• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#16 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

Well the 2 week contest didn't really give the time for that.

#17 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:22 PM

Which is why I gave four weeks. I want to see quests that are high quality game play, not high quality graphics.

#18 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:28 PM

But to have the BEST quality gameplay, it is natural that the best graphics be acceptable to use. Although they're not everything, the better graphics, generally the better quest. (Not always, considering there are better quests in classic than some in DoR2.0. However, by contrast, if you were to put those quests into DoR2.0, they would be much better.)

#19 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

Good graphics don't always mean good quests. For instance, ion the Two Week Contest, I liked MoC best, and it had the worst graphics in the lot. Not to say I don't like classic, but compared to the rest, it was the worst graphically, and still my favorite.

#20 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:08 AM

Well then what would you recomend? I can't find a good tileset........

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:27 AM

Try the old DoR or an older version of Pure. The Gameboy tileset is good. Freedom's Adventure Set is nice. Sheesh, we have f pages of tilesets in the database, I say you can't use two, and you can't find any? Good grief!

#22 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:54 AM

I cant find whats right for my ideas, so... Old DoR! it is

ALSO- can we rip New DoR link into old DoR?

Edited by Lord Ike, 29 July 2008 - 01:24 AM.

#23 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

Hm, good question. What are you trying to rip.

#24 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:57 AM

I'll pass. I don't want anything standing between me and Molka Elite as long as I'm at Full Steam like I've been for the past few days.

The AGN vs. PZC idea is cool except for the lack of people on AGN's side so far. I wish you luck while hosting this, Russ.

Out of curiosity's sake, will this thread be a place to show screenshots of entries and brag/talk about entries here too? If not, it should be, but that's me.

#25 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:04 AM

Are you shure we can't use PTUX

I might Enter but I might not deu to Tilesets as well I'm not great with any other set than those baned and relly who uses PTUX Now in days.

WAit I've just found a loop hole there is a PUXDOR Set PTUX tiles with DOR Pallets and you haven't said that is banned so is it. if it is banned I woun't enter as I'm not good with the gameboy Tilesets (Trimaster YOu know how long it took for me to make a screen in that to LONG espaicale if it is a 4 week contest) or Old Pures

Anyway what is wrong with PTUX a contest like this should have freedom of Tileset

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Jul 28 2008, 11:57 PM) View Post

Out of curiosity's sake, will this thread be a place to show screenshots of entries and brag/talk about entries here too? If not, it should be, but that's me.

Yes, this thread can be used to post updates.

QUOTE(billy ronald @ Jul 29 2008, 04:04 AM) View Post

Are you shure we can't use PTUX

I might Enter but I might not deu to Tilesets as well I'm not great with any other set than those baned and relly who uses PTUX Now in days.

WAit I've just found a loop hole there is a PUXDOR Set PTUX tiles with DOR Pallets and you haven't said that is banned so is it. if it is banned I woun't enter as I'm not good with the gameboy Tilesets (Trimaster YOu know how long it took for me to make a screen in that to LONG espaicale if it is a 4 week contest) or Old Pures

Anyway what is wrong with PTUX a contest like this should have freedom of Tileset

So I ban the most recent Pure and DoR releases, and nobody can find another tileset? The's the old DoR, and at least five other Pure sets! But, if enough people agree with Biily, I'll let PTUX be used for the contest. But not the New DoR.

#27 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:14 PM

Well, I'm going to be using GB, as expected, since I work fairly fast with it... my quest? Well, not ready to spoil that yet... but think of my favorite 3D Zelda and you might have an idea ;P

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

Okay, now we have five people fore Pure ZC and four for AGN. This is working out better than I expected.

#29 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

You know guys, there are MANY other tilesets besides DoR, PTUX, and the even the Pure Tileset... in fact, you could even take a risk... and you know... make your own? What? Blasphemy!
No but seriously, it's not that hard to make a Pure Tileset, I made one in one day, it's called the Cool Unreleased Old Incendia Tileset for Attractive People that Looked Like This(Abbreviated as CUOITFAPTLLT):
IPB Image
Some GB/Custom tiles, and a new palette added into the mix, and this is what you get.

#30 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

That looks pretty darn good, Nuvo. icon_biggrin.gif

I think I'll take part in this. Sounds like fun. I'll end-up probably using either the BS or Classic set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users