Photo

Room where u take/give an item to/from an npc to unlock more dialogue.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 THEMDODO

THEMDODO

~Gloomy Pictures, Yellow Eyes~

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:51 AM

I've been working on my first quest for a while now, and i need to make a room where you will have to give or take an item to / from an npc in order to unlock dialogue. i haven't been able to find a way to that yet. If there is a way to do that without need for scripting, then feel free to suggest it.

Thanks in advance. :love:

I've managed to only find 1 way. It's just making the room a pay for info type, but im not sure how to reduce the options to 1 (if i can)

#2 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:23 AM

To give an item, you can use the "feed Goriya" room type.
...if you want a special "Bait" to trade, create an item and a related slot in the subscreen (use item overide).

If you don't want a Goriya Npc, select Room Guy "Empty" and put another npc (ffc) in the room.
Just a simple idea, that would work without scripting.

#3 THEMDODO

THEMDODO

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:27 AM

oh yeah. i forgot that i could replace the bait item tile. thanks for the suggestion.

• Bagu likes this

#4 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:30 AM

Make a copy of the original screen.
Use enemies->secret, and place an auto warp (a,b,c,d leading to the copied screen) secret combo, anywhere in the room.

If you gave the item it will warp to the copy, where you can use the screen dialogue, you want to unlock.

Edited by Bagu, 30 October 2020 - 11:32 AM.

#5 THEMDODO

THEMDODO

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:31 AM

yeah that should work just fine. thanks alot. your help is appreciated.

• Bagu likes this

#6 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:52 AM

Also, consider String Control Codes. The help button in the string editor should list them. They let you do neat tricks

• Bagu likes this

#7 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:39 PM

As Avaro mentioned, string control codes would be an ideal solution here: you can read up on them here.

• THEMDODO likes this

#8 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:03 PM

There are new lock block settings in the editor where you can give it an inventory item or any number of counted items. So make a lock block that requires the item you need to trade then behind it is a warp to a new screen with dialogue and an item.

#9 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:20 PM

Probably dangerous to assume people are sitting on the latest version of 2.55, you should probably clarify that those features are exclusive to that version when suggesting them, or it might cause confusion.

• Magi_Hero likes this

#10 THEMDODO

THEMDODO

• Members

Posted 04 February 2021 - 11:43 AM

As Avaro mentioned, string control codes would be an ideal solution here: you can read up on them here.

Yeah, thanks alot! this could prove to be helpfull for future rooms that are similar to this one as well

#11 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 04 February 2021 - 01:57 PM

I agree; I can't reiterate this enough.

If you are working with alpha/beta versions of ZC for a quest, you should specify every time you release an update which you are using. There are so many bugs that come up when using older builds.

• THEMDODO likes this

#12 THEMDODO

THEMDODO

• Members

Posted 04 February 2021 - 04:39 PM

I agree; I can't reiterate this enough.

If you are working with alpha/beta versions of ZC for a quest, you should specify every time you release an update which you are using. There are so many bugs that come up when using older builds

Yes, you're absolutely right. I was using a rather old version of ZC 2.50, but I've switched to ZC 2.53.0 LTS due to 2.50 lagging on my current windows 10 computer.

so far, I haven't encountered any bugs with the quest at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users