Cirno

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 30 April 2022 - 03:16 PM

Hi guys. I would like to ask a script request for a boss from Touhou.

More specifically i would like to add a Cirno boss.

The boss would work with combos.

The setup would be simple: First of all, the boss will simply fly randomly in the room and occassionnally throw ice projectiles. Like Touhou games, Cirno will have many lives and will use special attacks (spell cards) when reaching a certain amount if HP.

Her first attack would be the "Icicle Fall" where Cirno will make random icicle falls in the floor, and the icicle will explode into a cold smokes and transform the impact water into ice temporary if hitting the water which will double damage the player if the player was in the water. Fire can melt ice.

Her second attack would be the "Ice Barrier" which a cold smoke will appears where the boss is, and will be invulnerable toward any attacks except fire. And doing so she'll throw projectiles. In her last health live she'll use that attack premanently. Damage to the player if attempts to hit her with anything else then fire.

Her 3th attack would be the "Freeze Beam" which is badically just a laser attack but the boss will spin around and will be more faster until she cancel the attack.

Specifically i don't know if there was a Cirno boss from the Enemy of The Month but i know there was a touhou boss so... yeah...

#2 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 30 April 2022 - 09:46 PM

Touhou is all about bullet patterns that are pretty, readable and, most importantly, dodgeable. The game also makes concessions to ensure that the bullet hell is fair like you always firing up and you are given a small hitbox to help with grazing the bullets.

ZC is not well suited to making bullet hells like what Touhou does because of your large hitbox and that you actively have to turn to face the boss to attack, but Cirno's stuff is simple enough that you could probably make a workable ZC boss out of it provided you take concessions so it is fun to play in a ZC setting.

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 May 2022 - 12:59 AM

Cirndeez

• Taco Chopper, Shane and Bagel Meister like this

#4 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 May 2022 - 06:58 AM