Favorite Voice Actor?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:07 AM

I'll bet nobody's ever started this thread before.

Who's your favorite voice actor?

Mine?
James Marsden.
user posted image

He acted in so many roles. He was in Static Shock as ... er.. that kid who wasn't Virgil, he was in Spirited Away as Haku, and he was in Fallout 2 as Myron. (Myron! Myron, baby, Myron!) And what a damn fine voice actor he is as well. Go find something of his and glue your ear to the stereo, and die there, happy.

#2 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:22 AM

I don't know. the person who does Tsukasa's voice is pretty good (for those of you who haven't watched .hack//SIGN, she/he also did the voice for Mithos in Tales of Symphonia). I can't remember her name. do you have a website where you can find that out?

[edit] Brianne Siddal is her name

I may have to listen to some anime or other cartoons to choose my favorite voice actor

Edited by link3505, 01 December 2004 - 12:27 AM.

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:20 AM

Megumi Hayashibara, no contest. icon_smile.gif

This Japanese seiyuu (voice actor) is my favorite by necessity. Why necessity? Because I repeatedly heard character roles and theme songs all voiced by her, and loved each one of them before finding out they were all done by the same person. And some of her roles are very different from eachother. She's just that good.

Sample roles:

Lina Inverse - Slayers
Lemina Ausa - Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (RPG)
Lime - Saber Marionette J and R
Rei Ayanami, and Pen Pen(!) - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Girl-type Ranma Saotome - Ranma½

...She also ALWAYS sings some of the songs used in any anime she is cast for. She usually does the opening theme, and often the ending theme, too.

...Oh, and she used to be a nurse. icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 Madman Mike

Madman Mike

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:47 AM

My favourite voice actor?
Gotta be Bruce Campbell.

He was the bloke who did the tutorials in Spider-man and Spider-man 2, he played Jake Logan in Tachyon, which is my favoirite PC game at the moment and he's done a whole load of stuff. Definatley my favourite hands down...

icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:19 AM

*chuckles* It's hard thinking of Bruce Campbell as "voice actor." In essence, they always cast him as himself, anyway. icon_wink.gif

Remember Pitfall on the PSX?...
...Yeah, I didn't think so. It was one of the games he did, and his presence was presumably the only reason to play the game.

I heard that Evil Dead game a couple of years ago was actually pretty good, though.

#6 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:52 AM

David Hayter. One of the most perfect voices in gaming, the man who voiced Solid Snake in the Metal Gear games. I'm telling you, they couldn't have found a more fitting voice, and it would be impossible to recast Snake.

#7 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Godsmacker @ Dec 1 2004, 01:52 PM)
David Hayter. One of the most perfect voices in gaming, the man who voiced Solid Snake in the Metal Gear games. I'm telling you, they couldn't have found a more fitting voice, and it would be impossible to recast Snake.

I so agree with you! David Hayter... a perfect voice actor. And the same man also did all the "EA Sports it's in the game" stuff didn't he?

#8 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:52 PM

Did he now? If so, he should be recognized for that, as that's something you hear quite a bit. Whenever people go to play an EA game, everyone in the room seems to end up saying that with the announcer. I don't think that was him, though, although I could be wrong. Personally, I just can't see Snake blow up a Hind D after jumping off a rocket and returning fire, then looking into the camera and saying "E-A-Sports... it's in the game." icon_lol.gif

#9 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(Godsmacker @ Dec 1 2004, 06:52 AM)

You beat me to it!! Curses!! Oh, well, it's mine too. Solid Snake was voiced VERY well in Twin Snakes and Sons of Liberty (I hope he does Snake's voice in Snake Eater). It sounded mysterious and at the same time, serious.

"I remember! First I'm stripped searched by Dr. Naomi here, then all my weapons are taken away! Imagine yourself in that possition!" "I'll hold you to that. By the way, sorry to disappoint you, but I did manage to smuggle out my smokes." "In my stomach. Thanks to the shot you gave me that surpressed my stomach acids." "You never know."

I like how David Hayter siad those lines. Mysteriously honest, and how he said it with confidence that the smokes would help him. And they did, since I forgot to get the Thermal Goggles, and I used the cigs to see the laser beams in the Hanger.

#10 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:50 PM

The guy who does "aaah, toriya etc." for Link in the Zelda games. =P no..how about Kimura Akiko. Voice actor of Megaman in Rockman Exe (anime)

#11 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(Godsmacker @ Dec 1 2004, 08:22 AM)

Definately. Though, Cam Clarke (The guy who did Liquid Snake in MGS:TTT, and Kratos in Tales of Symphonia) is great too.

Edited by IaN, 01 December 2004 - 05:11 PM.

#12 Zelda_Glory

Zelda_Glory

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:17 PM

(Note that I added Hotspots to the various voice actor's / actress' biographies from Anime News Network, if you want to see more about your favorite voice actor/actress)

Link3505 said:
Brianne Siddal is her name

I may have to listen to some anime or other cartoons to choose my favorite voice actor

Brianne Siddal also did the voice of James Hawking in Outlaw Star, as well as many other incidental and fill-in voices for a large number of anime, most recently seen as the lame boy in the first episode of Wolf's Rain.

Godsmacker said:

David Hayter was also best noted for his voice-over work in Fushigi Yuugi: The Mysterious Play as Tamahome. He came back as Tamahome for the Fushigi Yuugi OVA series, and the ANN bio also notes that he was the main character in the live-action Guyver 2: Dark Hero.

Some of my favorites:

Amanda Winn Lee: She has a great range of voice, and did many famous roles for ADV and a few others, including these:
- Gally (Battle Angel)
- Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- Mimiru (.hack://SIGN)
- Nancy "Ms. Deep" Matahari (Read or Die)

Hillary Haag: She has done a lot of interesting characters in her anime career:
- Chloe (Noir)
- Karinka (Steel Angel Kurumi)
- Menchi the dog (Excel Saga)
- The Fish (Puni Puni Poemy)

Bill Timoney: Most well known as his psuedonym Billy Regan, and has been best known for his role as Parn in Record of Lodoss War, as well as many other incidental voices for animes such as Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star.
------------------------------------------
My all time favorite is:

Frank Welker, who has been called the "hardest working man in the movie business". Along with some voices for 80's cartoons, most notably The Original Transformers, he can be heard anywhere you hear an animal on video -- from the monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark to Abu the Monkey in Disney's Aladdin. (His list of credits really does speak for itself. icon_smile.gif )

Edited by Zelda_Glory, 01 December 2004 - 05:20 PM.

#13 Leehalt Alcaste

Leehalt Alcaste

Recipient of Ways

• Members
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada (or to be geeky and in character, Yggdrasil Generator)

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:28 AM

Crispin Freeman. He's the voice behind the madman Albedo from XS:Episode 1, as well as Albel the Wicked from SO:TTEOT.

#14 Zelda_Glory

Zelda_Glory

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Leehalt Alcaste @ Dec 2 2004, 09:28 AM)
Crispin Freeman. He's the voice behind the madman Albedo from XS:Episode 1, as well as Albel the Wicked from SO:TTEOT.

I like him, too.

On TV, he's currently voicing Togusa in Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex. (Before that, he was voicing Tsume in Wolf's Rain)

BH4:

It isn't James Marsden who was in Spirited Away, but Jason Marsden (his brother, I think).

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(Takuya @ Dec 1 2004, 02:50 PM)
The guy who does "aaah, toriya etc." for Link in the Zelda games. =P no..how about Kimura Akiko. Voice actor of Megaman in Rockman Exe (anime)

The guy who did Adult Link in OoT also did Nightmare in both Soul Calibur games. That meant he was double-cast for the Gamecube edition. icon_biggrin.gif It's fun to listen to Nightmare and Link fight, because of that. icon_wink.gif

Nightmare: "Kinjo wo.... SASAGE YO!!!"
Link: "SORIYA!"
*Double ringout*
Both: "UWAAAAAAAA....."

QUOTE(Leehalt Alcaste @ Dec 2 2004, 06:28 AM)

He was horrible as Zelgadis in Slayers. Mostly horribly cast. He sounded like a game show host.

"And now let's see what's behind door number one, folks!! It's a...BRAAAAAAM BLAZEEEERR!!!!...."

He was pretty good as the lead role in Chobits. Those are the only two places I've heard him. However, a friend of mine has actually talked with him via email, and said he wasn't very nice. Crispin Freeman was a regular on one of the older Slayers mailing lists. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Radien, 02 December 2004 - 06:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users