Photo

Screenshot of the Week 219

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 219 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 damoocow5000

damoocow5000

• Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

GameBoy Graphics! YAY! icon_lol.gif

#17 Hero of Fire

Hero of Fire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:48 AM

blaman all the way icon_smile.gif.

The market feeling has been captured and shoved into that 256x224 screenshot icon_smile.gif.

#18 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:03 AM

blaman has my vote, sorry Russ, you came a close second. blaman, you created a busy "market town" feeling and managed to get it all onto one screen. I like it. It's also very colorful, which I'm a sucker for if you do it right.

Russ, you need to try making the classic set a bit more detailed using nothing but its own palettes. It takes practice, but you have potential, I can see that.

As for LiH, you have a bit too much detail scattered around. There needs to be a sense of balance. GB Zelda can be used, but only if you do it right, if you ask me.

#19 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

blaman - 6/10
Interesting road choice. However, the first thing I notice about this screen are those roofs. I never liked them, and they dominate the focus of the screen. They would be better for serving an upper edge, I think. Someone needs to design a better version of those some day, if they haven't already.

LostInHyru1e - 7/10
A beautiful gameboyish shot. Good detail and a lot of action is always a big plus for my appeal. Good job.

Russ - 5/10
Not too bad for working with classic graphics. More ground details would definitely help more too, even with what you are building with.

#20 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

Blaman is the winner this week, his uniquely designed, town screen just took over the competition. Congratulations to him. SoTW 220 will be starting shortly, so if you wish to participate, send in your shot. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users