Jump to content

Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.


  • Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#661 vravelo

vravelo

    I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

  • Members
  • Real Name:mayembe
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:FROM FAR BEYOND...!

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:05 PM

hi shadow.. I was missing this chat.. our chat'' well, first bug,, first.! as I told you started playing,(no cheats,) you go up to deku tree and get the sword,, well that's it'' when I come back to  the house,after saving on that statue,,, that's it, can't go any farther, all exits are blocked and I got stocked on that area,'' this is that last update to this quest, downloaded four days ago from your place...l' be back in a few.  nice talking top ya. :puppyeyes:

downloaded the game one more time to sure,, but nah' just don't work



#662 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

    Vocal percussion on a whole 'nother level

  • Members
  • Gender:Unspecified

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:00 PM

Which version of ZC are you playing it in? I'm going to see about upgrading the version to ZC 2.5.3 soon just so we're all on the same page. I'll link to the thread I download the version from when I get to it.

Luckily there's no deadline for anything here, so there's no rush to fix or play anything.

EDIT: I'm playing it in ZC 2.5.3 Release 2 and it seems to be behaving perfectly fine. :shrug: I started a new file and everything. Works great.

Just in case, download ((The link is replaced with the verson at the bottom of this post)) version of DoY and replace whatever file you have with it, and erase your save file for DoY and start over. I'd like to see how far you get.
 

I was missing this chat.. our chat'' well, first bug,, first.! as I told you started playing,(no cheats,) you go up to deku tree and get the sword,, well that's it'' when I come back to the house,after saving on that statue,,, that's it, can't go any farther, all exits are blocked and I got stocked on that area,''

I'm really not getting this behavior. "All exits are blocked," I'm not seeing at all. I can go back up into the Deku Tree from the save point in the rain in front of Link's house and enter that nightmare statue (whatever the heck it is) and go to the waking world. I can save in front of the statue in the waking world too, and continue from there just fine as well. No bug here, I think...?

-----------------

EDIT: I need y'all to redownload the quest from here. I just fixed up the final area so it all works. I removed all of the fancy triggers and made it more linear. I only touched the boss rooms and the way tou get into those boss rooms, as well as adding a boss key. There are none of those silly "Event Triggers" things with that Trigger enemy. Just a whole bunch of duplicate screens, setting rooms to Interior, etc. Heck, the boss key actually flies away at some point. O.o

Go download it! :D

#663 SofaKing

SofaKing

    Defender

  • Members
  • Real Name:John
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Duluth, MN

Posted Yesterday, 01:04 PM

Do you have plans to do much more or is this version more or less "final?"


  • ShadowTiger likes this

#664 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

    Vocal percussion on a whole 'nother level

  • Members
  • Gender:Unspecified

Posted Yesterday, 01:45 PM

Eh, it's never final, really. I'm always touching up little things and adding additions to it.

What I really wanted was a bug-free experience. So far I think it's probably 99% bug-free, and I'm honestly just guessing about the remaining 1%. I play through it often enough, and if I find a bug, I squash it right there and then. But I do need to do another play-through of it just to be sure.

My next goal is to work with the subscreen and the dungeon maps. I'm not quite a fan of how they work at the moment.

But sure, you can indeed download the most recent version from the Dropbox above. Use the official ZC 2.5.3 Release 2 version of ZC, whose link is also in one of my previous two posts.


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users