Give me the Quest Memes!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

Remember kids, disappointment is a gift too.

• Russ, Evan20000, TheRock and 1 other like this

#17 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

I've actually used a few of these memes in my quests here and there, as well as noting memes spawned from my own quests.

Any dungeon shaped like a Hourglass or Tree means bad things. Especially if I make it a bonus dungeon.

What, that lavafall didn't have a feather behind it? This must be fixed! And thus started my trend of ACTUALLY hiding things behind lavafalls, starting in Turtles Hate Candy and climaxing with a FEATHER SHAPED Bonus Dungeon behind one.

Some old Zelda Classic LPs also had some silly ideas. The old Majora's Mask quest had the Book appear as the Gibdo's Mask. After several jokes about Gibdos pulling out flamethrowers, I stuck flamethrower Gibdos in one of my quests.

Players hated Old Man and his bad advice in my quests? Here is a secret room where the Old Man is a Patra and you can vent all your rage on him as much as you want. Sure hope he doesn't return as a brutal easter egg boss in one of my quests...

RIP Jesus Ball and Chain, you were broken for only so long.

#18 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:30 AM

Me never finishing a quest should be a meme at this point.

Wow, he really Anthused that project. Way to Anthus it, and quit after like 10 years. That guy never finishes anything, he's a total Anthus.

• Jared and Naru like this

#19 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

It's not a bad quest design thing, but it is (or was?) a meme, at least in SotW and the like: purple trees.

Can't for the life of me remember where that got started, though.

• strike likes this

#20 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:06 AM

Can't for the life of me remember where that got started, though.

Hero of Dreams dared to have a purple tree. Revfan went nuts and gave it a bad review because of that purple tree.
  • strike, Evan20000, Deedee and 1 other like this

#21 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:22 AM

The only thing I can think of, which is pretty minor, one of the Link's Retirement quests made the bait item look like Din's Fire. So I ended up calling it Din's Beef throughout the quest and sometimes in other quests.

Edit: And slightly unrelated to Quest memes, but Jubbz being a 55+ year old man meme came from Quest 744 because of my own sheer gullibility.

Edited by Eppy, 02 June 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#22 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

I guess Legend of the Six Legendary Golden Green Cacti is a big meme on it's own : ^) Full of Eddy memes.

• Shane, Eddy and Matthew like this

#23 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

Not really a quest meme, but in my quest, I have an Agahnim parallel named Covfefe.
  • Anthus likes this

#24 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

Hero of Dreams dared to have a purple tree. Revfan went nuts and gave it a bad review because of that purple tree.

I had purple, and blue trees in 2005 before HoD came out. Too bad I never finished it though.

#25 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

Moosh not finishing LQfC is certainly a meme he doesn't want to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users