Photo

Screenshot of the Week 532

Shane Joelmacool12 Logos Anarchy_Balsac Lightwulf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 532 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

Joelmacool12

Joelmacool12.png

It's Pitfall Labyrinth! Don't fall! :D

Logos

Logos.png

I'm submitting a screen I made for another user. Hopefully it's up to par!

Shane

Shane.png

There WERE spookies here, believe me. But since Halloween has passed, they kinda went away. Rip.

Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac.png

And you thought the Oderra Catacombs were bad................

Lightwulf

Lightwulf.png

What says "Halloween" better than graveyards with fireball-spitting pumpkins?  The owl and the bats are the only living witnesses to your demise!   :superevil:  Mwa hahahahahahaaa!

#2 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:56 PM

Heeeere we go!

Joelmacool12- Great screen! I love what you did with the floor tiles. Making them look cracked was a nice touch. I have one gripe though, which is that the center of the room feels a bit too open. This, however, is a very minor issue.

Logos- Screen is kill. Rate 3.14/10 too much spook. Thank.

Shane- Looks really unique! I love what you did with this shot. I think the flowers look a tad funky, but that's about it.

Anarchy_Balsac- You set a great mood with this shot. My only complaint is that I'm not able to tell what is hanging from the end of that chain. It looks a bit messy. Solid screen nonetheless.

Lightwulf- Great screen for halloween-spookiness! I just feel like the entrance to the room should be in a separate screen, and that the whole room should be solely the arena. Still a good screen nonetheless.

Very solid screens everyone!

Edited by Logos, 01 November 2015 - 08:58 PM.

• Anarchy_Balsac and Lightwulf like this

#3 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

Logos' is my favorite compositionally and i like its palette.  i'm not sure about the square mountain borders, but everything else is great

• Logos likes this

#4 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

The scariest part of Lightwulf's screen is that it looks like a JPEG.

• Sheik, Jared, Cukeman and 1 other like this

#5 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:33 AM

@Logos - Thanks! :shy:  Yeah, I see what you mean.

The scariest part of Lightwulf's screen is that it looks like a JPEG.

You know what?  It is! :) ... But not on purpose. :unsure:

The scary part is that, the night I was submitting this, MediaFire would not upload a PNG file!!!   :gonk:  I kept trying to upload it, but I'd just get a blank picture.  I tried different folders, different menus for uploading, ... nothing worked.  :aggravated:  It's like PNG files were cursed to not show up on MediaFire that night! :lazy:  (I would've used ImageShack, but they charge to upgrade past the trial period or you can't upload anything new, so I've stopped using them.  I haven't had a problem with MediaFire like this before.)  Sooooooo, I tried changing picture formats (to JPEG) and it uploaded just fine, so I went with it and submitted it.

#6 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:22 AM

Lightwulf

Lightwulf.png

What says "Halloween" better than graveyards with fireball-spitting pumpkins?  The owl and the bats are the only living witnesses to your demise!   :superevil:  Mwa hahahahahahaaa!

@Lightwulf:

How were you able to use my idea about the Gohma-Pumkin-Face without releasing my quest? XD

Nice job, everyone! :approve:

#7 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:12 AM

Shane gets my vote, this one is somewhat close. Lightwulf is #2.

I like the placement of the flowers and how this is put together as well as the scenery. If this screen is for a quest you're working on, I am intrigued to play it.

Joel gets #3 for me.

• Lightwulf likes this

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:52 AM

Quite an interesting diversity of screen styles this week.

Joelmacool12 - This is looking pretty good. I like the design and the detail. I got no criticisms here. Good job.

Logos - Looks awesome. I love the screen as a whole. The palette is pretty nicely done and I see no problems everywhere. Well, maybe the water could use a different tile, but I would just end up looking far too nitpicky for such a small detail like that lol.

Shane - "A Fucking Screen" is what I will call this. I love the way sideview works in this, and those big trees look awesome. I love it.

Anarchy_Balsac - Well, this is rather... interesting. I see you're going for, what I assume, a torture chamber approach with this screen. It's definitely got the spooky vibe to it.

Lightwulf - Spooky pumpkin Gohma, nice! This looks like a really great screen, I really like what's going on here. You did an awesome job with this one.

All in all, it's hard to say which shot I like the most. Logos, Shane, Lightwulf and Joel are very hard to choose from lol, but I'm going to go for Shane, just for nailing that sideview screen. Awesome job to all.

• MermaidCim, Anarchy_Balsac, Lightwulf and 1 other like this

#9 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:10 PM

Quite an interesting diversity of screen styles this week.

Shane - "A Fucking Screen" is what I will call this. I love the way sideview works in this, and those big trees look awesome. I love it.

All in all, it's hard to say which shot I like the most. Logos, Shane, Lightwulf and Joel are very hard to choose from lol, but I'm going to go for Shane, just for nailing that sideview screen. Awesome job to all.

Couldn't have said it better You literally took the words right out of my mouth

#10 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:23 PM

@Logos - Thanks! :shy:  Yeah, I see what you mean.

You know what?  It is! :) ... But not on purpose. :unsure:

The scary part is that, the night I was submitting this, MediaFire would not upload a PNG file!!!   :gonk:  I kept trying to upload it, but I'd just get a blank picture.  I tried different folders, different menus for uploading, ... nothing worked.  :aggravated:  It's like PNG files were cursed to not show up on MediaFire that night! :lazy:  (I would've used ImageShack, but they charge to upgrade past the trial period or you can't upload anything new, so I've stopped using them.  I haven't had a problem with MediaFire like this before.)  Sooooooo, I tried changing picture formats (to JPEG) and it uploaded just fine, so I went with it and submitted it.

Damn, man. Perhaps try switching over to Imgur. You can upload almost any kind of image there with or without an account.

• Joelmacool likes this

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for the votes and comments everyone. I always wanted to make something along the lines of a sideview open-world. I don't completely understand what a Metroidvania is so I refrain from using the term. But regardless, I have ideas for this but sadly due to ZC's silly sideview shenanigans and my plate being full, I doubt I'll be able to make this a reality. As it stands, it's used for a little silly bad quest thing.

• MermaidCim and Eddy like this

#12 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for the votes and comments everyone. I always wanted to make something along the lines of a sideview open-world. I don't completely understand what a Metroidvania is so I refrain from using the term. But regardless, I have ideas for this but sadly due to ZC's silly sideview shenanigans and my plate being full, I doubt I'll be able to make this a reality. As it stands, it's used for a little silly bad quest thing.

The fact you even attempted a Metroidvania, you get points for that if you ask me. I can understand how challenging it is to pull  those off.

• Shane and Lightwulf like this

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

With 44.19% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 532 is Shane!

Shane.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Joelmacool12 (11 votes [25.58%])

- Logos (7 votes [16.28%])
- Shane (19 votes [44.19%])
- Anarchy_Balsac (3 votes [6.98%])
- Lightwulf (3 votes [6.98%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, Joelmacool12, Logos, Anarchy_Balsac, Lightwulf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users