zelda classic panel event convention live commentary discussion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

I have always been curious about this. There are conventions involving video games like the upcoming MagFest, TooManyGames, MomoCon, and Pax. Considering how large the ZC Community has grown, has anyone ever thought of doing panels at those conventions? Possibly bringing the more notable Quest Designers, Administrators, etc? Stuff like MagFest and TooManyGames are not really expensive to start panels, that is of course you normally go to these kind of conventions. 

What there is to do in the panel is obviously Zelda Classic related. We would talk about the development of the quest someone made, play some ZC quests (maybe some bad quests for "amusement"), and show off a few tutorials if asked. 

This is no guarantee, but if someone wanted to do it in the future, it would be planned ahead of time. I'm sure members of PureZC and Zelda fans in general who haven't seen Zelda Classic would come to the panel, while specific members can host it. This may even make the community larger. What do you guys think? 

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

I kind of like the idea of it, and it would be pretty neat to see this happen.

Though I assume this is all in the US, so lol nope I wouldn't be able to attend any of these sadly (if this really does become a thing)

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

We could host our own convention and have a ball pit with like maybe three balls in it. We could have Linkus, Sheik, and Supindahood do the interior decorating and Freya and I could script the ball pit physics. Teamudf could stand in the corner and scowl at people disapprovingly as they enter the room. And TS could be a bouncer or something in case there's drama and people need to be kicked out. Maybe Jared and Shane could do the outside decorations, putting up signs and stuff. And Eddy could supervise things to make sure we don't slack off and not finish things.

• Rambly, Nathaniel, The Satellite and 2 others like this

#4 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

What could I do Moosh?!?!?!

Seriously though, I've noticed that purezc people live really far away from each other in general.

-Strike

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

What could I do Moosh?!?!?!

You'd attend the convention and end every sentence with "-Strike." I imagine at some point you'd get caught putting spike traps in the ball pit and TS would throw you out.

-Strike

• The Satellite, Russ, Eddy and 2 others like this

#6 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

This sounds cool until you realize that it's gonna cost so much that it's basically pretty unrealistic. Not to mention the fact that a lot of the people on here are younger people, who can't just get on a plane and go to some convention whenever. Who would come to see the panel? None of us has anything to show that would easily attract outsiders, so yeah, I don't think there's any chance of this ever happening, at least not with the current size of the community.

See, the entry fee itself might not be too high, but flying the people you'd need all across the world to wherever this convention would take place, then yeah, the price is considerably higher.

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:10 AM

We could host our own convention and have a ball pit with like maybe three balls in it. We could have Linkus, Sheik, and Supindahood do the interior decorating and Freya and I could script the ball pit physics. Teamudf could stand in the corner and scowl at people disapprovingly as they enter the room. And TS could be a bouncer or something in case there's drama and people need to be kicked out. Maybe Jared and Shane could do the outside decorations, putting up signs and stuff. And Eddy could supervise things to make sure we don't slack off and not finish things.

I approve of this.

BACK TO WORK GUYS! >=(

• Moosh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zelda, classic, panel, event, convention, live, commentary, discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users