The Legend of Zelda GCN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:20 AM

Thanks to Fiyerstorm for find this and posting it on AGN.

First of all, the new Zelda game is called "The Legend of Zelda: The Reins of Sorrow". You can use this to change your horse into various animals to get around the world easier. Here's teh quote.

KA Monthly recently had the chance to sit down with Nintendo producer/director Eiji Aonuma, who discussed with us some interesting details concerning the forthcoming Zelda title for the Gamecube.

The game, a sequel to 2003's smash hit The Wind Waker, will feature a new Link, one "whose personality thrives on his emotions." The game is also said to be more character-driven, with "Link having a deeper and introspective personality," one that reflects "the sheer magnitude of his determination and sense of solitude."

Gameplay elements were also discussed: "The game will feature an even larger world than the previous titles, so exploration will be the key." To traverse this vast land, Link will now have to set up camp and rely on a magical item: the reins of sorrow. "Link's new friend is a horse named Poseidon, whom he saves from drowning in a flood caused by a terrible storm. On Poseidon's back are the magical bridles, the reins of sorrow, which allow him to transform into various beings." Some 'beings' mentioned were an eagle and a wolf.

This sounds pretty cool. I can't wait until it comes out, but "The game will feature an even larger world than the previous titles"... damn. I sure hope that it doesn't include WW. icon_eek.gif But, if you get the eagle soon in the game (I'm assuming it's the warp thing in this game), I guess it won't be too bad.

But, a wolf and an eagle... still looks like a LotR copy to me, of course the game will be a lot better than EA's. icon_blah.gif

#2 Banedon

Banedon

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:35 AM

<rant>

Look at the following word: GAMECUBE.

Do you see an N anywhere in the word at all?

</rant>

Anyway, I have no interest in GC (WOW! I USED THE CORRECT ABBREVIATION FOR GAMECUBE!) games at all...I am 100% a retrogamer.

#3 Madman Mike

Madman Mike

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:15 AM

Cool, I'm looking forward to this one.

The best bit about this game is that you already know that it's going to be good because it's made by Nintendo! WHOOP-EEE!!

*Begins to jump around like a madman until someone slaps him in the face*

And a transfroming horse... WOW!!!

It should be intersting to see what this one will be like.

icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif

Edited by Madman Mike, 13 January 2005 - 08:17 AM.

#4 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, I read something like this a month ago and it wasn't sure that it was fact or a rumor. Since it came out a month ago and GCAvanced, PlanetGameCube, etc. haven't mentioned this even as a rumor, people are thinking it is a rumor. However, hopefully it is true because it sounds pretty cool. And the horse's name, Poseidon, has never been mentioned before so hopefully this is true.

Also, it was thought that Link was going to be the one turning into the animals which got people mad, however, it now says that it is the horse. So now it is starting to sound true. I am still going to take it with a grain of salt, but hopefully it is true. icon_razz.gif

#5 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:51 AM

Sounds interesting... but I may not get it for certain reasons. icon_neutral.gif

#6 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:43 PM

Fake.

#7 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:56 PM

If this is true...

I don't really like the idea of a transforming horse icon_frown.gif

#8 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Banedon @ Jan 13 2005, 09:05 AM)
<rant>

Look at the following word: GAMECUBE.

Do you see an N anywhere in the word at all?

</rant>

Anyway, I have no interest in GC (WOW! I USED THE CORRECT ABBREVIATION FOR GAMECUBE!) games at all...I am 100% a retrogamer.

No, you didn't. Months pior to the GameCube release, Nintendo released the Official abbreviation of Gamecube, being GCN. Many thought it to be NGC, as in Nintendo Gamecube, but instead they went with Gamecube Nintendo. Zing. icon_smile.gif

It's a fake though, Nintendo never rleases information like this, and especially not this early. I'll wait for E3 to find out what it's really about.

#9 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:29 PM

Though it may sound cool, I'm not 100% sure of it. It makes it sound not Zelda-ish. So, I'm gonna wait for an official report on this.

#10 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:26 PM

Sigh, it appears this is false. I assumed FiyerStorm looked into this before he posted what he said. icon_neutral.gif Oh well. I suggest the next mod to come across this to close it.

#11 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, it doesn't really sound like a Zelda game, but pretty good nonetheless. Even if it is fake, it does sound interesting. I kinda liked the name of the horse. In Greek mythology, Poseidon was the one who created the horse.

Edited by Hapkido Master, 13 January 2005 - 04:42 PM.

#12 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:51 PM

Closed due to request of creator. Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users