Photo

Screenshot of the Week 224

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 224 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite shot

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

Is it me, or have I seen these shots before?

#17 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

It's just you. icon_biggrin.gif

Migo- The house is great, and the screen is well designed. The one flaw I find in it is that I really hate the palette, it's so dull.

TMS- the detail is nothing special and the design is dead-end, but I suppose those screens have to exist. But you did what you could with the shot and if you just sit back and casually look at it it's aesthetically pleasing.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 19 August 2008 - 01:35 PM.

#18 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

icon_smile.gif
Well, you guys are welcome to make me a new palette :/
It's supposed to be a cold mountain, but not cold enough for snow... daytime...

#19 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

If I didn't suck at making palettes, I might take you up on that. icon_biggrin.gif Thing is, I'm not much of an artist, I'm more of a designer, so I'm pretty much stuck with presets... Sorry, why don't you try some other DoR palettes? I'm sure one of them would fit your need without being so dull.

#20 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

Wow, once again, I suck in SotW! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, I too hate it when people say "Pure's overused" or "DoR is overused" or something like that. When people say that it makes me feel like I'm being stupid for trying to put my creativity into someone's art style, preferably WildBill and Mr. Z for Pure...

And the sad thing is, using Pure is probably the reason why I'm getting so little votes. icon_shrug.gif

#21 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Aug 19 2008, 04:37 AM) View Post

Okay, this is NOT because I don't respect your opinion. I do. But I HATe it when people say that "DoR is overused" or "Pure is overused".
If it's so god damn horrible, make yourself a new one!
A good thing CANNOT be overused. A bad thing shouldn't be used. That's how it is...

LiH's shot would have gotten my vote. It's simply amazing... AND it's classic! It's amazingly classic icon_biggrin.gif

Migo, I was not flaming your shot.
I was just saying that It doesn't catch my eye, like it used too. icon_wacky.gif

#22 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

I never said you where... but you said that DoR was overused... that's what made me write my post... not because you didn't vote for me... that isn't important icon_biggrin.gif

#23 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

I think comparing an over-used tileset can be compared to a popular game. Hey, maybe everyone isn't good at SSBB, but they still have the right to play it and practice to get better... get what I'm saying? The point is that just because the tileset is over-used doesn't mean that "OMG automatically this shot sucks because the tileset is over-used".

#24 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

Who cares if a tileset is overused? Hey look at the previous SotWs almost all of the winning shots use DoR 2.0 and nobody until now complains.

#25 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

I like the classic shot LostInHyrule ... good stuff!!! You work magic with that tileset.

#26 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

Just release the quest already Migo! Blarg! >_<

#27 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

I voted LostInHyru1e. His shot isn't cliche and is nice and clean. Too bad it's rather JPeg-ey.

#28 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

Uhhh, Lost...
IPB ImageIPB Image
Inspiration? icon_deformed.gif
LostInHyrule- 7/10
I feel like the palette is too in your face, and that it should be more subdued and a little darker. Otherwise good design.
Migokalle-7/10
Old shot, but still pretty good. Never really liked the palette for this area though...
TheMasterSwordsman- 7/10
It's simple, but it also looks good. I think that some more details in the middle would be nice- nut otherwise, a solid shot.
ZeeLiam- 4/10
Your palette modifications didn't turn out too well. On the whole, it's just not very appealing. icon_unsettled.gif

Anyways, I decided to go with Lost, because out of the three sevens, his seemed the freshest to me. Good job to all our contestants this week. icon_thumbsup.gif

EDIT: And I tied it... crap.

#29 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

Actually, I got inspiration from this shot.

Clicky.

icon_biggrin.gif

But yeah, they are similar. I haven't seen that shot since the screenshot of the week a long time ago when you entered it, but I guess I sort of tried to emulate it a bit from memory. But all the colors and stuff I made myself.

By the way... SUSPENSE.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 23 August 2008 - 10:42 PM.

#30 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:52 PM

They do look alike, but he probably didn't copy you. There are SO many screenshots that look alike nowadays because there aren't enough new ideas. ZC has been around for a while now and people have been eating up ideas, so shots tend to look alike now.

Still, Lost has a really good shot there and I voted for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users