Photo

Screenshot of the Week 480

Jared joelmacool12 Duck ZeldaPlayer Anthus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 480 (64 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

You mean the one where a tree is on top of a moutain, in a funky looking way? But yeah ZP, might wanna stray from that. To me it's equal to having cutoff, which is a big no-no! :shiver:

I was actually referring to Jared's screen. :P I always think of Molka Extreme whenever someone uses Sun Tower Link.

• Jared likes this

#17 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

Jared's is gorgeous.  the flow of the screen itself is wonderful and it synthesizes elements from different tilesets beautifully.  plus, i love the palette.  i'll echo the sentiment about the grass borders being a bit too light, but otherwise, this screen is perfect.

Jared
I love this screen. Usually, I point out when a shot lacks a central focus like a big waterfall or bridge or statue or environment, but this time, the draw is really how well the tiles fit together. My only graphical complaint is that the dirt–grass transitions look a little odd. You might entertain Sheik's suggestion about using a darker green in those areas. Great job overall. (And I've always been a particularly big sucker for those trees. <3)

Jared have you tried how the grass/dirt transition would look if you made it dark like the grass/mountaintop transition? Might make clearer lines. Otherwise pretty good!

zelda005_zps53f82e03.png

:)

• Rambly, nicklegends, Shane and 2 others like this

#18 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

Voted for Anthus. Those spikes should deal 8 hearts in damage per touch.

> Level 2
> Six hearts

> 8 heart damage spikes everywhere

I would not trust you with challenge quests. That's pretty evil man. :V

And Jared, the new edits are much better. :)

• Jared likes this

#19 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

> Level 2
> Six hearts

> 8 heart damage spikes everywhere

I would not trust you with challenge quests. That's pretty evil man. :V

And Jared, the new edits are much better. :)

They don't really do eight hearts, I think they do one, or maybe even only one half (Cause you will probably bump them a lot. It takes a few tries to get through this room without bumping anything.)

As for the vote, I nulled. I probably would have went with Jared's. My only criticism is maybe make the dirt path have more variation? 

#20 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

As for the vote, I nulled. I probably would have went with Jared's. My only criticism is maybe make the dirt path have more variation? 

The point of this tileset is that it's supposed to be more minimal. Less complications with tiles. Thus, we have the simple BS grass, simple dirt, no corner edging for the grass/dirt transition, etc. :)

#21 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:57 PM

I came here and looked at everyone's interesting maps

however,

Jared:

His map is the only one who contains 'No enemy presence or obstacle threats', not even a single Keese! -which seems kinda lazy.'

therefore i cannot vote for him this time.

Alsoz, I keep hearing the firebird tileset being thrown around alot lately,

whiles I have no real use for firebird tiles myself yet.

I get easily depressed with the LTTP styles, wanting some modern/newer, even futuristic-meshed with that of the past or even steam-punk i am going for in developing as -am often one making custom made Zelda tiles which i find most original.   

-I like pipes and street lamps and fiery mall attractions in my Zeldas, waterfalls/swimming-pools/spas

and a disco.

( I would actually like to see people draw and make more of their very own tiles than always depending on

firebird for a change. )

It is a very very hard choice for me this time.

So i will vote for the person who got voted for the most-very least kinda to spite you all - this time around.

!0~^! Lolza.*

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 09 November 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#22 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

His map is the only one who contains 'No enemy presence or obstacle threats', not even a single Keese! -which seems kinda lazy.'

Enemies are the new closed corners now?

#23 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:12 AM

Why does it matter if there's no enemies?

#24 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:17 AM

Jared:

So making a screen, just to look nice for SotW = failure

thank you for this insightful post. I'll be sure to put death knights in my next sotw entry.

• Jared likes this

#25 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:31 AM

Enemies are the new closed corners now?

Yupz.* // 

Is very deep outlook actually.  

Thinks about it this way:    https://www.youtube....h?v=cRXNNqNfQBs

(.. I hesitated.')

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 09 November 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#26 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:35 AM

So making a screen, just to look nice for SotW = failure

thank you for this insightful post. I'll be sure to put death knights in my next sotw entry.

Hey, hey, hey! Let's not get too passive aggressive here. SkyLizardGirl has the right to make up her own criteria of what constitutes a good screen and have enemies be on that list. Personally, I agree with her somewhat: Enemies, obstacles, and landmark details all help make a screen more interesting.

Also:

So i will vote for the person who got voted for the most-very least kinda to spite you all - this time around.

!0~^! Lolza.*

Don't do this. It's fine if you don't like Jared's screen, but don't vote out of spite. It just invalidates any valid criticism you may have made.

#27 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:37 AM

Hey, hey, hey! Let's not get too passive aggressive here. SkyLizardGirl has the right to make up her own criteria of what constitutes a good screen and have enemies be on that list. Personally, I agree with her somewhat: Enemies, obstacles, and landmark details all help make a screen more interesting.

Sorry about that, bad night and whatnot. Either way, sorry about that, SkyLizard.

• Moosh likes this

#28 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:42 AM

Also:

Don't do this. It's fine if you don't like Jared's screen, but don't vote out of spite. It just invalidates any valid criticism you may have made.

It is considered mean for not at least 1 - person voting for somebody with no votes 'what so ever. '

No- child left behind policy.*

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 09 November 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#29 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

I kinda still fail to see how Jared's shot is lazy, considering he literally made a tileset from ground up that looks very nice and doesn't style clash. And considering that fact, maybe he didn't have time to add in enemies (edit: into his tileset, that is)? And to top that, it's just a very nice looking screen (to many). I don't think gameplay should be required in a contest where screens could be just about anything.

Edited by Shane, 09 November 2014 - 12:45 AM.

• Jared likes this

#30 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:50 AM

I kinda still fail to see how Jared's shot is lazy, considering he literally made a tileset from ground up that looks very nice and doesn't style clash. And considering that fact, maybe he didn't have time to add in enemies (edit: into his tileset, that is)? And to top that, it's just a very nice looking screen (to many). I don't think gameplay should be required in a contest where screens could be just about anything.

So 'style clash/originality'  is the closed corners?

So Jared wins every contest from now on and we only votes for those who use his own tileset or ones that look alike his as in LTTP?? 

- ' thinking about this formula you guys are using '  reverting back to past contests even those i missed to see what happens.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 09 November 2014 - 01:04 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jared, joelmacool12, Duck, ZeldaPlayer, Anthus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users