action adventure story puzzle

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#106 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 02 January 2022 - 06:53 PM

Both new versions seems to be in French. But it looks very cool! 

o
m
g

I'm replacing this now. My apologies to the administration.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#107 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 11 February 2022 - 05:38 PM

Considering what happened, the lack of communication and the fact that it's my first game, I'm really happy to have had so many players. Thanks a lot.

I'm starting the next game. I've been taking notes on the feedback, especially on the narration. But I've had a lot less feedback on the gameplay.

I would like to know what was the worst level of my game for those who play my game (PM if you prefer). Here is the list of levels if you need it: https://www.youtube....izqr9WcA/videos

You don't need to say why... it's mostly for me to know what I should avoid in the future. 
(you can also tell me your favourite level if you had one)

That's it! Thanks again to all of you, your feedback has been really useful for me.

Some gameplay gif -

pws0.gif 3d02.gif nmug.gif

If other people have played my game, don't hesitate to give me feedback, in private if you want... especially from those who stopped before the end (there must be some); I would like to know "why" you stopped. I'd like to know "why" you stopped. I need it for the construction of my next game (and what you liked, to know what I can reproduce).

Thank you again <3

Edited by Aroten, 11 February 2022 - 06:21 PM.

• Anthus, Shane, Jenny and 2 others like this

#108 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 February 2022 - 06:24 PM

I would like to know what was the worst level of my game for those who play my game. Here is the list of levels if you need it: https://www.youtube....izqr9WcA/videos

Spoiler

Still have yet to try out the latest update, but I look forward to giving it another chance!

• Solynutt, dr_henke and Epsalon ZX like this

#109 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 21 February 2022 - 07:12 AM

Thank you a lot !

I will take note of your answers for my next game (3 answers)
I just have a few (more specific) questions because I'm most unsure about the dungeons.
(I was waiting for the superlative votes to open to post my questions because I felt like it might look like I was encouraging people to vote for me and I thought that was a bit pretentious, but the truth is I'm in a hurry to get feedback on these specific points, they're the last things I want to know XD (before I let my game rest c: ))

- Did those who did this dungeon understand quickly how it works?

- Did the design of this dungeon annoy people?

p6nr.png

- Is this dungeon not too difficult? 

I have a lot of question again, but I think I have to move on to the next project with what I already have. 
If one day you have the desire and the possibility to give me advice, you will make me very happy. 
"I stopped in your game because (...) "
"I found this dungeon boring because (...) "
"I found this part too difficult" "I didn't understand this dungeon" etc, I don't need justification. I'm not asking for tact, I just want to know if my game was too frustrating at some point.

Thanks again to everyone, I've already had a lot of help, I expected to go totally unnoticed as nobody knows me here and I haven't made any communication. I'll probably enter a little contest soon. 

(and thank you very much for the superlative nominations, it was really unexpected considering the start I made, that did something to me.)

Edited by Aroten, 21 February 2022 - 07:13 AM.

• Shane, Jenny, dr_henke and 1 other like this

#110 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:47 AM

Not sure if this is still relevant, but it might be helpful to start a new topic with a catchy title for your questions? Especially the ones not finishing your quest might not even see them otherwise without a reason to get back to this topic?

For me, I haven't even played your quest yet, though at least all the positive feedback you got made it the current #1 quest for me to be interested to get back to play ZC. Looking at the quest page though, the visuals are not all that pleasing to me (same reason keeps me from playing that masterpiece called Yuurand) and the trailer is especially discouraging.

I had to rewatch the first part a few times, I don't know Tails, I don't know what an advert for a bank could have to do with dreams and the next two sentences still make zero sense to me. Doesn't give me the impression that I will have much fun with the game without someone that explains the context to me.

#111 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 12 March 2022 - 05:23 PM

Tails is the closest friend of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Many young kids would love to have him as a plush or imaginary friend....which kinda fits the reference here...I know I myself did when I was young. Yoshi was another to give another example of my own. 

The best way to think of the quest is its not actually a Zelda game.....but more of a game where you explore the dreams, memories and dark sides of many others...and their connection to a certain individual. 

Not sure I can say more without spoiling it....even with this....I think I said too much..

Edit: In addition....visuals are not everything. I for one never judge anything by graphics alone. Yuurand is a masterpiece....with so much complexity, but very fair gameplay, many, many stories, worlds and options to do whatever. A player can literally choose thier own experience.

If you're unsure....give something at least two hours of your time to see where it goes. You should know by then if you like the game/quest itself or not....right?

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 12 March 2022 - 05:32 PM.

• Solynutt and dr_henke like this

#112 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 12 March 2022 - 05:54 PM

Not sure if this is still relevant, but it might be helpful to start a new topic with a catchy title for your questions? Especially the ones not finishing your quest might not even see them otherwise without a reason to get back to this topic?

For me, I haven't even played your quest yet, though at least all the positive feedback you got made it the current #1 quest for me to be interested to get back to play ZC. Looking at the quest page though, the visuals are not all that pleasing to me (same reason keeps me from playing that masterpiece called Yuurand) and the trailer is especially discouraging.

I had to rewatch the first part a few times, I don't know Tails, I don't know what an advert for a bank could have to do with dreams and the next two sentences still make zero sense to me. Doesn't give me the impression that I will have much fun with the game without someone that explains the context to me.

My game is a first game, I would find it pretentious of me to make another topic for wanderlust :x , I did get 2 replies in private

The grey wolf reproaches his interlocutor for talking to him like a bank ad.
"Do you have a dream? We can make it happen with our low-interest loans.

I explain so that you understand the intention, but this does not excuse the lack of understanding. I think it's a cultural joke because in France, we understand it. It's my fault, I should have thought it wasn't necessarily understandable elsewhere.
To explain though, the grey wolf is an angry character who gets carried away easily and I wanted to present him as such.

Thanks for the feedback, it will help me next time I make a trailer!

the current #1 quest ?
EDIT: Ok I see why you say that 

And <3 Epsalon.

Edited by Aroten, 13 March 2022 - 07:20 AM.

• dr_henke and Epsalon ZX like this

#113 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 14 March 2022 - 08:11 AM

You shouldnt take my words too serious, my brain seems to not work the way it should and I am not a good reference point ever. ;)

I personally just don't get what the wolf wants to say like old people are at times confused about the things young people say. It does discourage me indeed and a whole quest like that would make me very depressed, but it's my fault, the trailer is perfect the way it is.

Also, the forum is there to talk about quests, it wouldn't be pretentious at all. :D
  • Solynutt and Epsalon ZX like this

#114 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 14 March 2022 - 12:38 PM

Let's just say that the main negative feedback I've had is related to comprehension concerns, for my next game I want to make everything easy and quick to understand and that includes checking if what I'm saying is understandable to everyone, I can understand that the reference to bank ads can be confusing. it's not bad to know that!

I'll try to make a topic again one day, even if I think my game has already had its day, but anyway, I have the impression that the forum is emptying out and I'm afraid I won't get any answer. Before there were more than 40 voters for 6 applications for the screen of the week, now it's hard to get 2 applications for 20 voters on average :(

• Shane and Epsalon ZX like this

#115 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 14 March 2022 - 01:32 PM

I'll try to make a topic again one day, even if I think my game has already had its day, but anyway, I have the impression that the forum is emptying out and I'm afraid I won't get any answer. Before there were more than 40 voters for 6 applications for the screen of the week, now it's hard to get 2 applications for 20 voters on average :(

It can seem discouraging, but if you enjoy what you're making, a dwindling audience isn't anything to be concerned about. I'm sure for the foreseeable future, there will be people who will give your work a chance and provide feedback, even if it feels scarce. It does mean that people took the time to come to this place, play your work, and leave remarks. That should mean something!

Also probably a hot take, but I think the visuals here work better than Yuurand, although I don't think they're comparable. Yuurand is far too abstract by design and any semblance of trying to make it look like standard scenery is destined to fail. You got to use a lot of imagination for the set to work which isn't a bad thing by any means. This quest has actual scenery, and while clashing, can still present itself as a proper world. I kinda find it charming and cute, but if there is a suggestion you want to take away from Chris's feedback, it'd be to find a more cohesive style. But this goes back to what I said before, only do it if you enjoy it. You never know what kind of audience you're going to get, the only guaranteed player that will play your work is yourself, so appeal to them first!

#116 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 14 March 2022 - 02:17 PM

For my next game, I have experienced graphic designers, it should be fine. I want the graphics for the next game to have a strong identity! I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.
(And when I say my game has had its day, it's because it's had a label from the start, so much so that even people who are receptive to the storyline feel obliged to justify themselves if it's in public. One person preferred to send me a comment in private by the way)

I don't know Yuurand so it's hard for me to compare, I went to see the pictures and it looks nice, the game makes me want to play it !

Thank you shane for being here and for your kindness, I see that and it does the community good.

• Shane, dr_henke and Epsalon ZX like this

#117 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 14 March 2022 - 03:22 PM

Agreed, Shane 

• Shane and dr_henke like this

#118 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 20 September 2022 - 08:47 PM

The game has been edited and improved again. It is still adapted to version 2.53 but I have included a 2.55 BETA version in the pack.
It's very likely that I can edit the game again in the future, remove bugs again and again, improve the level design again and again based on the feedback I get, but I think the game has become relatively stable and I can definitely move on to the next game I've already started on game maker.

i9eh.png

Probably the last thing I'd ask if I could afford it. A few answers will do, if you can help me.

Thanks again.

• Shane likes this

#119 Jumper

Jumper

• Members

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:51 PM

Hey, I'm kind of interested in at least giving this a try, but it seems that the Music Files are in the Trash, which essentially means I cannot access it.

Is there an alternative download link for it?

#120 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 27 September 2022 - 04:56 AM

Hey, I'm kind of interested in at least giving this a try, but it seems that the Music Files are in the Trash, which essentially means I cannot access it.

Is there an alternative download link for it?

here: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing
Thank you!

• Jumper likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: action, adventure, story, puzzle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users