Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:37 AM

I did it!!!!!!!!!
  • Russ and Evan20000 like this

#92 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:40 AM

Congratulations! Your reward is a really fun character and a notice that, despite that ostensibly being the second hardest fight in the game, there's all sorts of ways to make life even more painful from here!

• Evan20000 and Yloh like this

#93 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:47 AM

I hope you found the final phase as hilarious as I did.

Spoiler

• Yloh likes this

#94 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:31 AM

Looking back at different fourms of this game there was a video for Yuurand 5.0. In that trailer, there was a new character announcment, Tyrant Vanice.

Russ said you can achieve a special password in Reikon to unlock her. I assume that is the origional Reikon game and not the Reikon map in Yuurand.

Is playing the origional Reikon game the only way to get the password, or is there now a way to unlocked her in version 7.0?

This is interesting timing because I bumped into Flect at the house and she is requesting me to kill Vanice. On the topic of the house, how in the world do you bounce like a bouncy ball enemy? I tried to use float and press it many times to make it look like I was bouncing.

I already posted it in discord, but the game teased the ultimate super boss to me. It was during my playthrough with Hera. There was no fight against Tartaros that time. The story was him warning of a great consuming force that will be released into the whole world. Tartaros was consumed in the end and the game showed a mysterious man in crimson red. I hope the game makes it clear on what I need to do to challenge him. For now, I will just enjoy the ride.

Also, with a less overpowered character, I defeated the enhansed version of Tartaros. In other words, I actually has to learn how to fight him. He was indeed difficult, but not as difficult as Venser.

I've completed all 8 maps plus a run on fragmented. I'm currently trying the custom maps now. A little bit over half of the achievements unlocked now, but those are simple ones that just require you to play the game. Sometime in the near future, I would like to play multiplayer to unlock that achievement. Discord should be the perfect place to ask someone.

Let's just say that this game has been a terrific experience do far. Dimi baited me into playing this quest because of an ultra super boss, but the quest has hooked me with all of its well developed characters. This quest is a museum of Zelda Class origional characters.

Edited by Yloh, 13 January 2022 - 12:35 AM.

• Russ and Aevin like this

#95 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 13 January 2022 - 01:40 AM

Looking back at different fourms of this game there was a video for Yuurand 5.0. In that trailer, there was a new character announcment, Tyrant Vanice.

Russ said you can achieve a special password in Reikon to unlock her. I assume that is the origional Reikon game and not the Reikon map in Yuurand.

Is playing the origional Reikon game the only way to get the password, or is there now a way to unlocked her in version 7.0?

This is interesting timing because I bumped into Flect at the house and she is requesting me to kill Vanice. On the topic of the house, how in the world do you bounce like a bouncy ball enemy? I tried to use float and press it many times to make it look like I was bouncing.

I already posted it in discord, but the game teased the ultimate super boss to me. It was during my playthrough with Hera. There was no fight against Tartaros that time. The story was him warning of a great consuming force that will be released into the whole world. Tartaros was consumed in the end and the game showed a mysterious man in crimson red. I hope the game makes it clear on what I need to do to challenge him. For now, I will just enjoy the ride.

Also, with a less overpowered character, I defeated the enhansed version of Tartaros. In other words, I actually has to learn how to fight him. He was indeed difficult, but not as difficult as Venser.

I've completed all 8 maps plus a run on fragmented. I'm currently trying the custom maps now. A little bit over half of the achievements unlocked now, but those are simple ones that just require you to play the game. Sometime in the near future, I would like to play multiplayer to unlock that achievement. Discord should be the perfect place to ask someone.

Let's just say that this game has been a terrific experience do far. Dimi baited me into playing this quest because of an ultra super boss, but the quest has hooked me with all of its well developed characters. This quest is a museum of Zelda Class origional characters.

You need to defeat Tyrant Vanice in Reikon to obtain the password needed to unlock Vanice in Yuurand. AFIAK she does not give you the password if you defeat her in Yuurand.

On how to bounce:
You have to be playing a specific character to do this sidequest. You'll have unlocked them, they have a specific signature that allows them to bounce when used creatively.

As for that...

Spoiler

Edited by Orithan, 13 January 2022 - 02:00 AM.

#96 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:39 AM

I'm really happy to hear this! I think of the quest as being similar to Smash Bros in that regard. There's a lot of characters I learned about and grew to love there before playing their original games, and I'm really glad Yuurand can be a similar experience for our little community.

Like Orithan said, you've gotta play Reikon itself. She's that game's Evan-made superboss. She's also very fun. :P

As for the bouncing and THAT THING, Orithan's hints will suffice there.

Yeah, I think he's a sufficiently difficult boss when you're not cheesing him. Unfortunately, he's been in the game since 1.0, while Pall and Venser were added in 7.0, which means a whole lot of ways to cheese him (mainly characters who don't get jinxed by his attacks properly or characters with absurd burst damage) have crept in to the game. We're hoping that, with the update Evan's working on, he'll be in a good spot. The idea is for him to not be as difficult as Venser (kind of funny how those two flipped in difficulty from IoR), but to still be challenging.

I've completed all 8 maps plus a run on fragmented.

Out of curiosity, which map's your favorite? Least favorite?

A little bit over half of the achievements unlocked now, but those are simple ones that just require you to play the game. Sometime in the near future, I would like to play multiplayer to unlock that achievement. Discord should be the perfect place to ask someone.

Congrats on making such good progress! I hope you enjoy multiplayer!

#97 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:39 PM

As for that...

Spoiler

Spoiler

The environments that gave me the most enjoyment were the outside areas. Good music also played a huge factor in my enjoyment. Lifted fulfilled both of those the most, and that map made me feel like I was truly on an adventure. Soltice would probably come in second in those categories, and Living as would probably be my third. Schrodinger has my favorite final boss area.

When I point out my least favorite map, it doesn't mean that map had any glaring flaws. I did Yuurei last, and it seemed dull when compared to the other maps. It was fun to experience a remix of previous areas, and I understand Yuurei is the original map. Reikon rustled my jimmies the most trying to figure it out. The description is totally accurate about it being a difficult map. With that said, it did have my favorite Sky area because that music was jamming. Neon Corridor was one of my favorite areas out of all of the maps. I did think it was really cool to go to different areas to unlock parts of previous areas. 

• Russ and Aevin like this

#98 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:45 PM

Yloh, I recommend to complete a Sadistic run as soon as possible if you didn' complete it, yet.

Spoiler

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 14 January 2022 - 11:12 PM.

#99 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:47 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#100 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:32 AM

I'd also recommend playing a run on difficult before normal, as a lot of the enemy behaviours somewhat build on each other. Sadistic is... well, quite tough, and not something I'd recommend for a first time run of any of the labyrinths (I'm one of the co-creators and I find it difficult to play on at times, especially on fragmented). As you said, Yuurand is a big quest, and the iceberg of difficult content goes quite deep. When phrases like "NBD TE Low% SadRogue" starting making sense to you, you know you've fallen deep down the rabbit hole. :P

Spoiler

Edited by Yloh, 14 January 2022 - 02:13 PM.

#101 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 January 2022 - 02:19 PM

Spoiler

• Yloh likes this

#102 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2022 - 03:09 AM

Spoiler

• Yloh likes this

#103 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 16 January 2022 - 01:44 PM

Spoiler

Hey guys! I just recently completed my first sadistic run. 1.2 x motus crystal bonus is nice. It was difficult, but not quite as difficult as my memory served me. I died about half the amount of times on sadistic as I did on my first run on difficult. To me, the most difficult part about the changes is having the player do 15% less damage to enemies. The character of my choice for that run was Miles. His electric shield really helped a lot.

There is something that has been on my mind for awhile now. When selecting a character, some have complex stories while others have simple stories. What is the difference between complex and simple stories?

Edited by Yloh, 16 January 2022 - 01:46 PM.

#104 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 January 2022 - 02:05 PM

There is something that has been on my mind for awhile now. When selecting a character, some have complex stories while others have simple stories. What is the difference between complex and simple stories?

The distinction is somewhat arbitrary, but the rationale goes something like this:
Sylvia/BB and Loammi stories - both have cutscenes after nearly every boss and at least some degree of predetermining what bosses you'll fight for story purposes, instead of rolling them from the seed.
Eli/Desio story - the story is tied to a specific Labyrinth and has more cutscenes than usual. One cutscene will trigger at one of three choke points in the labyrinth you have to pass through, while another specifically references a T2 boss in the seed and the arena it's found in (meaning it picks from 18 possible descriptions, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa).
Riviere story - Rhone has a different intro from Seine/Loire, and there's a cutscene early on that can happen at a few different chokepoints. Admittedly, I got lazy as we added more and more labyrinths, so in newer ones like Lifted, this cutscene happens on like... the second of the screen of the game, as opposed to in 4 or so possible locations in the Yuurei labyrinth.
Wisp story - There's two sets of subscreen skits for every area rather than just one, and one scene changes drastically depending depending on which of the four characters you're playing as.

The rest of the stories typically follow a pattern of Intro->Cutscene after 2 or 3 bosses->Maybe a special seen that happens at a particular point (such as Miles and Mato have a scene at the lake area)->VM boss scene->true final boss scene->Ending, so they're flagged as simple.

Congrats on the sadistic run clear! Miles really is a great character for it, between the thunder shield letting you run through enemies and his passive upping your damage output if you do start making mistakes.

#105 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:58 AM

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users