#1 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:00 AM

The Legend of Zelda:
VOID OF MADNESS

Basic info:

This is a demo. It uses 2.5 beta 1318. DO NOT use 1313, one of the scripts will not work properly.

Anyhow, this is a 2.5 quest in the works that has some features that have been (so far) not seen anywhere else.

A quick list of special features (Not necessarily those that haven't been seen...):

-Bombchus and L-button straffing (thanks Joe!)
-Custom treasure system! Collect 8 different treasures, and sell them for different amounts! The treasure's value changes depending on location.
-Custom Bottles/medicine! Completely scripted by myself! icon_cool.gif Hold up to 4 bottles at once, with one of 8 different contents! (Only 2 bottles and 7 types of contents are implemented yet...)
-Scripted puzzles, including frictionless ice and the OoA color path puzzles!
-New SFX!!! (Well, some new SFX)
-Much, much more!

Brief story/backstory:

This is not the Hyrule of legend... It is a withering Hyrule... The kingdom fell into decline with it's last true king: Dephanes XIV. With no legal heirs (Zelda has to marry to take the throne by Hylan Law), a man appeared out of knowhere to take the throne. He claimed his name was Derik. He claimed he was Dephanes cousin... He took the throne, and weeks later, the Princess dissapeared...

Link, the hero, was imprisoned on charges of conspiracy against King Derik. He was sent to Exile Mountain, where he settled into the village there.

3 years pass...

Many disturbing events pass in that time. The Guerado Northland, a lush and green farmland, dries up overnight. The great Hylan Watchtower explodes, and no cause is ever found. Link watches as Death Mountain releases it's fury on the world. And then he gets the call...

Screenshots:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

EDIT-DEMO RC UPDATE THROUGH LEVEL 5 (with no boss):DEMO

Notes:

If you find any bugs, post them here!
Give me your feedback! I wanna hear it!

NOTE: THIS IS A LONG QUEST DEMO, AND WILL BE AN EVEN LONGER QUEST. IT IS ALREADY 6+ MB! IF YOU DON'T LIKE LONG QUESTS, I'D AVOID THIS.

I'm looking forward to what you have to say!

Edited by Purplemandown, 28 April 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#2 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:48 AM

mystery as to how to download...doesn't want to ....looks promising, though

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 20 November 2010 - 11:49 AM.

#3 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

Sorry about that... If anyone could download it, I'd have no problem letting them upload it to mediafire or something... My connection is too slow to use the mediafire uploader, and they don't have a basic uploader... If not, I'll try something a little later.

EDIT: I'll see if I can get it to work. Then I can post instructions on how to navigate through the pre-download junk that filefactory makes you go through...

Edited by Purplemandown, 20 November 2010 - 01:03 PM.

#4 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(Purplemandown @ Nov 20 2010, 11:59 AM) View Post

Sorry about that... If anyone could download it, I'd have no problem letting them upload it to mediafire or something... My connection is too slow to use the mediafire uploader, and they don't have a basic uploader... If not, I'll try something a little later.

EDIT: I'll see if I can get it to work. Then I can post instructions on how to navigate through the pre-download junk that filefactory makes you go through...

I've downloaded it. I could try to put it on my 4shared account.

Edited by Artistic, 20 November 2010 - 03:16 PM.

#5 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

Sure, go ahead. Then I'll put the link on the front post.

#6 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hi!
I went in the hut here:
IPB Image
and I came out here:
IPB Image

Was that intended? Maybe a shortcut? I hadn't went in the cave that is in the screen above the one in the first picture. I just F6 and restarted at the save spot in the screen above the one in the first picture.

QUOTE(Purplemandown @ Nov 20 2010, 12:19 PM) View Post

Sure, go ahead. Then I'll put the link on the front post.

I sent you a PM. I enjoyed your last demo of this. Will be playing again.

Edited by Artistic, 20 November 2010 - 08:37 PM.

#7 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

AHH!!! How did I not catch that!
You aren't supposed to be there yet!

Untill I can get a new version up, don't go in the Autumn forest hut!!!

(Also, if anyone reaches level 3 before the update, I realized the ladder broke. You'll have to cheat over the pits...)

#8 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

The hand caught me here in this room:
IPB Image
And it dropped me in the upper left corner in this room:
IPB Image
I cheated to get out of it and went on. icon_biggrin.gif

#9 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

Ok. I fixed the potion hut bug and the l3 ladder bug. I didn't catch the hand bug in time though, and since it's not all that serious, I'll wait to fix it. It's not that I don't care-it's that I have dial-up internet. New link at the top.

Oh, and Artistic: Thanks, but I got it right before I uploaded the new one. I wouldn't bother reuploading it again, because there is bound to be more bugs that I missed...

#10 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

@Purplemandown Did you want people to copy and paste the link in their browsers to download the new update? icon_smile.gif Look at your first post.

Just let me know if you want me to put it up on 4shared.

#11 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for catching that. I fixed it.

Edited by Purplemandown, 21 November 2010 - 01:18 PM.

#12 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

One part BUMP, one part progress report!

I've been working on the mini-dungeon before level 5. I've got some "teaser" shots. Say hello to the "Operator" Tower; a piece of the Void that Ganon brought to Hyrule, before one of his many "demises." It is said that it has immence power over the flow of time. It'll also prove to be a big plot twist, but for now, you can enjoy these:

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

#13 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

I got the sword and the candle and used the key to get into the fortress. I got the block to go down in front of the building but I'm missing a key to get into the cave. What do I need to do to find that key?

Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

Nevermind I found it.

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 22 November 2010 - 12:26 AM.

#14 PugBoy

PugBoy

• Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:29 AM

Looks like fun! but the only problem is that i don't have version 2.5 icon_sweat.gif

#15 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

@PugBoy: Verson 2.5 betas can be found at [url=shardstorm.com]Shardstorm.com[url]. They can be a bit... unstable, though. (Seeing as they are BETA, after all.)

@ms_zelda-lady: Heh heh... Good to see you found it. Out of curiosity, which key did you find first? I'm wondering if the "second" key is actually easier than the first key to find? (Although you can find them in either order... Both need the sword...)

EDIT: Thanks to Artistic (Who found a bug that I won't say, because then I know some people will exploit it), there is a new update. Not only is it a bug fix, but I finally replaced that rotten old PTUX Link!!! Download it and replace it again, lest you find and exploit the bug!

Edited by Purplemandown, 22 November 2010 - 07:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users