Photo

DarkMatt's "Fun in the Sun" 8-bit Extraordinaire!

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#1 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

UPDATE: The sequel's out! If you liked getting thrashed by the first Fun in the Sun, you'll like how the second one treats you even more!

"Fun in the Sun" is the product of me taking advantage of 2.5's new and extremely useful features with a side of fooling around. Since PureZC doesn't accept 2.5 quests and Zelda Classic is getting...umm...treatment, it's going to be hosted on mediafire for the time being.

It's your basic Zelda Classic quest, go to 8 levels to get to the last level and beat that to win the game. There's not much to this, it's just a nice enjoyable 2.5 classic quest. No need to let story get in the way.

Feel free to leave your thanks & cries for help here but I probably won't be around to reply back, so, good luck!

Well enough of this, here's the quest itself.
Here is a Mediafire mirror in case ZCrealm drops for any reason.
(I have no idea why I decided to keep these links up when the latest version is on the site. Well I fixed that. Find this quest with the other 2.5 quests.)
It SHOULD work on any recent 2.5 build and any builds in the future. But give me a ring if it doesn't.

You shouldn't go snooping around in this thread because it WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS. This quest is best enjoyed blind.

Here's some pictures in case you need convincing.

zelda005.gifzelda001.gif
I got this too if you want a video as well.

Edited by Darkmatt, 22 June 2013 - 01:35 AM.

#2 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

This seems to be fun, I like classic quests, seems to be quite challening also, but I wish you could have activated "fast scrolling" icon_unsettled.gif

#3 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

Looks nice, have started playing. But I can´t get bombs, why ?, and what is that blue little thing in the first shop that costs 8 r ? - I, m using 1266-player. icon_unsettled.gif

#4 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Jun 13 2010, 04:21 PM) View Post

Looks nice, have started playing. But I can´t get bombs, why ?, and what is that blue little thing in the first shop that costs 8 r ? - I, m using 1266-player. icon_unsettled.gif

Small magic refill. icon_razz.gif

You need a bomb bag to carry bombs, you will find it in level 1.

Edited by cosmofield, 13 June 2010 - 10:09 AM.

#5 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 13 2010, 09:08 AM) View Post

Small magic refill. icon_razz.gif

You need a bomb bag to carry bombs, you will find it in level 1.

Yes, I suspected that and I have found the bomb bag icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by Lukaz, 13 June 2010 - 10:15 AM.

#6 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

The pictures look very nice. I haven't started playing yet, but I'll tell you what I think of it when I do.

(I really like the 1st picture icon_smile.gif)

#7 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(ShimmeringFlames @ Jun 13 2010, 09:14 AM) View Post

The pictures look very nice. I haven't started playing yet, but I'll tell you what I think of it when I do.

(I really like the 1st picture icon_smile.gif)

Any idea about the white sword ?
- Never mind, found it icon_smile.gif

Edited by Lukaz, 13 June 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#8 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

I think I could need a clue to open this door. icon_neutral.gif

IPB Image

#9 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 13 2010, 12:12 PM) View Post

I think I could need a clue to open this door. icon_neutral.gif

IPB Image

Same here. I have tried a lot of combinations but nothing works. It takes to much time of the game. I hope the author can give us a little help icon_unsettled.gif

#10 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

I have played through it so far and think it's good... but I have the same problem as Lukaz and cosmofield. Hmm...

#11 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(ShimmeringFlames @ Jun 13 2010, 08:49 PM) View Post

I have played through it so far and think it's good... but I have the same problem as Lukaz and cosmofield. Hmm...

I solved the puzzle, it was not so hard. Finished level 3, visited all rooms but still have one key in my inventory, maybe I missed something. icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by cosmofield, 13 June 2010 - 05:42 PM.

#12 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:31 PM

Someone bugged me on YouTube, so here I am again. Seeing a lot of questions that quickly gets answered. It just seems like all you need is exploration. Search around for info huts. They exist and they're rather useful.

For the folks in this thread, good luck with Levels 4 and 5. I hope you've gotten the proper equipment to fire arrows.

#13 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

This quest is quite fun, completed level 1 to 4 now but still no boomerang? I didn't found the map in level 4 and there's a room in level 3 filled with water, maybe need to return there at a later progress. icon_unsettled.gif

#14 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 14 2010, 07:31 AM) View Post

This quest is quite fun, completed level 1 to 4 now but still no boomerang? I didn't found the map in level 4 and there's a room in level 3 filled with water, maybe need to return there at a later progress. icon_unsettled.gif

Cosmo, I can´t find out the combination of the puzzle in level 3. Please PM me the solution icon_cry.gif

#15 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

Nice use of the classic set. I'll play it when I get the chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users