Photo

Screenshot of the Week 531

Joelmacool12 Lunaria ywkls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 531 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

Joelmacool12

Joelmacool12.png

I can work with any tileset... test me :P

Lunaria

Lunaria.png

Gotta grab that shiny thing!

ywkls

ywkls.png

Is it just me, or does this place seem to be a little spooky?

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:49 PM

Nulled, since I'm in this one... (again...) So, here's my thoughts on the others.

Joelmacool12- I have no idea what tileset that is, but it's definitely different. Those trees are very unique. The vine on the mountainside looks suspicious. Otherwise, there's not a lot going on here.

Lunaria- the highlight for me is the subscreen and the enemies. Both stand out on a screen that's practically all one color. Are those crystals, or rocks? It's kind of hard for me to tell. Good effort here.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have scripts to write; screens to design and other stuff to do...

• Lightwulf likes this

#3 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:59 PM

The blue ones are supposed to be sapphires. :P
  • MermaidCim likes this

#4 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

I voted for ywkls this time. One of my first draws towards voting on a screen is something that makes me think "Holy crap! I never thought of doing something like that!" I like how the bridges were made on that screen. They look incredibly nice, and I don't think it ever would have occurred to me otherwise to use dungeon borders on an overworld bridge. Whether it's a very creative idea or just my immense lack of creativity, that's a big part of my vote this time around.

• ywkls likes this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

Lunaria's reminded me of those boulders with rupees in them from ALBW. Fun times. And on top of that, it looks nice.

• Lightwulf likes this

#6 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:34 PM

#VoteJoel2016

Lunaria: The enemies don't stand out that much, and it just seems too chaotic.

ywkls: I spot a tile error in the top left.

#7 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:26 AM

Joelmacool12- I have no idea what tileset that is, but it's definitely different. Those trees are very unique. The vine on the mountainside looks suspicious. Otherwise, there's not a lot going on here.

I used a very cartoony tileset named Happy Set... yeah...

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

Joelmacool12 - Very happy to see the Happy Set used to its full potential. Goes to show that tilesets like this still can make some really good stuff :P The screen looks pretty well made, and I like how it turned out. Good job.

Lunaria - Nice job with the screen here. I do like the crystals sticking out of the rocks. That's a really nice feature.

ywkls - Can't say I like this screen too much this week. I spotted quite a lot of odd things here. For one, there's that mountain tile error over to the top-left which looks odd. Secondly, the water seems to be lacking detail, probably some waves or some fish could help make it look better. Thirdly, I noticed the grass on the mountains to the left have a slightly off-coloured CSet than the rest. The grass at the bottom looks nice and green, but everywhere else along the cliff looks slightly whiter and off. Lastly, the transition between the brick ground and the graves doesn't look right. It would work for a EZGBZ screen, but it doesn't work on a DoR screen. With all of those corrections though, I'm sure this would end up as a much better screen.

Overall, I voted for Joelmacool12 this week. Close 2nd comes Lunaria.

• Lightwulf likes this

#9 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

I used a very cartoony tileset named Happy Set... yeah...

I don't knew it...anyway you got my vote

• Joelmacool likes this

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

Not to criticize, but ywkls's image proves exactly why this is a difficult tileset to work with. I can see a lot of tile errors in this image. But I don't blame him really, it's a very difficult tileset, and it took me awhile to really understand this tileset myself. 

• MermaidCim, Lightwulf, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#11 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

Im giving Ywkls points here for the tileset and how he used it. I admire the effort done here. That said, he does not get my vote. It goes to Lunaria. This one for me honestly wasn't even close. The quest this screen has, is it available for download? I want to play this. It's very inviting. I love how everything is incorporated in this screen. The use of the life bar is very unique which I have not seen in a lot of quests if at all.

I put Joel 3rd here and im probably in the minority on this one.

Edited by MermaidCim, 28 October 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#12 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

Joelmacool12  -  Because i applaud him for using a modified tileset instead of the very same type sets i usually see on here.

Lunaria  - Is ok also,  .. However it's that Subscreen menu that baffles me more than anything.*

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 28 October 2015 - 09:03 PM.

#13 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:11 PM

Im giving Ywkls points here for the tileset and how he used it. I admire the effort done here. That said, he does not get my vote. It goes to Lunaria. This one for me honestly wasn't even close. The quest this screen has, is it available for download? I want to play this. It's very inviting. I love how everything is incorporated in this screen. The use of the life bar is very unique which I have not seen in a lot of quests if at all.

The quest is not quite done yet, I'm currently conducting beta testing, Q&A, and finalising the last parts. You can track the progress here: Link
  • MermaidCim likes this

#14 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:56 AM

The quest is not quite done yet, I'm currently conducting beta testing, Q&A, and finalising the last parts. You can track the progress here: Link

OK thx :) I am looking forward to playing this.

#15 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:54 AM

To be honest I thought Lunaria was going to win. My shot doesn't actually appeal to me lol. Eh but a lot can happen in a day so good luck.

• MermaidCim likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Joelmacool12, Lunaria, ywkls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users