2.50 RC2

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#16 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

There's a bug with the Selected Item Name feature in the subscreen.

I have the "Can Select A Button Item" quest rule on. Right now I only have the Sword and the name that keeps appearing is Rupee (1). I assume since I'm switching the Sword between buttons and there is no other item it's using it as the default. I can't get the swords name to display, only the glitched rupee thing. The cursor also isn't appearing, so there may be a minor glitch with the "Can Select A Button item" with only one item that can be selected on the subscreen.

#17 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(trudatman @ Jun 30 2011, 06:26 PM) View Post

to confirm, it still needs Snow Leopard, right? those cat names are silly and confusing. pretty sure my Mac 10.4.11 won't be able to handle the thing.

The answer is you need the Intel version of 10.5 or 10.6. I'll figure out making universal binaries sooner or later.

QUOTE(Colossal @ Jun 30 2011, 07:40 PM) View Post
I posted some code in the bug thread at AGN that should fix it (in its current state, it would only work right for those experiencing the bug, but it's a start).

Yeah, sorry I haven't gotten to that. I think I got my problem worked out, so I can probably try it today or tomorrow.

I noticed the frame rate fluctuating between 50-60 fps with this build, but I worked around it by launching ZC so that it runs on only 1 CPU. It's probably something to do with my hardware.

Oh, what the hell? It ought to be faster, if anything. Gah, this thing's such a mess...

QUOTE(Lynker @ Jun 30 2011, 07:58 PM) View Post
Did you guys get to testing 8-bit Link with the Mirror Shield on? Or is it just me? icon_frown.gif

I'm not seeing it. You sure you used the right transparency color on the shielded tiles?

#18 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

I can confirm a low framerate. ZC gets around 52 FPS with VSync on. Turning it off doesn't fix anything, it just rockets up to 200.

#19 Colossal

Colossal

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(Dart Zaidyer @ Jul 1 2011, 07:18 AM) View Post
I can confirm a low framerate. ZC gets around 52 FPS with VSync on. Turning it off doesn't fix anything, it just rockets up to 200.

I was wondering if this was more widespread or if it was just me. This happened with 2.10.2 as well, which is why I had no problems working around it to get an even 60 fps; I had already figured it out. The CPU usage with the fps capped is tremendously reduced though, which is good.

In case anyone is wondering exactly what I did to work around the problem. You can test it by launching ZC, then setting its affinity in task manager or process explorer so that it is only allowed to run on 1 CPU. This would only be temporary though. My permanent fix was to use PsExec to start ZC with the affinity automatically set. My command line was like this:

[path_to_psexec.exe] -a [cpu_number] -d [path_to_zelda-w.exe] [ZC_command_line_options]

A bit complicated, but very nice when set up. No problems to report so far with this build.

#20 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Jul 1 2011, 09:37 AM) View Post

I'm not seeing it. You sure you used the right transparency color on the shielded tiles?

Yes, I'm sure. There's black little x's around the sprite.

#21 zcfan27330

zcfan27330

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

I hate my computer. I'm using XP. I try editing the properties to no avail

when I first load this I get a screen that looks like this http://i1238.photobu.../untitled-2.png

I press escape to make the menu bar (the bar where you can edit buttons, quit etc) it isn't visible. I have to press F8 to exit the are you sure isn't visible either.

#22 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

I feel like the autosave is causing some crashings. It Autosaves even while I'm in the middle of drawing a tile, which really ought not to be happening. The moment a box comes up, it pauses, then crashes.

#23 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

Did you ever get the debugger working before? I could do another build for that.

#24 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

The more, the merrier, Saffith. icon_shrug.gif If not me, then others could help with that. I'll keep working on the solution to my own unique problem.

#25 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

I can't open the player or the editor for some reason. Is it not compatible with 10.6.7?

Also will you ever be removing or giving a use for the ice weapon and L2 amulet because those don't really belong in a final release as they aren't completed.

#26 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

Well, if anyone else is seeing a lot of crashing on saving, let me know.

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Jul 2 2011, 09:35 AM) View Post
I can't open the player or the editor for some reason. Is it not compatible with 10.6.7?

D'oh. What output do you get in a terminal?

Also will you ever be removing or giving a use for the ice weapon and L2 amulet because those don't really belong in a final release as they aren't completed.

Yeah, those'll go.

#27 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

All of the txt files look weird. They use to be in nice reader friendly format. Now they're a wall of text and it makes looking for specific commands impossible. icon_frown.gif

Edited by blackbishop89, 02 July 2011 - 09:57 AM.

#28 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Jul 2 2011, 07:53 AM) View Post

D'oh. What output do you get in a terminal?

That's the weird thing...It wasn't a crash...When I tried to open it, I just got this message

Zelda Classic cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure Zelda Classic works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

I tried reinstalling and it didn't help, so I have no idea what the problem is...
QUOTE(Saffith @ Jul 2 2011, 07:53 AM) View Post

Yeah, those'll go.

But will that cause crashing in quests that use those items (Lost Isle for example)?

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 02 July 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#29 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

What information does it give1 if you click "Report"?

QUOTE(blackbishop89 @ Jul 2 2011, 10:57 AM) View Post
All of the txt files look weird. They use to be in nice reader friendly format. Now they're a wall of text and it makes looking for specific commands impossible. icon_frown.gif

Ah, forgot it does that. Try this:

Edit: Don't bother, there's an error in these. Look a few posts further down.

Attached Files

#30 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Jul 2 2011, 12:28 PM) View Post

What information does it give1 if you click "Report"?
Ah, forgot it does that. Try this:

Those look beautiful. Thanks!

EDIT: Bummer, std.zh and string.zh don't parse. How do I fix this?

Edited by blackbishop89, 02 July 2011 - 06:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users