• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 December 2021 - 11:05 PM

switching to semi-monthly post formats instead of the "megathread" format because this isn't reddit i doubt this will have much of an impact on the content generation though ha ha ha

anyhow here is the latest progress!

first off, dialogue is a thing now, and there is some semblance of a plot in this quest! still working on that but in the meantime here's a few screenshots to show off the dialogue system, courtesy of moosh's NPC scripts (as well a custom one he made for this quest too):

63xl2WG.png?1

notably, the player will also be able to read books! literature is important :)

feOtCGT.png?1

still chipping away at dungeons and cave networks too. this is the entrance for another mini-dungeon:

yJv0AcL.png?1

and because i know i've not shared a lot in the way of screenshots of the overworld recently (on the forums or on the project itself), here's a section from what will probably be mid/late-game of the map:

s02or4T.png?1

other things:

• aslion has been play-testing the quest and providing quality control this week. lots of bugs being squashed.
  • once again, thanks to moosh for help with scripting, as well as taking the time to provide a modified version of the NPC script for this quest
  • also thanks to mitchfork for pulling the link collision detection script out of PoRC, which means this quest is one step closer to being the Oracle style game I always wanted to make
  • i really, really want to push a demo out soon (early next year??). possibly after i finish this next mini-dungeon, plus a few other things like houses, caves, etc. i'm considering the option of releasing it after i finish the first main dungeon but i don't know how long that's going to take, on top of bug testing, fiddling with scripts and etc
  • also if anybody has any good ideas about overworld map scripts (similar to moosh's dungeon subscreen one), hit me up

Edited by Taco Chopper, 16 December 2021 - 01:55 AM.

• Sheik likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users