Enemy Teamwork?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MegaX

MegaX

Leader of Omega GamingHunters101

• Members

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:37 PM

This is a burning question that I’ve had for a short time now. I really don’t think this is possible in ZC but I ask for an answer anyway. Can you script enemies to work together to defeat the player? I don’t know how else I can word this, keeping track of one enemy state/current situation/behavior and another enemy acting accordingly based on that? I don’t know. I don’t think this is possible but I want to know anyway.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:59 PM

It's possible, yes, but it'd be a whole lot of work. The easiest way would probably be to fake it by having enemies fire weapons at Link at the same time, or occasionally try to move at him from opposite sides to pin him. It'd require rescripting most enemies though, and outside a few cases, it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth, considering that, with a few exceptions, ZC enemies work better as moving obstacles, and having every enemy on screen specifically target you can get overwhelming really quickly.

#3 MegaX

MegaX

Leader of Omega GamingHunters101

• Members

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:01 PM

Wow! It is possible! Alright... don’t worry though. I’ve got my ways. It’ll give me a few boss ideas later down the line.

Edited by MegaX, 13 April 2019 - 01:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users