a common sense rule (such as the no-trolling rule) is enforced on these boards, almost everyone has to ***** about it? Sure, everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but if it gets to a point where flamewars erupt due to conflicting beliefs, action must be taken in order to prevent the boards from falling into total chaos.

Besides, I don't think that it has officially been made into a rule yet.

EDIT: I know I probably shouldn't get involved in this, but I just had to get that off my chest. icon_confused.gif

Edited by Dr. Mutagen, 13 April 2005 - 09:47 PM.

#8 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(Hapkido Master @ Apr 13 2005, 07:24 PM)
I mentioned this in my sig, but I was taught that people are entitled to their own opinions, and they are entitled to be wrong.

I will listen to the arguments and beliefs of other people, but I will never deny them the right to state their beliefs.

HM, it's how some people choose to show their beliefs that is under debate, not weather or not to remove all religion from people signatures altogether. I don't think that will ever happen

at least, I hope not. PureZC would become a desolate wasteland infested with noobs if that happened

[edit in responce to HM's post below] that's kinda what I meant icon_aggravated.gif

#9 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

And not to mention several members would leave, myself included and foremost.

#10 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

As Praethus said, the idea was brought up. However, it has not been passed.

What was mentioned in this topic is about like me saying "There should be a new rule banning the word tomato from all posts." It's not automatically passed. It's nowhere near it, actually.

Just some food for thought.

#11 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:42 PM

Yes I think EVERYONE should be allowed to share their beliefs in their signatures...and that includes ones I don't agree with. However, they shouldn't be allowed to bash other beliefs. I get tired of seeing that link in (a certain satanist's) sig that says "Why Christians Suck" and I get tired of how he always mocks and makes fun of Christians because they believe in something that he doesn't. I don't agree with satanists or atheists one bit...but I would never put something in my sig that attacks them because of their beliefs and I would never mock their faith. I just tell them my beliefs and why I disagree with theirs...and that's that.

#12 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:40 AM

but if it gets to a point where flamewars erupt due to conflicting beliefs, action must be taken in order to prevent the boards from falling into total chaos.

The best way to do that is too get rid of the flamers and not punish every one els for the actions of a few.

#13 Teclis

Teclis

The Last Vampire

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:50 AM

That's rigth. I share Ccc idea.
You shouldn't take right that is even in the constitution
in every western country.
Punish the flamers icon_wink.gif

#14 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

Although they have already been said, and more than likely understood, I would like everybody to please focus on these two primary points. One, by Dr. Mutagen, and the next by Nick. These are the cornerstones of this entire discussion.

*sigh* Why is it when a common sense rule (such as the no-trolling rule) is enforced on these boards, almost everyone has to ***** about it? Sure, everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but if it gets to a point where flamewars erupt due to conflicting beliefs, action must be taken in order to prevent the boards from falling into total chaos.
As Praethus said, the idea was brought up. However, it has not been passed.

What was mentioned in this topic is about like me saying "There should be a new rule banning the word tomato from all posts." It's not automatically passed. It's nowhere near it, actually.

Just some food for thought.

Remember these two quotes for the future. If you understand what they're saying, then you have learned much about human nature.

Remember. Everybody has a religion. But if everyone has one, if there was one true religion, everybody would be operating under that system instead of under many different ones. If you believe in what you believe, that's great. But anyone who tries to divert you from your own religion when you're not bothering anyone else with yours, can be considered the war-like religious patron. Don't fall into that trap. Don't make yourself feel like a fool.

I suppose even saying that you're an atheist in order to assuage (Def.) someone else to this whole ordeal is spreading religious stuff. The thing is, we're all PEOPLE, regardless of our beliefs. You're capable of posting, you're capable of using ZC, and that's all anyone could ever ask from you. If you want to participate in a debate, AGN has a great religion forum. Go there if you really MUST take it up somewhere.

#15 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:38 PM

I understand how this would seem like taking away freedom of speech, but I don't think that's the intent of this. There have been flame wars started as a result of conflicting beliefs on this board, and I don't understand, and here's why.

What's the name of the site? PureZC. The ZC stands for ZELDA CLASSIC. That means, there is a good possiblity that religious wars won't be part of this deal. I don't think freedom to state ones religion should be removed, but I do feel that making your entire signature or entire point in a post to be targeting another religion because you think it sucks.

And before you think I'm singling anyone out, I don't hate any one religion, I dislike them all equally. But I am against preaching one's beliefs and forcing others to swallow them.

Oh, and now that I've started, I'm going to continue.

May people have been stating "PureZC isn't like it used to be..." or "PureZC is going down the crapper" or even such extreme comments as "PureZC sucks."

You know, I'm going to be dead honest, if you think the place sucks and it's no longer fun to be here, then the door is wide open and there is no bouncer. Becauase if you think by staying here and complaining about how PureZC is getting worse by the day is going to change anything, you aren't thinking properly. How about instead of forming these opinions, YOU MAKE SUGGESTIONS TO THE STAFF ABOUT HOW TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS! If Ben, for example, would have simply talked to ANY of the staff members about his problems, he would probably still be posting here today.

The reason I think PureZC suffers, is that people get tired of posting here and then try to stir up trouble, or decide to engage others in forum wars. There have been several examples in the last four months alone. Maybe if everyone would stop complaining about the situation and take a little bit of action, then something could be done to rectify all of this. But then again, what do I know? I've only been observing and forming my own opinions on situations like this my whole life.

And you can take this how you want, but if you really think that religion needs to be spread EVERYWHERE you go, you need to re-evaluate your situation. I understand the want to speak of your religion with others, but you have to draw the line somewhere and realize that it's going to cause conflicts, and I honestly believe that some of the people here who have firmly stated their beliefs and peppered them into everything they do, have done it simply to create controversy. I remember a year ago when no one made a big deal out of their religious beliefs, but apparently, some people wanted to rock the boat.

To me, this whole religion debate is getting out of hand, but my opinion is only one of the many. And you can do with it what you will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users