Yuurand: The Living Labyrinth

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

I've been hinting a major update to Yuurand for quite a while now, so it's about time to announce what we've been working on. Introducing, Yuurand: The Living Labyrinth, an update so big, it might as well be a new game. And the theme of the day is new everything! New labyrinth, new story, new characters, new challenge areas, new bosses, and more!

NEW MAP
Introducing the Living Labyrinth, a new, full-sized labyrinth that takes the artstyle of the Yuurand set in a brand new, outdoor-inspired direction! New asthetics and new mechanics await!

SBXeswS.pngSxeiPs5.png

NEW STORIES
Four more characters, Dracus, Autimecia, Eli, and Desio, now have story modes. The former two have just the kind of silly tale you'd imagine, while the latter two have a more complex tale specifically written with the Living Labyrinth in mind.

rvo1f0v.pngp5m3PHV.png

NEW CHARACTERS
Well first off, Eli and Desio, formerly secret characters, are now publicly revealed and have been added to the character select menu. Eli weilds an elemental gun which changes based off coins and can be aimed with the mouse, while Desio can create an illusory doppelganger to draw enemy fire while he slips away unharmed.

tWMHC7F.pngHUsLzLp.png

Of course, to offset these two no longer being secret, new characters have been hidden behind the speedrun and low% challenges (if you've already completed these challenges, we'll gladly PM you the character names). Additionally, another new character has been hidden behind the story. Their abilities are well worth discovering them.

i5FDGOS.png

Additionally, we've fixed up some of the less-good characters to bring them up to par with the rest of the pack. The changes include:
-Zephyr's Rainy West Wind is now functional and costs less MP.
-Xaya takes less damage.
-Caelan's Flame Dash no longer has a cooldown, takes less magic, and releases more fire.
-Emily's sound wave now fires Homing Bow projectiles. Her signature has been replaced with the Ice Bow, which freezes enemies into blocks which can be pushed into other enemies.
-Eli's ice shot now damages enemies while freezing them into ice blocks much like Ice Bow.
-Autimecia now has five randomized upgrades, obtained at 10, 30, 50, 70, and 80 coins.
-The Evasion Challenge character has had certain attacks modified so that they no longer kill a boss in 10 seconds, but now leave him less vulnerable

NEW CHALLENGE AREAS
One of the most requested featues we got was to add challenge areas based off the second half of Hitodama. Well, we listened.

ejeG6yB.pngyfusj44.png

In addition, if you're tired of playing the same old challenge areas again and just wanna get straight to the point, we now have the option to replace these areas with arenas. Fight through waves of enemies, and the Cursed Soul is yours; no need to hunt through a full dungeon.

n1lyDUj.pngOAytYTx.png

Explanation of the new menu options for challenge areas

NEW BOSSES
Another complaint we received was that challenge areas that didn't end in a boss fight had an anticlimactic enemy rush. We've remedied this with 8 new minibosses to fight.

Mh5Lyxa.pngUS6Infj.png

Additionally, there may be one other new boss that slipped in somewhere...

Yuurand: The Living Labyrinth is available for download right now! Just be sure to redownload the music (or grab just the new songs for the update here), as we've added several new tracks to complement the new areas, stories, and bosses.
  • Shane, Eddy, Aevin and 3 others like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:46 AM

When I first saw this, I thought it was an expo entry that didn't get hidden >.> Either way, this looks nice. You guys have put a lot of work into this quest series, and I'm sure this is another solid entry/ expansion. :)

• Russ likes this

#3 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:50 AM

Oh...when you said new content, you meant this.

I need to finish the other game

like now.

• Russ and Aevin like this

#4 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:17 PM

When I find some time, I may attempt streaming my playthrough.
  • Russ, Avaro and Aevin like this

#5 patgarret

patgarret

An old player

• Members

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

From the forgotten labyrinth it is not possible to come back! I die  after 5 seconds in the water.

Edited by patgarret, 19 October 2018 - 03:32 PM.

#6 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:21 PM

From the forgotten labyrinth it is not possible to come back! I die  after 5 seconds in the water.

you mean the part whit the acid ? i clear it today whitout troubles in enter and exit from the area, i select the arena option so this zone  was little  just 3 screens

I had a trouble too, in the second screen for 2 times after i kill the enemies the doors don't open, i had the impression that few foes was stuck in the walls but no visible, so i quit use float for cast Thunder,in this short contact whit acid  the damage was really great, but it worked, another Group of foes pop out ad i trash them

Fortunately there was not acid in the 3° screen

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:40 PM

To come back, you just need to stand on the middle of the warp pad for a few seconds.

#8 patgarret

patgarret

An old player

• Members

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:26 AM

To come back, you just need to stand on the middle of the warp pad for a few seconds.

I know it, but I die before warping. TIme is not enough.

Edited by patgarret, 20 October 2018 - 04:13 AM.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:02 AM

I know it, but I die before warping. TIme is not enough.

O_o

That sounds... odd. Do you have Bubble? Even if you don't, you should have a solid thirty seconds of air under water. If not, something must have gone wrong with the air meter. I'll look into this, and if I can spot a bug, I'll have an update to fix it up later today.

To help me figure out what's going on, could you tell me what labyrinth you're playing on (Yuurei, Yuurand, or Living) and what character you're using?

#10 patgarret

patgarret

An old player

• Members

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

O_o

That sounds... odd. Do you have Bubble? Even if you don't, you should have a solid thirty seconds of air under water. If not, something must have gone wrong with the air meter. I'll look into this, and if I can spot a bug, I'll have an update to fix it up later today.

To help me figure out what's going on, could you tell me what labyrinth you're playing on (Yuurei, Yuurand, or Living) and what character you're using?

I'm playing Yuurand, I don't have Bubble, charachter is Lucas or Eli.

Edited by patgarret, 20 October 2018 - 11:28 AM.

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:02 PM

Oh, I see what the problem is. The breath meter isn't being filled properly on that specific arena. I just uploaded an update to fix that bug. Download it and it should work properly again. Sorry for the hassle.

#12 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

I'm in the Sixth Area...shouldn't destroying the Plant Cores remove vines over the dungeon? Other than a secret chime...nothing seems to happen...and I can't really proceed. Guess I'll explore other areas...there's nothing left to do here.

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

The vines are only removed once all four of the small floras are destroyed. You should be able to destroy all four and move on to the next are for now.
  • Epsalon ZX likes this

#14 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:33 PM

Did I miss one then? Or is it all in one life perhaps?

In venter Mortis...it seems I can still lose life while standing on the changing platforms. I could be mistaken though.
(Ps....this music is from Space Terrania...a Sega Genesis game I really enjoyed...thanks for the nostalgia :) )

(Edit...it wasn't the changing platforms. It was a full tile that appeared to be safe)

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 25 October 2018 - 06:38 PM.

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:50 PM

Did I miss one then? Or is it all in one life perhaps?

It's not all in one life. The four locations are...
- From the start, go right, down twice, and left.
- From the start again, go right twice. It's in the room directly ahead, but to reach it, you must go right, up, up, down, and left.
- From there, go right and up twice.
- From there, go down and right.

That'll clear out most of the vines. The few remaining vines are eliminated by killing the Big Flora, but you have to take a detour through another area to reach it.

As for the tile that damages you in Venter Mortis... that is odd. What screen is it? Are you sure you were on the tile? Your safety is determined by whether or not your feet are on the platform. If you're still counted as being in the poison, you'll see shallow water ripples around you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users