Golvellius la Quete du Second

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#31 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

DISREGARD - Does one get the ladder in level 4...or do you get it before coming into the level 4???? - DIDN'T SEE P. 2 OF COMMENTS.  THAT ANSWERS MY QUESTION.

Since I screwed-up this post, let me at least give it some credibility by saying thanks to the wonderboy.bobi for a grand and pleasant quest.  Great job!!

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 17 May 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#32 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Sholl0411: Are you using your own version of zelda classic(that can explain why you appear in the rocks)? If yes you must download it from my site to have the good files and mp3.

Can you hear musics in my game??

Does anyone knows how I can contact the responsible of quest submission please? I have trouble with youtube link.

If you want to contact staff regarding a submission, you can leave us a note in the staff dropbox. :)

#33 sholl0411

sholl0411

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Sholl0411: Are you using your own version of zelda classic(that can explain why you appear in the rocks)? If yes you must download it from my site to have the good files and mp3.

Can you hear musics in my game??

Does anyone knows how I can contact the responsible of quest submission please? I have trouble with youtube link.

I was using the quest file from your site, but the 2.5 RC4 version of ZC, so I was using the wrong ZC version.  I will load the game up with your site version and that should help.  Thank you!

#34 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Spoiler

Anyways, how do I get to the boss room at level 7? I feel stupid but I don't know where it is.

-------

BTW, I apologize for being so persistent, but I think you should change to full health recovery when restarting. For me, this is what makes the difference between four and five stars here. Seems excessive? Well, let me explain my point with an example:

I was doing level 6 when I died. I would have no problem with trying again and again, but then I started with three hearts. Since it was no grass or anything inside the dungeon or nearby, I had to try again with only three hearts, and that resulted on dying again, and again, and again. That was a pain in the ass for me, REALLY annoying. I continued until I finished the dungeon only because this quest is superb, but I had to do all the dungeon (except the boss, for which I had to come back with full health and a potion) with three hearts trying many times. The same thing happened at level 7, only that there you have a Randar hole more or less close to the dungeon.

It is incredible that the way you perceive a quest could change that much only because a single decision, but in this case it would make a very big difference in frustration factor in my opinion.

I know I may sound selfish and pretentious, but I'm strongly convinced of my point. Your quest would be much better only by changing this little detail, though I understand why you chose what you chose and I'm perfectly OK, because it is your quest and you do with it what you want.

Next time I post here I will have finished the game and you will see my conclusion.

#35 wonderboy.bobi

wonderboy.bobi

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

I wanted this quest to be challengeous so the trick of dying to get full life is a big problem to me, I want people to be afraid of dying and so being very careful and meticulous with the potions.

when player die I thing the best thing to do is to go to the overworld and recover to randars and buy potion so that the player won't play like a kamikaze when he will remember the 3 hearts of resurection:)

I would have liked to do 50% life with a minimum of 3 heart but couldn't find a way to do this.

I'm taking into consideration every opinion and may do an update

#36 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

I've finished level 8 but I don't know where to go next. Any help?

#37 andnay

andnay

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

where is level 6 please ?

#38 wonderboy.bobi

wonderboy.bobi

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

Legen Dary someone give you a clue in the mountain to find Golvellius' den.

Andnay level 6 is in the mountain you must go back to a cave where you needed the hammer to open the path.

#39 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

I don't know how I could forget that hint.

Well, I've finished your quest. 10 hours with everything but four heart pieces. I'll rate it soon in the database.

#40 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

I used the key in level 3 and went down the stairs...what do I do now I can't go any further.

#41 Sobreviviente

Sobreviviente

i like kirby

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

I dont think is a problem start with only 3 hearts, it seriously disgust me when we dont, which is always.

I also dont find the game to be so "impossible", is hard yes but i manage to conquer it with only 9 deaths, its just the kind of challenge i like.

finished btw, want to give you my opinion but looks like i cant make reviews yet.

Just to say i totally love it, big fan of Compile games and is nice to see that someone remember particullary this one.

But not only that, is exactly the kind of quest i was looking for the first time i played ZC, automatically making it the best quest i had ever played so far ( too bad, all the quests i played sucks :''( ). You know, classic ambience, difficulty, great map, jelly fish... simply cute.

Looks like those bubbles on gleeok are for give us momentanium invencibility, freaking cool, and i guess the stalfos are death links doesnt it? ;D

Totally love how tiny and complex are the levels, the enemies are pretty interesting (black randars :P) and those graves man, THE GRAVES!!!!

Just some things: why start on the overworld and not in the dungeons? is not challenging at all, just tedious, what is the need of that? i dont get it.

The last cave segment is kinda boring if you ask me, just a lot of worms everywere, i only want to kick golvys ass :/ hate when games do that, and the ending i feel it kinda flat but is ok.

Anywas, i look your other projects and WOW man, shadow of the beast, zillion, space harrier... its simply amazing what you want to do and after this quest you just win a fan :B definitely i going to follow you, thanks for the fun!!

Edited by SoVre, 18 May 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#42 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

I finished this MASTERPIECE

My review: 

http://www.purezc.ne...e=quests&id=380

My stats (16 deaths, 10:06, 100% file ¿?):

Spoiler

Edited by Air Luigi, 19 May 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#43 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

What was the item in level 3?

#44 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I used the key in level 3 and went down the stairs...what do I do now I can't go any further.

There is a second entrance

#45 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

What was the item in level 3?

Bracelet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users