quest contest two week

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#16 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

I would appreciate if somebody made a small Kirby quest. The time frame you are suggesting sadly is the two weeks of my finals, so I'm out. But I wish the best of luck and success to all those who have entered! 

If somebody is interested and has yet to come up with a concept I would not mind speaking my mind on a bunch of concepts I have come up with. Just concact me.

Edited by Sheik, 20 June 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#17 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

I think I'll make something too.

I have a question: Could I submit the quest before the 2 weeks end? I might be going somewhere in that time.

Edited by L L L L L LINK, 20 June 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

The time frame you are suggesting sadly is the two weeks of my finals, so I'm out. But I wish the best of luck and success to all those who have entered!

Aw, dang. I'm sorry to hear that. We picked this time cuz we figured it'd be when the least amount of people are in school. Oh well. Good luck with your finals!

I think I'll make something too.

I have a question: Could I submit the quest before the 2 weeks end? I might be going somewhere in that time.

As in finish up in less than two weeks, or make it in a different two period. For the former, of course! For the latter, I'd need to talk with peteandwally about it.

Sign me up, I should make something in Classic :) I've never done one of these before, but it always seemed really cool.

Sign me up! I got an idea for my project.

Sure, why not, I'll find something to make

Alright, added you three. Good luck!

#19 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

As much as I'd want to make something for this, with how busy my days usually are and the fact I may be doing a joint quest with AtrusW0nder, I'll sadly have to pass on this.

I will, however, say good luck to anyone participating, and I look forward to trying out what you guys make!

#20 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

I'm joining this, I need a excuse to make a quest. [/joke]

But yeah, sign up the generic Zelda enemy over here.

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

But yeah, sign up the generic Zelda enemy over here.

Alright, Octorok has been added to the list.

Er, I mean, you've be added. Good luck!

#22 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Right after I made a 1-day quest, pah!

I like the idea, but I'll stick with my current 10-year (with breaks far over half a decade) quest.

• Russ and Jared like this

#23 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

BTW, so is there a catch in compiling resources? Not allowed to add them to the combos list, etc.? Or just not allowed make a screen until the due time?

wrong page coolgamer

#24 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

As in finish up in less than two weeks, or make it in a different two period. For the former, of course! For the latter, I'd need to talk with peteandwally about it.

Finishing it in less than 2 weeks. I'm going somewhere at the end of those 2 weeks.

If it's okay, then I'm entering! I was just getting back to making quests, and this is the perfect time to show how much I've improved since I made some horrible quests in the past.

#25 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

Yay, I'm in, time to get out my pen and paper and plan things!

Edited by Goriya, 20 June 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#26 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

- Plan ahead. You have almost a month to prepare yourself for this, so use your time wisely. Don't charge in blind.

No I won't think about my quest until the 15th july ;)

So yes, count me in! It will be another chance to take a break from my main quest, I can't work on one single quest for too long. ;D

I'm impressed this contest is going to be such a great turnout, looking at the official list.

#27 Soga

Soga

Secretly Alive

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

BTW, so is there a catch in compiling resources? Not allowed to add them to the combos list, etc.? Or just not allowed make a screen until the due time?

I think you can create graphics, maybe create scripts, and all that, but you can't put any of them into a quest and save that quest, then use that quest for your contest quest.

I think the rule is loose tiles and scripts are ok, but no pre-prepared tilesets or combo pages tailored for your quest (in other words, generic tilesets like EZGBZ, DoR, Pure, etc. are okay). July 15 is when you can actually create the quest file and set up your combos and tileset.

We need further clarification from Russ.

Edited by Soga, 20 June 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#28 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

I think you can create graphics, maybe create scripts, and all that, but you can't put any of them into a quest and save that quest, then use that quest for your contest quest. I think the rule is loose tiles and scripts are ok, but no pre-prepared tilesets or combo pages tailored for your quest (in other words, generic tilesets like EZGBZ, DoR, Pure, etc. are okay). July 15 is when you can actually create the quest file and set up your combos and tileset. We need further clarification from Russ.

He said any tileset, never put a restriction on custom tilesets, although he only said you can start "collecting" graphics, which might just mean having them ready to be imported. So yeah, we definitely need a little clarification from Russ. I was thinking of using an unfinished tileset of mine, but now I guess I'll have to wait to see what the official word is before I rule out other graphics options. Otherwise I'll probably just use Pure or EZGBZ. This is exactly why we have a month before, to figure out what we can, can't, and will be doing.

#29 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm gonna tentatively say you can add them to your combo list, but just can't make any screens with them before it starts. Seems more or less the same as using a pre-made tileset with the tiles you want already combo'd. Peteandwally might not agree with it though, just so ya know.

Finishing it in less than 2 weeks. I'm going somewhere at the end of those 2 weeks.

If it's okay, then I'm entering! I was just getting back to making quests, and this is the perfect time to show how much I've improved since I made some horrible quests in the past.

Alright, in that case, it's perfectly alright. I'd warn you how hard that'll be, but you were in the last two-week contest, so I'm sure you know from personal experience. Good luck!

So yes, count me in! It will be another chance to take a break from my main quest, I can't work on one single quest for too long. ;D

I'm impressed this contest is going to be such a great turnout, looking at the official list.

It's got a high turnout now, but I guarantee you people will drop out during the contest. That said, with such a high turnout already, we should have plenty of people actually finish their quests. Anyways, you're in, good luck!

#30 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Speaking of dropping out of the contest, sign me up, and hopefully I won't forget to actually participate.

So from the sounds of it, using my tileset from Link's Erection is fine?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quest, contest, two, week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users