Photo

Screenshot of the Week 397

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 397 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

nicklegends: Awesome stuff! icon_smile.gif I voted for this one.
demonlink: This was also really good, but nick's beat yours out.
Moosh: ......

#17 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Feb 6 2013, 11:43 PM) View Post

So seeing as people evidently don't find my cutscenes funny, I guess I might as well cancel Link's Quest for the Hookshot 3: On Wings of Stunfisk. The Wind Fisk was going to be an integral part of the game's plot and without it the whole thing kinda falls apart...I'm glad I submitted here to test the water seeing as apparently my humor just isn't what it used to be. I might try again some day, but I probably won't any time soon. I have to admit this is a rather fatal blow to my pride...My humor was what I built my identity around...If all that was a lie, I just feel...Empty...

If its a joke and I can clearly see that is was only supposed to be one, then I will treat it like a joke. Jokeshots with the sole purpose of being jokes, as in shots that have literally nothing but the joke going for them, I will downvote because I simply don't vote for jokes. They may be funny to you, but they are not to me.

It may seem like that I don't like having fun, but that's not the case at all.

#18 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

nicklegends - Like Evan, the sandbar part bugs me a bit. Maybe it's too empty? Otherwise, great screen.

demonlink14 - I voted here. I admit the narrow strip of walkable area at the top of the screen is questionable, but this was the most appealing shot to me. It hearkens back to a simpler era, and has a nostalgic sort of feeling for me. Heck, if this is part of a quest in progress, I'd like to play it just to look at your screen design. icon_smile.gif

Moosh - Stunfisk can go die (also shut up everyone it's funny)

#19 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Feb 7 2013, 12:53 PM) View Post
I simply don't vote for jokes. They may be funny to you, but they are not to me.
A joke shot can be funny without being deserving of any votes. Take Hergiswi's entry to a recent Map of the Month, where he submitted a map of the United States. It's funny! But it doesn't deserve any actual votes since it doesn't function as a ZC map. (I think his was excluded from the poll, regardless.)

Anyway, to analyze the shots...

nicklegends
Not bad, but could use a little more detail or something in the grass to the right. Also, what's that red spot about in the top-right corner?

demonlink14
My personal preference is to have every aspect of a screen mean something. I don't feel that way about the cliff toward the left since its sole purpose seems to be to take up space. icon_shrug.gif Also, the fact that the dirt has borders on the right of the screen but not the top is a little weird. I'm just being picky, though. This is an above-average shot.

Moosh
lol

#20 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

nicklegends - As a screen, it works for your everyday overworld screen, but I don't find it all that interesting. It still got my vote, as I found it to be the highest quality of the three.

demonlink14 - Again, it works for an overworld screen, but it's not all that interesting to look at. Seems like something that has been done many times before. Still fine for your everyday overworld screen, as every quest will have a lot of those.

Moosh - Link is tickling his chin.

I voted a while ago, but haven't posted until now. I didn't find any of the screens all that impressive, but they are certainly acceptable quest screens. I still picked a favorite, of course.

#21 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

nicklegends - 35 votes = 63.64%
demonlink14 - 10 votes = 18.18%
Moosh 10 votes = 18.18%

Total Votes: 55

nicklegends
IPB Image
Link is no longer lost in the desert!