MMDWR DC Help

• Please log in to reply
630 replies to this topic

#1 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:13 PM

's about time I as kfor help for once...

Just like the old version, I keep gettign stuck in the M/S Mariel. Lack of keys... I can't find them. icon_confused2.gif I do recall bombing the lower wall in the bottom of the big area had one which I had gotten (and which was hard to find in the old version) and after I use it to continue, there is another locked door.

So, I go back killing everthing and looking at the walls for bombable parts. I find one key surrounded by blocks, and part of them are darker, but I take it I needa new item to get it, and I get it from fallingt from an upper deck.

Then, after much frustration, I decide to use the key I found in the OW in the cave behind the SkullMan statue. I continue then eventually I find two mroe locked doors! Now I'm just plain stumped on what to do next.

Items I currently have acquired:
- 6 Hearts
- 1 HC piece
- 16 Bombs
- Blue Shadow Star
- Missile
- Missile Chip
- Silver armor
- ProtoMan's whistle
- Mega Buster
- Power chip
- 2 Triforce pieces

Any help would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif

As a side note, great improvements on the quest Petoe. icon_thumbsup.gif Some palettes are now sharper, I notice some better midis around, and the difficulty has toned down to be more fair (even though I still die a lot, that doesn't bother me). I'm looking forward to beating the M/S and play further, but these damn locked doors. icon_mad.gif

#2 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

Before I help you Poly, thanks for coming up with this thread. It's good to have a separate help thread so that nothing gets mixed up with the stuff about release... and by looking this thread I hopefully can rewrite the MMDWR DC walkthrough and make it much better.

Now to help Polygon, you mentioned the screen with the dark blocks surrounding the lonely keycard on DECK 2. Well go 1 (or 2... yeah, I have a bad memory) screens north and blow up the cracked block/crate to get to DECK 1. There are 2 keycards on the deck, both are on the east side (another one of them is again behind a bombable crate.

Though m/s Mariel is easier now, the bosses are still tough. So if you have problems with them, you can always skip the level and move on. But before you can finish level 5, you have to go back... (with the changes I've tried to make the quest more free. So if you get stuck in a level, you usually can go to next level. But never use other level's keycards in a wrong level!!! But if you find extra keycards behind statues, you can use those whenever you want to.)

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:29 PM

... I love your avatar, Petoe. icon_smile.gif I can't get enough of that screen! ^_^ Truth be told, I'm not on the "released" version, unless it happens to be the final "Beta." I should go download that instead. I'm not in the secret facility, struggling with the third set of appearing/disappearing walkways. .. Damn that thing is hard! >_<

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Oct 31 2004, 01:29 AM)
I'm not in the secret facility, struggling with the third set of appearing/disappearing walkways. .. Damn that thing is hard! >_<

So, umm, you are in the facility or you aren't? icon_heh.gif

BH, I have made many changes to the quest after the "Final beta". You HAVE to get the official "released" quest because the Secret Facility is simply impossible on the Final Beta. (I realized that when I was playing the final beta, so I made the facility easier for the release quest).

And it's nice to know someone likes my new avatar. I know that you wanted me to change the Dr.Wily avatar a long time ago.

#5 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:38 PM

Hey, I'm stuck again. icon_heh.gif I managed to get through the M/S safely, get the upgraded heat beam, get the first wallet, and gain another heart. Ah yes... and I got the L2 Lightsaber. That sidescrolling level was definitely a step up from the forest one, and the whole thing pretty much puts MtPP's arcade to shame. icon_razz.gif

Where next? I take it I have to go to the deserted Iso Dome, but I can't find a way in... I explored the sewers and there's nothing I can do to come up to the ground where the red brick structure is near the dome's entrance.

Damn, I'm stuck and I bet it's something simple like with the M/S. icon_sweat.gif

#6 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:47 AM

Did you look for the sewer entrances below Iso Dome & also near Lapin Town?

#7 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:36 AM

No... I don't recall finding an entrance to the sewer inside the Iso Dome or even near Lapin. icon_odd.gif Can you direct me to these? Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

#8 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:48 AM

If you move out of Iso Dome & go towards the forest area with quite a number of pits, there is a path that leads to the sewer entrance near Lapin Town. You don't need to go to the Town itself.

The other entrance is outside of Iso Dome, quite below, you will find a sewer entrance that has 3 rocks blocking the entrance.

#9 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE(Ielen @ Oct 31 2004, 09:48 AM)
If you move out of Iso Dome & go towards the forest area with quite a number of pits, there is a path that leads to the sewer entrance near Lapin Town. You don't need to go to the Town itself.

The other entrance is outside of Iso Dome, quite below, you will find a sewer entrance that has 3 rocks blocking the entrance.

That's right Ielen. But to avoid frustration it's a good idea to go to the sewer access near Iso Dome first so that you can activate the bridge. After that find the sewer access west of Lapin Town and voila, walk across the brigde and to the deserted dome.

#10 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:16 PM

Hmm now... I'm in the factory below the northern OW. I managed to get the gold armor, the slash, l3 saber, 10 hearts now, the upgrade for the buster, and the surfboard.

Is the rush marine in the factory needed to get the hammer item from the lab at the south? Because south, I found the HCP and heat beam upgrade awhile ago... and I saw no other ways to enter. Must I enter south with the rush marine from the central overworld in that little strip of water below the cave and sewer entrance blocked by rocks?

Oh... and something else... in L4's ? Dome, I noticed a locked door near the boss. Where is the key to that? And there's even another HCP in that level on F2 I can see stranded out on some metal, while I'm on the other side (I found the other HCP up there though).

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:05 AM

You get Rush Marine after beating the Factory mini boss, and yes, you need Rush Marine to get to the southern lab and to get the Grappling Beam item. Enter south with the Rush Marine from the central overworld in that little strip of water below the cave and sewer entrance blocked by rocks. icon_wink.gif

The locked door near the boss (In L4) is just an addition to make the level a bit easier. I added an extra keycard into the level so I had to put one extra door too. There's only an energy charger and 200 Zens behind that door. (Only... icon_rolleyes.gif )
But there's no way I can know which one of the keycards you missed...

#12 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:34 AM

I don't blame you, level 4 was fsking huge. I had to turn off the Transparent layers in the level in order to get around and see things clearly. :feak:

Well, it seems in the factory I'm missing a key to the power control room, and I really don't want to use one of those 2 extra keys I have. icon_shrug.gif

I know there are two chests... that I can't reach. One is on at the top of a room next to an empty one blocked by a laser, I know it has a key because I slashed it from above. The next one is for sure on F1 and is at teh bottom of the screen on the far left, with anotehr red laser at the right (darknuts are also in this room on the other side). I got down there by melting one of the hatches on the wall (the right one), but can't get that chest either. icon_neutral.gif

The room next to it (I think) has several traps and those unopenable garage-like doors above... but one of them seems like it's open... like an air vent. icon_blink.gif

I take it I need to turn off the power to get those chests... but, have any idea where a really hidden keycard might be? If any you get from killing enemies, I haven't done that.

#13 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:03 AM

About the unreachable keycards... you turn the power off, you turn the lasers off icon_wink.gif ...but that means you turn the lights off also icon_frown.gif

So you haven't gotten any keycards by killing enemies yet in the Factory. Ok, then the 2 keycards are simple. On the 2nd floor, do you remember that crazy conveyor room full of those "technical wizzrobes"? You have to kill them all to get a keycard. And a couple of screens right from that there's another similiar room. Kill 'em all and ghet your precious keycard.

And you still haven't used your 2 extra keycards? Well, you can start using them because there are no locked doors at level 7 and there's only 3 locked doors at level 8. The final place is more fun if you don't have any extra keycards. icon_wink.gif

#14 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 November 2004 - 11:44 AM

I was planning on saving the keycards forever. icon_razz.gif Is this factory level 5?

Yeah, I got a key from the wizzrobes in the conveyor room... but I might've missed that other one...

#15 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:39 PM

The Factory is the 6th level... but it really doesn't matter. You apparently skipped Tornis Tower, which is supposed to be the 5th level, but at least now it is really easy for you. I don't know is that a good or bad thing... depends on how much you like challenges...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users