Help Whistle

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TheLink

TheLink

An octorok under a duck?!?!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:17 AM

Hi. I am making a custom quest with zquest v2.50 and have pretty much finished it. I made it so you have the choice of being sent to another dmap at the end, it is the same as the original overworld except, it includes no enemies, more items, a different midi and a whistle for you to warp where you want. But my whistle i have added won't work. I have tried giving Link all the triforce pieces, i have set a warp ring and made sure that the co-ordinates are in the proper places. I would like it if there is some way that i could fix this because it will really help with my quest. But if not i can just replace it with a different item (that hopefully works).

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:14 AM

Do you have Allow Whistle Whirlwinds checked in that dmap's flags?

#3 TheLink

TheLink

• Members

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

yes

#4 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:44 PM

Open the whistle item in the item editor.  On the Data tab, you should have a number of things set up.

• Make sure the Class is set to "Whistles".
  • "Equipment Item" should be checked.
  • Under "Warp Ring", the corresponding warp ring number should be listed.  (Apparently, you can have more than one whistle item and have each use a different warp ring. ... Sweet!)

There are a couple more options there, but these are the most important.

Edited by Lightwulf, 08 April 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#5 TheLink

TheLink

• Members

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:02 PM

It trurns out i had the wrong warp ring set, so i changed that and tested it, making sure i collected at least 1 triforce piece and then tried it and no whistle whirlwind came. i was in the correct dmap too.

#6 TheLink

TheLink

• Members

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:08 AM

how do i make the whirlwind come?

Edited by TheLink, 11 April 2016 - 10:08 AM.

#7 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

Typically, to my knowledge, the whirlwind only appears on "Overworld" type DMaps.

However, I'm not 100% on what other situations it can be appear in version 2.50.  Anyone else know of when else the whirlwind can appear???   :confused:

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:13 PM

I am pretty sure that whirlwinds only work on overworld type dmaps. Hm, but you said you have one triforce piece and it isn't working? Have you tested it with giving Link all 8, and was the map you are using it on an overworld type d-map?

#9 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:14 AM

You should have not checked any whistle flag in the screen data or place a No.3 flag. These three effects do not work together, got in troubles with them myself

#10 TheLink

TheLink

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:32 AM

Yes, i tried it in an overworld map with all 8 triforce pieces and i am about to try the screen data/flags aswell

i had none of the whistle flags checked or screen flag 3.

But i did notice there was a tile warp on the screen, would this affect it?

#11 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:09 AM

Hmm, tested it out, I have some problems with the combinition of whistle-> stairs, flag 3 and enemies -> secrets, but none of them seem to hinder the whirlwind (so far I not stand on flag 3), tested it in a Nes-Dungeon in Koten, Whirlwind came.

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

Is there a chance that there is no sprite set for the whirlwind, so it looks invisible? That's about all I can think of at this point.  :confused:

• Lightwulf likes this

#13 TheLink

TheLink

• Members

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:11 AM

maybe but even if that is so i am not taken anywhere, i dont really mind if you see it or not, I would just like you to be able to wrp to the warp ring points with the whistle.

#14 TheLink

TheLink

• Members

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:54 AM

does anyone know any other problems there might be because it still wont work

#15 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:15 AM

Try making a new quest (in the default classic tileset) and set everything up. If it again does not work you did set up something wrong, in that case you should load the quest-file (the new classic one) up and let someone help you. If it does work try to find the difference to your actual quest.

Does the whistle work (music and link freezes for a short time)? Does the whirlwind appear outside the dungeon? This kind of testing could help to find the source of the problem.

Also some tilesets have already scripts implented. I don't think that is the case here but a script influencing the whistle could hinder the whistle to work.

Also I highly doubt that "block all" combos or enemys affect whirlwinds but maybe the whirlwinds are blocked by some means.

Again, if you use not the default tileset maybe there is something set up wrong you don't think about. Like the items you get for triforce pieces are no actual triforce pieces. You know that you get one triforce piece only per dmap lvl 1-8, right?

Edited by Naru, 16 April 2016 - 02:29 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help, Whistle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users