Nuvo has a question...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:48 PM

Allright, so I need to know how to do something for a quest I'm making.

Okay, so in this quest, there are a lot of levels. And all of these levels can be done in any order.

The overworld changes 3 times in the game due to finishing required levels that aren't included in the other levels, these levels must be done in order.

I need to know how to make it so that all of the levels remain constant even though the world changes. So, I need to make it so that when the world changes, the levels warps change to that new overworld. If I'm not being clear enough, I'm sorry, I'm really tired right now... I will try to make this clearer tomorrow...

Using 2.10.2

Edited by Nuvo, 26 May 2007 - 11:50 PM.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:25 AM

One timed event.
The place which triggers the changing of the overworld needs to have the same level number like the dungeon EXITs. Normally, you go out from the dungeon with a sidewarp and so you are at the original overworld. So, check the boss flag, check enemies=>item, choose the trigger enemy. The room where you trigger the overworld change needs to be the same, just you need to place a KillAllEnemies item, too. Be sure to avoid any kind of warps in the trigger room. Now, going back to the entrance/exit room of the dungeon... place a secret flag near the exit door, set it to a warp tile in SecretCombos menu. And ready! When you trigger the changing of the overworld, the warp tile appears near the exit door of the dungeon and when you approach it, you will be teleported to the new, changed overworld. So, set the arrival(green, blue) points a little away from the door.

However, this enables you only for one change, not 3. If you use bland dungeon entrance room, you can build events into each other, like Shoelace did with houses (they had plain corridor as entrance).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users