Ballad of a Bloodline DX help thread

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#76 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:53 PM

I found a complete and utter game-breaking bug.  I'm 28 hours in and now I've lost everything.

I was in the modern-city version of what used to be my home.  I went into the E-library and stumbled upon the cut-scene with the long story.  I had seen it already and didn't want to sit through it again, so I hit F-6 during the story.

From that point on, the game restarted on me, except I had all my medals and all my triforce pieces, and all my equipment.  Except I was back at the beginning, back in the original times before the apocalypse.  I think, sadly, that's it for me.  I'm done.

That happened to me too. I was able to revert  because I hadn't saved in awhile. I lost a bit of progress but was able to keep playing.

#77 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:47 AM

Is Steaming System  level 2 ?

Edited by Lukaz, 08 December 2018 - 08:52 AM.

#78 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

0GFIRm9.png

I was able to walk around and not pay anything here. Was this intentional? If not then there is no way back if you don't have the money and don't want to pay the heart.

Just FYI, I was also able to walk along the perimeter wall in Dynamo's rooms in each of the IW dungeons without paying anything - not just in Beamos Barracks.

Is Steaming System  level 2 ?

Yes.

Edited by Marv Albert, 08 December 2018 - 10:13 AM.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#79 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:12 PM

I found a complete and utter game-breaking bug.  I'm 28 hours in and now I've lost everything.

I was in the modern-city version of what used to be my home.  I went into the E-library and stumbled upon the cut-scene with the long story.  I had seen it already and didn't want to sit through it again, so I hit F-6 during the story.

From that point on, the game restarted on me, except I had all my medals and all my triforce pieces, and all my equipment.  Except I was back at the beginning, back in the original times before the apocalypse.  I think, sadly, that's it for me.  I'm done.

I think if you can go to portal to IW on Hyrule, can back to IW soon, and didn't lose any progress on IW.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 08 December 2018 - 11:15 PM.

#80 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:40 AM

I guess the quest isn't really prepared for F6ing during a cutscene. ;-)

You could go to the portal which you used to go to the Inverted World if I'm not mistaken to go back to the Inverted World, like Stay Sheep suggested. I hope that helps.

Just FYI, I was also able to walk along the perimeter wall in Dynamo's rooms in each of the IW dungeons without paying anything - not just in Beamos Barracks.

I suppose I simply forgot to do something about these now I checked a rule that removes the solid part of the upper half of the screen while a string is playing. Funny how nobody noticed this while testing, including myself.

#81 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:44 PM

I think if you can go to portal to IW on Hyrule, can back to IW soon, and didn't lose any progress on IW.

Actually, yes - I was going to try this.  The problem is that it reverted me to so early in the game, I'm not even allowed to leave town yet.  But I'll give it a shot.

#82 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

Ah... So it must've been on the same dmap as the intro stuff.

I doubt I can easily fix it, but I'll have look, so it can't happen again in the future.

Thanks for your patience. If it really doesn't work out I'll make a fix for you somehow.

#83 Retro Gamer

Retro Gamer

The Game Master

• Members

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:09 PM

Speaking of bugs I ran into two when I was doing a copy save for walk through purposes. There is a gold rupee in one of the underground single rooms where you have to kill all enemies to get the reward. Its in Hyrule Field near the graveyard and as I existed through the portal tile it placed me within the pond with no way of getting out. Its a minor bug as all I had to do was press up and A on the item menu to get out of it. I also ran into a bug at the start when go through the dialogue when having the FPS on super speed by pressing F1. It literally took me to the ending once I existed the house and how I completed the game in 11 minutes LOL. Damn does this put the ALTTP glitch in Hyrule Castle at the start to shame in terms of how fast you could glitch through the entire adventure. 

#84 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

Ah... So it must've been on the same dmap as the intro stuff.

I doubt I can easily fix it, but I'll have look, so it can't happen again in the future.

Thanks for your patience. If it really doesn't work out I'll make a fix for you somehow.

Yeah, I figured it was something that wouldn't be trivial.

Anyway, the suggestion above worked.  I was eventually able to leave town and walked back to the portal and now everything's back as it was.

thanks!

#85 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:10 PM

Speaking of bugs I ran into two when I was doing a copy save for walk through purposes. There is a gold rupee in one of the underground single rooms where you have to kill all enemies to get the reward. Its in Hyrule Field near the graveyard and as I existed through the portal tile it placed me within the pond with no way of getting out. Its a minor bug as all I had to do was press up and A on the item menu to get out of it. I also ran into a bug at the start when go through the dialogue when having the FPS on super speed by pressing F1. It literally took me to the ending once I existed the house and how I completed the game in 11 minutes LOL. Damn does this put the ALTTP glitch in Hyrule Castle at the start to shame in terms of how fast you could glitch through the entire adventure. 

You mean the same ending that you would get by playing through the entire game? Just because if you got a certain another, it's not exactly a glitch, though I indeed didn't calculate with the speedup thing:

Spoiler

#86 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

How do I get to the boss in Nightmare B2 dungeon. It says i need to use two non-sword item at same time. I have tried to combine bombs and different items but nothing works / Lukaz

Edited by Lukaz, 11 December 2018 - 11:56 AM.

#87 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

How do I get to the boss in Nightmare B2 dungeon. It says i need to use two non-sword item at same time. I have tried to combine bombs and different items but nothing works / Lukaz

So i assume you found the dungeon item?
You could try that item but you have to find both of them.

#88 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

I have the ice wand......should I also have the fire wand........where can I find it  / Lukaz

#89 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:00 PM

I have the ice wand......should I also have the fire wand........where can I find it / Lukaz

Ah good you have the ice part and yes now just the fire part,sadly i dont remember the location of it,nightmare lvl for me is nightmare.

Edit:hm the fire part of the rod should be in nightmare B2

Edited by judasrising, 11 December 2018 - 04:37 PM.

#90 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:05 AM

Where is the map/compass in Plant Pond?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users