Blobbo's Adventure Release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#16 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:34 AM

I gotta tell you Happyman, ... I'm pretty darn impressed. icon_wink.gif Your level worksmanship is phenominal. A few questions, if I may.

1) In the first area with the blocks that you stomp, (May have been either 1-4 or 1-5.) there is a lower area that you get to from the wall-jump area above, with sand and woodblocks two squares below them. What's down there? icon_odd2.gif I jumped around a lot there in case of hidden treasures, but there weren't any. Maybe when I beat the game, that area will have something cool.
2) I'm at the very end of 2-1. (I've been repeatedly going about this the wrong way.) That help message at the end. Is it wrong? I mean, is it trying to deceive you in making a slide-jump to gain more momentum so your jumps are higher? Because what I think I have to do now, is first remove that wooden block, then slide-jump back to the jumpad and go back up and around, slide under the spikes and wall-jump from the slide up onto the little white things. That should do it, I suppose. .. I probably have over two hundred deaths in this level. icon_sweat.gif That's about one hundred times my total death count in the entire level one. icon_biggrin.gif ... Wow.

#17 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Oct 20 2004, 10:34 AM)
I gotta tell you Happyman, ... I'm pretty darn impressed. icon_wink.gif  Your level worksmanship is phenominal.  A few questions, if I may.

1)  In the first area with the blocks that you stomp, (May have been either 1-4 or 1-5.) there is a lower area that you get to from the wall-jump area above, with sand and woodblocks two squares below them.  What's down there? icon_odd2.gif  I jumped around a lot there in case of hidden treasures, but there weren't any.  Maybe when I beat the game, that area will have something cool.
2)  I'm at the very end of 2-1.  (I've been repeatedly going about this the wrong way.)  That help message at the end.  Is it wrong?  I mean, is it trying to deceive you in making a slide-jump to gain more momentum so your jumps are higher?  Because what I think I have to do now, is first remove that wooden block, then slide-jump back to the jumpad and go back up and around, slide under the spikes and wall-jump from the slide up onto the little white things.  That should do it, I suppose.  .. I probably have over two hundred deaths in this level. icon_sweat.gif  That's about one hundred times my total death count in the entire level one. icon_biggrin.gif ... Wow.

1) 1-4 you mean. BH4, try playing 1-1 again. You might just figure out what's down there. icon_wink.gif

2) Yes, destroy the cracked block first. After that, what you do is slide, slidejump as soon as you can, then do wall jumps. The spring leads to... well, play 1-1 again and you'll know.

Dustminion, what part of 4-1? I assume the beginning since it's probably the hardest. Try doing slidewalljumps, makes it much easier.

#18 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 08:26 PM

Holy cow, how did this topic get so deep on the thread list? icon_odd2.gif It's uncanny.

Well, I'm very impressed so far. My death count is in the upper thousands, (Somewhere around 1,726. I'm keeping a tally. You owe me $5.35 for paper.) I'm on 4-1 at the moment. Man, this really IS impossible. icon_odd2.gif I finally figured out how to get past the initial part of the level, and now I just have to wall-jump to the lower right area of the level. Any tips? icon_shrug.gif

You really have to make this game easier. icon_sweat.gif I mean, seriously. There's only so much you can stand. :\

(But if it makes you feel any better, folks, Happyman probably had to verify that each level was possible. icon_wink.gif That means he has many, many more deaths than we do. icon_biggrin.gif icon_lol.gif )

#19 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Oct 23 2004, 08:26 PM)
(But if it makes you feel any better, folks, Happyman probably had to verify that each level was possible. icon_wink.gif  That means he has many, many more deaths than we do. icon_biggrin.gif icon_lol.gif )

Not me. My testers did though. icon_biggrin.gif

As to getting to the bottom right, slide in such a way that you're almost not moving when you go off the edge (this is just past the red locks), then jump over the spike.

#20 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:14 AM

I still haven't gotten past World 3. icon_razz.gif
But, you see, I would have problems with this type of game for several reasons.
1. I'm not the best at platformer games. I'm okay at Platformer shooters, but plain platformers... I'm an Apprentice.
2. I've never played a platformer like this. You keep refering to "Jumper", I've never played it. icon_razz.gif
3. I suck. icon_razz.gif

#21 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Oct 25 2004, 06:14 AM)
You keep refering to "Jumper", I've never played it. icon_razz.gif

Heh. icon_razz.gif Basically a platformer of a similar design. Though it's extremely difficult (I'm of the opinion Blobbo's Adventure is harder though), you can start from whatever level you left off on, and your deaths are going to go to the 1000s pretty fast. A level in Jumper 2 took, for most people who have beaten it, over 500 tries to beat it (9-2, for those who played it but didn't know what I was talking about).

Edited by Happyman, 25 October 2004 - 07:07 AM.

#22 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:33 AM

... icon_blink.gif ... icon_odd2.gif ... WTF! Don't EVER mention 9-2 to Jumperfans EVER! icon_eek.gif ( icon_razz.gif ) That level both rocked my socks and owned my socks all at the same time. (Rowned, if you will.) Only took me 100+/- tries to beat it. icon_shrug.gif ... I still say your 4-1 is bloody 'ell, Happyman. ... In all seriousness, can you PLEASE put in some kind of a cheat or something? icon_wacky.gif (NOTE: Actual expression.)

Or AT LEAST make a playback of the level? .. That would be greatly appreciated! ^_^

#23 Dustminion

Dustminion

Shouri da nasu!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:16 PM

Woo! I'm at level 5-2 right now. I can't seem to get the key without ramming myself in the spikes, though. Lemme try again.

#24 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:32 AM

... Happyman? ... May I request a playback of 4-1? I really can't figure out that first "real" spike area. (Yes, it's the first place you deal with non-appearing spikes, probably involving wall-jumps.) Many thank You's.

.. And is there any reward for beating all the levels?

#25 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:34 AM

I also want a replay of 4-1... I don't know how to get past the first part.

#26 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:36 AM

Oh, at least that's possible! O_O *lol* .. Yeah, basically, ... go into the middle of the buttons, as usual, then land on the rebuilt red thing, all the way on the right. Then wall jump to the left, then to the right, just above the invisible spikes. That should set you on the right path.

#27 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:14 PM

http://happyman.250f...2completion.zip

The zip contains replays showing how to complete both 4-1 and 5-2. icon_wink.gif

BH4, the only flaw I see with your method is that the part you're describing is SO much easier if you do a slide-wall-jump. Makes it much easier to cover the distance that you need.

#28 Dustminion

Dustminion

Shouri da nasu!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

Ehehe, should've mentioned it earlier, but I got past 5-2 days ago! icon_razz.gif Right now, I'm on 5-5.

#29 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:23 PM

... icon_blink.gif ... Slide-wall-jump? ... I assume you've done that in the replay? And by distance, you mean the distance early on in the level when getting out of that pit full of those appearing spikes?

#30 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:20 PM

Here's a replay of me completing 5-5.

BH4: The slide-wall-jump is what I did in the replay. Using it gets a whole lot more speed, making it easier to do that first part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users