Tutorial Discussion

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#16 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

I would be against submitting these to the DB. Xavier's is a special circumstance. I don't think the site staff would appreciate more demos.

#17 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

Alright, I want to share my knowledge with the world and write another Tutorial, but I want to know what is needed. Out of what I can do, what does everybody want to learn the most? I could do something with Screen Detail in EZGBZ, possibly.

#18 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Koopa @ Aug 20 2008, 02:12 PM) View Post

There's a hosting sites list in the computer discussion forum, but as it's a bit old not all of them might still work. I've used ripway.com happily for years myself.

Never had the will to update that, just because I don't have the ability to check out everything.

#19 Lune

Lune

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

I have an idea for a tutorial: tell how to convert music files and do all of the stuff with MIDI's, like editing them.

#20 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(Puzidman @ Aug 23 2008, 02:51 PM) View Post

I have an idea for a tutorial: tell how to convert music files and do all of the stuff with MIDI's, like editing them.

Hmm, I'll poke around and see if I can write something up. I can't promise too much though :/

#21 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

These tutorials are awesome! icon_biggrin.gif I'll definitely be using these.

I have two requests, though:

1) A tutorial explaining how to properly set up the "NPC" script in the 2.5 betas. How to import it correctly, connect it to an FFC, and actually make it work so you can walk up to an FFC and talk to it in-game. All my tinkering with this script has produced nothing. icon_frown.gif

2) A tutorial explaining one-time events.

These would be great. Thanks for the all the hard work! icon_biggrin.gif

#22 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

For when the scripting tutorial? It would really come handy to me. icon_heh.gif

#23 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

There is currently a scripting tutorial in the works. It'll soon be published. Have patience.

#24 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

Yeah, I think we're waiting on Master Maniac or something... c'mon people, submit stuff! icon_razz.gif

#25 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

There are plenty of tools for Linux on Midi Sequencing(RoseGarden is one I find to be incredible) But, Windows has Anvil Studio, which I'm not familiar with. Possibly a nice Anvil Studio tutorial for would-be composers. Digging through Sourceforge would probably produce some MIDI Sequencers for Windows, but I'm not sure.

#26 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:45 AM

I've played quite a bit with NoteWorthy composer - it's shareware though (but you can get around the limits).

I thought Rosegarden worked under windows too, you just had to install the KDE libraries (DLL files)? Haven't checked, though.

#27 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

I remember reading on the RoseGarden site that it won't be for Windows because of its dependence to JACK, or something like that. Browsing through the site, I can't find that anymore, but it says in the System Requirements that:

"As this is a Linux application, the first requirement is for a PC capable of running Linux." in System Hardware.

"Rosegarden runs on Linux, so you'll certainly need that." in Software.

So it leads me to think its a Linux Only.

I've also used Noteworthy Composer, but it seems to be missing a lot of advanced editing stuff. If I'm wrong, oh well.

Edited by Alestance, 10 September 2008 - 02:42 PM.

#28 Koopa

Koopa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:30 AM

Hmm, you're right about Rosegarden. My mistake.

I don't know if the full/paid version of NoteWorthy has more features or not, in any case you're right it would be nice to have a free windows program that does all we'd like it to.

#29 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:33 PM

I feel sorry for those on Windows sometimes, they're subjected to all the capital stuff. I should browse Sourceforge to see if there are some sequencers availalbe there for Windows that do everything.

#30 Koopa

Koopa

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:00 AM

Well, there's one point in their defence. Under Windows, sound in ZC just works. Under Linux on the very same laptop, I've never got sound (MIDI) to work acceptably in ZC. This despite a lot more free sequencers and all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users