Photo

Screenshot of the Week 215

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 215 (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

billy ronald
IPB Image
wow I made this today

Migokalle
IPB Image
How did Link end up here? I mean... How did Link end up in a interior shot in SotW?! WTF?! And it's MIGO's screen?! What the HECK is going on here? Migo submitted a interior shot? Oh... my god! I'm sure he did it because Shoelace needed some shots... don't you think? Now, vote for Migo, just because his screenshot line is too awesome!

ZebraStallion
IPB Image
That Wooden Shield won't do you any good against that fireball Link, RUN!

#2 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:06 PM

Billy Ronald: I made this shot today and will porblay add more detile to it but shoelace asked for more so....

Migokalle: not up to your standarers Migo could do with more objects on the floor

ZebraStallion: one word OMG that is a solid pure DGN screen

I... well you know who I voted for.

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

billy ronald:
Nice overall feeling, but it's strange that those brush trees are packed together at a point while there's no another at the other parts (besides a quarter visible one).

Migokalle:
Good prison, nice light effects. Will that stool collapse if Link sits on it? That would teach the guard to have custom "sleeping on chair" graphics.

ZebraStallion:
WONDERFUL graphics and layout, I didn't know PTUX is able to do that, congrats! icon_thumbsup.gif I already told that I liked those walls, now I tell that I love that filled minecar. icon_thumbsup.gif icon_love.gif Vote.

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:16 PM

billy ronald - 6/10
It looks all right, although I can't find much to say about it. Good subscreen layout, although I am not sure what fills up some of the black space below the hearts.

Migokalle - 7/10
I like it a lot, although some of the walls are pretty bare. Perhaps another painting, tapestry, or other wall feature could be added to the south wall near the rug if possible. Nice work on the window and the light going through it.

ZebraStallion - 7/10
Excellent shot for functionality, and good shot for graphics. Those are great tile choices, and everything looks pretty consistent. The subscreen is also very good.

My tie breaker goes to ZebraStallion.

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

Billy, it seems like you just made a random shot, jsut to submit it... and you put all the tiles you could grasp into the shot... The result: I don't like it. icon_biggrin.gif
Me: It's absoloutley not great... but there's not much else I can do with it... I mean, I could destroy the functionality of it... just to make it look better... I would like that... but then again, it won't work with the layout of the dungeon... But then AGAIN, it IS only here, because Shoelace asked for one...

I'm voting for ZebraStallion... Cause it's the only winner this week... Really.

#6 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:21 PM

/me hasn't decided yet.

Billy Ronald: Pretty solid. I think it looks a little odd how the vegetation instantly stops short in front of the cliffs. I'm sure there are some vegetation graphics you can layer onto over the first combo of the cliffs to make the vegetation come to it tighter. It also doesn't look very foresty, translucent overhang shadows should be used here.

Migokalle: I really don't like the wall graphics, probably due to the palette. Also, the lighting from the window in the cell is really odd. you should make it more vertical light, in little light rectangles due to the shapes of the window... like in LttP.

ZebraStallion: A good dungeon screen, solid. However, nothing in it really catches my eye. All it looks like to me is all of the other fire dungeon MC screenshots. It needs something unique in it.

#7 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Nuvo @ Jun 15 2008, 09:21 PM) View Post
/me hasn't decided yet.

Billy Ronald: Pretty solid. I think it looks a little odd how the vegetation instantly stops short in front of the cliffs. I'm sure there are some vegetation graphics you can layer onto over the first combo of the cliffs to make the vegetation come to it tighter. It also doesn't look very foresty, translucent overhang shadows should be used here.

It's the very top of the froest so thats why there are no overhangs and 2 its a very samll froest so none of the screens have overhangs (just saying) (mabey I should put some more trees in)

#8 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

Billy:

X Marks the Spot!
Still not a great shot!
Its design is way too straight,
which doesn't make the screen too great.

Migo: Too empty. Kinda disappointing. I was expecting something better. icon_shrug.gif

ZS: Your shot looks like A Key to the Heavens and Shadows of Dawn collided with each other. Other than that, it's a really great dungeon shot. icon_smile.gif :Votes:

I hope your not hijacking me and Joe123's ideas! icon_razz.gif

just kidding.

Edited by TriMaster001, 15 June 2008 - 03:30 PM.

#9 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

billy ronald: Pretty good. The problem: Waaaay too dark.

Migokalle: Pretty good, but the walls are pretty plain. Work on that. And also, for God sakes, don't make such a stupid caption for your screenshot next time. >_<

ZebraStallion: Absolutely fantastic. First, you used the Deep Dungeon Walls and you used them RIGHT... Still woulda been better if the Deep Walls were styled to look like the Normal Walls, but still, not an easy feat; I speak from experience! Second you made great use of the Crusty Lava; most people just like to use the Normal PTUX Lava. More bonus points. Third, the layout of the screen is super varied and the detail is strewn about in a subtle yet proportionate manner. And finally, that fireball is a nice touch. icon_biggrin.gif I'm voting for you for sure, and furthermore I'm worried I might not be able to trump this one when SotM comes around. :o

Keep it real! icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

I like how I am blamed for "bad screens" every week. lol. I actually don't think all of these screens are bad bad. billy's is good, the design lacks a lot there, but it fits to what his vision is which is good. Migo's is good. Not SotW great, but you can see what sort of gameplay will be going on there. The design isn't perfect but it is good.

Zebra wins this week for me. He has great design, especially on the topleft part of the screen. It can be worked on a little, but it is good, and I want to play the level. icon_razz.gif

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

ZebraStallion'd this one. They're all pretty good, but a good dungeon shot is rare (imo). icon_wink.gif

#12 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

It's not blaming you... atleast not from my side :3... I'm just explaining why I entered an interior shot... and my interior shots are generally worse looking than my overworld shots.
Still, this is no excuse for bad shots... but then again :/

#13 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

No, no, I am not mad or anything. I just find it really funny. XD But your interior design is decent. Yea, it can use some work, but it isn't awful. Better than what I can do at that stage of designing.

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

Billy Ronald:

Not much going on here, but it's a solid outdoor shot. Decent subscreen. I can't see anything I'd call bad, so I voted for this one.

Migokalle:

It's not bad, but using house walls in that shape looks weird and I don't think the MC house interiors really suit the dark look you're going for. No subscreen, which isn't a horrible thing, but of course a shot always looks slightly better when it has one.

ZebraStallion:

Definitely interesting, has a decent subscreen, and most of the elements are good...except for the floor. Once again, floor borders are overused, and some floor tiles are darker than others right next to them for no reason.

Pretty decent shots all around, even if none of them are enough to floor me. icon_thumbsup.gif

#15 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, I took out the subscreen, cause I haven't made one yet :3
So it's still the old one... which I don't like :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users